SportsWrath

Landon Collins proving Gettleman right.

Sephiroth

Wow, my goodness just move on already Collins. Now he wants to knock down an old guy cause he didnt think he was worth what Washington was willing to pay?

Yep DG is looking more intelligent by the day

You know unlike OBJ who I felt was done dirty by the media here, Collines left on his own terms and was loved by the media.

Kid needs to move on, you should be happy a team was willing to make you one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL.

I get that Collins was a bit salty about the Giants not making him an offer, but I didn't think it was this bad. He's now moved in to Odell territory as being a total POS. Now I don't wish any ill will towards the guy, but damn dude, just shut up.

You know unlike OBJ who I felt was done dirty by the media here, Collines left on his own terms and was loved by the media.

Kid needs to move on, you should be happy a team was willing to make you one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL.

Exactly BC. Obviously the decision to not try to resign him was strictly a business decision. Unlike Odell, Collins was respected in NY. Now he is swimming in cash, with little to nothing at all to complain about.

He must have really wanted to stay in NY. I doubt he would have passed up what Washington was offering him though. I cant for the life of me figuring out why hes taking this so personal

Exactly BC. Obviously the decision to not try to resign him was strictly a business decision. Unlike Odell, Collins was respected in NY. Now he is swimming in cash, with little to nothing at all to complain about.

He must have really wanted to stay in NY. I doubt he would have passed up what Washington was offering him though. I cant for the life of me figuring out why hes taking this so personal

Like you said maybe it's just the fact the Giants decided to not tag or actively resign him to a massive contract, maybe he took it as a sign of "You aint that good" by Getty?

I mean him and his agent must of known the Giants are in a cap hell with the trading of OBJ, Eli/Solder/Jenkins over bloated contracts, they knew the Giants were not going to be able to compete in with the FA teams out there.

I dunno OBJ can atleast talk about how he felt about being traded, but Collins could of easily stayed on a team friendly contract if he loved NY so much.

It is unfortunate that this continues to be a story for Collins. I understand how disappointing it is to be a Redskin even if you get a truckload of money that only guarantees you a spot on that roster for three years. He is now looking forward to the most disappointing three of his career. Maybe if they gave him Sean Taylor's number so he can truly step into the shoes of his role model will he be happy. Yet they didn't so we get angry Collins who unfortunately, can play very well.

It is unfortunate that this continues to be a story for Collins. I understand how disappointing it is to be a Redskin even if you get a truckload of money that only guarantees you a spot on that roster for three years. He is now looking forward to the most disappointing three of his career. Maybe if they gave him Sean Taylor's number so he can truly step into the shoes of his role model will he be happy. Yet they didn't so we get angry Collins who unfortunately, can play very well.

He can play very well in a very specific way.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately in retrospect, Collins refused the moneybacker role.... made no sense then or now, he was born for that position and he refused it, and mainly I think that is why he isn't with the team anymore. He insisted on playing a position he isn't really good at.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately in retrospect, Collins refused the moneybacker role.... made no sense then or now, he was born for that position and he refused it, and mainly I think that is why he isn't with the team anymore. He insisted on playing a position he isn't really good at.

I have very hard time believing that. Collins plays exactly where they wanted him, I have yet to see anything stating that Collins refused to play any role he has been asked to. I think he is an excellent safety, best we have had in a very long time so I was disappointed he was not re-signed like many people. He wasn't perfect and only one was.

He played nothing but the Money backer role for Bettcher.

And I'm with Tempest I've never read a thing about Collins refusing to play where in a position.

I can't find a link now, but I'm virtually positive I read a quote from Collins where he states unequivocally that he is a safety, not a linebacker, in response to a question about playing 'moneybacker'. So take it for what its worth, I don't care enough to keep digging, LOL.

Its easy to find articles speculating that he would play the moneybacker. That is absolutely not what he played for sure though. He played safety.

I can't find a link now, but I'm virtually positive I read a quote from Collins where he states unequivocally that he is a safety, not a linebacker, in response to a question about playing 'moneybacker'. So take it for what its worth, I don't care enough to keep digging, LOL.

Its easy to find articles speculating that he would play the moneybacker. That is absolutely not what he played for sure though. He played safety.

What's your definition of a money backer?

What's your definition of a money backer?

generally, or ideally, its a guy with safety size/quickness that plays LB based on initial alignment. But his assignments will differ from a linebacker in that he isn't really ever going to expected to fill a hole. He's also going to draw a lot of assignments where he falls back into a deeper coverage than a typical linebacker could handle, unless we're talking about a guy like Urlacher or Derrick Brooks.

Its really not a role that exists by itself either.... it can't exist without a defensive front that occupies a ton of space on its own, giving a smaller 'backer room to get around blocks and make plays.

Yeah see I don't see that response to the question from a reporter as being the same as being asked by the team to play linebacker. I believe Collins has played exactly as the Giants have wanted him to while he was with the team. I think he was a better fit for Spagnuolo than Bettcher. Landon Collins is excellent at playing close to the line and making up for the deficiencies of the Giants defense especially when it came to stopping the run and rushing the passer.

Landon Collins is a better zone coverage safety than he is in man which has lead to the misconception that he cannot cover. Lets see how the season goes.