SportsWrath

tiki is really a good guy

donovan4prez

Link

Accorsi said he has "no problem" with Tiki Barber giving Eagles running back Brian Westbrook workout tips. Westbrook, hoping to gain the durability that Barber has found, recently reached out to the Giants back about his training regime. While Barber did not make direct contact, his business agent, Mark Lepselter, last week called the office of Eagles coach Andy Reid and provided the phone number for Joe Carini, former winner of the New Jersey Strongest Man competition, who is Barber's workout guru.

"I don't think there's any concern about helping out a fellow guy in the league," Lepselter said.

Accorsi said, "Tiki knows what he's doing."

Just because he will have the same trainer doesn't mean he'll be an 1/8th of what Barber is... plus Westy is always getting hurt... your Westbrook = our Morton...good talent, but not nearly as good as they once were..

plus as Barber not being intelligent listen to any of his interviews... the guy says things that make reporters baffled cause he uses words they need google just to figure out what he meant..LOL

Having gone to the same college isn't necessarily a stronger bond than being two of the 33 starters in the same position within an elite league so, I don't see any suprise in the information sharing between two men in the same situation.

I suppose the only question is "why Andy Reid isn't calling other coaches to find out how to use Westrbook more effectively."

:LMAO: True...so true.. :LMAO:

exactly....see my other thread for more details.

You know damn well Tiki doesn't take steroids... just saying that is fucked up bro... I give props where it's due... like I give props to McNabb... Why can't you just admit that Tiki is a bad ass w/o bringing up steroids.. wouldn't it be annoying if we said every eagle that was good was on roids... cmon now dude, your classier than those other eagle fans...show it

Seriously, i think he's got a good year left in him.

As long as he can stay on th field sure he does... but he'll never do what Tiki did the last 2 years, and I'm still pretty sure Tiki is going to kick ass this year more than he will... not just because I'm a Giants fan, but because the Eagles are a throw first kind of team, and because we know Eli can't do it all by himself

slow down guys, i respect tiki for being one of the most underrated players in the NFL as well as a top rb, but just because westbrook DESTROYS the giants every time he plays against them, let's not forget that he's only been in the league 4 years (tiki has been playing nine) so it's unfair to compare tiki's and westbrook's careers as a whole......it's sorta like comparing lebron's to kobe's....let's wait until the younger player plays a few more years

comparatively speaking, tiki's 1st four years pale in comparison to westbrook's

Tiki

Year G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD

1997 12 6 136 511 3.8 42 3 2 31

1998 16 4 52 166 3.2 23 0 1 8

1999 16 1 62 258 4.2 30 0 1 12

2000 16 12 213 1006 4.7 78 8 9 38

Westbrook

2002 15 3 46 193 4.2 18 0 0 11

2003 15 8 117 613 5.2 62 7 6 27

2004 13 12 177 812 4.6 50 3 7 38

2005 12 12 156 617 4.0 31 3 5 27

in addition, during tiki's first four years, he fumbled the ball 18 times......westbrook fumbled the ball 6.

plus westbrook returned punts during that span...in tiki's first four years he scored one td returning punts. westbrook scored twice

westbrook is a MUCH better receiver than tiki....i wont even post those stats

plus westbrook has always had to share the load at rb, unlike tiki...remember Duce Staley???

O|/\/N'D!!!!!!!

So by virtue of the stats you've provided, I think you've demonstrated Tiki's superioty, since Tiki was mostly a 3rd down back and ST player in the early going.

I think waiting for Westbroke to have 9 years under his belt is a stretch, besides I don't know what talking to him will do then, what's he going to tell you about: running a car lot?

That's a long life a starting RB. The good news is that Andy doesn't use him much, so he may not take an injury.

slow down guys, i respect tiki for being one of the most underrated players in the NFL as well as a top rb, but just because westbrook DESTROYS the giants every time he plays against them, let's not forget that he's only been in the league 4 years (tiki has been playing nine) so it's unfair to compare tiki's and westbrook's careers as a whole......it's sorta like comparing lebron's to kobe's....let's wait until the younger player plays a few more years

comparatively speaking, tiki's 1st four years pale in comparison to westbrook's

Tiki

1997 12 6 136 511 3.8 42 3 2 31

1998 16 4 52 166 3.2 23 0 1 8

1999 16 1 62 258 4.2 30 0 1 12

2000 16 12 213 1006 4.7 78 8 9 38

Westbrook

2002 15 3 46 193 4.2 18 0 0 11

2003 15 8 117 613 5.2 62 7 6 27

2004 13 12 177 812 4.6 50 3 7 38

2005 12 12 156 617 4.0 31 3 5 27

in addition, during tiki's first four years, he fumbled the ball 18 times......westbrook fumbled the ball 6.

plus westbrook returned punts during that span...in tiki's first four years he scored one td returning punts. westbrook scored twice

westbrook is a MUCH better receiver than tiki....i wont even post those stats

plus westbrook has always had to share the load at rb, unlike tiki...remember Duce Staley???

O|/\/N'D!!!!!!!

:blink:

I don't know about being a better reciever. Westbrook may have better number, but please keep in mind the westbrook plays in a pass happey system.

Keep in mind the Tiki had to share the load too...Gary Brown, joe Mongmery (sp) Ron Dayne (:puke:)just to name a few.

So by virtue of the stats you've provided, I think you've demonstrated Tiki's superioty, since Tiki was mostly a 3rd down back and ST player in the early going.

I think waiting for Westbroke to have 9 years under his belt is a stretch, besides I don't know what talking to him will do then, what's he going to tell you about: running a car lot?

That's a long life a starting RB. The good news is that Andy doesn't use him much, so he may not take an injury.

tiki's superiority??? are you serious??? are you evaluating the same stats i am???

westbrook was the same thing for the eagles....a 3rd down back and ST stud early on. he was behind staley and buckhalter

view the stats again, but this time, take off the blue glasses.

tiki scored 19 tds in his first four years...westbrook scored 29

tiki averaged 3.975 ypc......westbrook averaged 4.5 ypc

did i mention that westbrook even passed for a td his rookie season???? tiki in 9 years still hasn't done that

in summary, westbrook has better rushing stats, receiving stats and return stats......all with less fumbles

andy doesn't use him that much? well that depends on your definition of "using a player"

again comparing after 4 years, tiki had 785 touches.....westbrook had 792

you used to be a formitable foe once, now you're age is starting to show.

does being a giant fan mean you ignore facts/stats?? maybe you shouldn't have stopped smoking just yet

I don't know about being a better reciever. Westbrook may have better number, but please keep in mind the westbrook plays in a pass happey system.

Keep in mind the Tiki had to share the load too...Gary Brown, joe Mongmery (sp) Ron Dayne (:puke:)just to name a few.

:confused:

some things are better off not even addressed.....westbrook is the nfl's version of dirk nowitzki, a matchup nightmare

if you think tiki is a better receiver than westbrook, you should go back over to general discussion....you don't even belong in this section

:confused:

some things are better off not even addressed.....westbrook is the nfl's version of dirk nowitzki, a matchup nightmare

if you think tiki is a better receiver than westbrook, you should go back over to general discussion....you don't even belong in this section

Really? Because he didn't look like much of a nightmare on the sidelines. :confused:

You do realize that Tiki is always among the leader for RB in catches and recieving yards? :confused:

So, run along little boy, go cry back to your mommy or I'll shall have you horse whipped.

Exactly. His #'s in his 1st 4 years were like that because he didnt carry the full load. Philly never really had a pass offense, so Wetbrook did more.

But whats more interesting is the fact that you compared thier FIRST FOUR YEARS!!! :confused:

Whats happened since? I'll tell you.

TIKI=ONE OF THE BEST RB's IN FOOTBALL.

Westy=Average at best.

Really? Because he didn't look like much of a nightmare on the sidelines. :confused:

You do realize that Tiki is always among the leader for RB in catches and recieving yards? :confused:

So, run along little boy, go cry back to your mommy or I'll shall have you horse whipped.

correction...the last 2 years Tiki led the NFL in All-Purpose yards.... nobody does the screen like Tiki :TU:

wow....just when you thought the country's reading comprehension skills advanced, you maggots took illiterateness to another level

at no time did i say westy was "better" than tiki, however i did mention that you cannot compare the career's of the two because it would be skewed. how can you compare the careers when one has played twice as long as the other? it's like saying eli is a better qb than matt hasselbeck

let the younger guy play a little while longer before you pass judgment

wow....just when you thought the country's reading comprehension skills advanced, you maggots took illiterateness to another level

at no time did i say westy was "better" than tiki, however i did mention that you cannot compare the career's of the two because it would be skewed. how can you compare the careers when one has played twice as long as the other? it's like saying eli is a better qb than matt hasselbeck

let the younger guy play a little while longer before you pass judgment

I just think this thread got outta hand. I see what you were orig. posting, but comparing stats in thier 1st 4 years is gonna give some the idea that you are comparing the actual players. Westy does kill us sometimes, I'll give you that. But theres no comparison over all. Westy needs to be in the league a little longer, as previously stated.