SportsWrath

Carl Banks on Sirrius NFL radio last 2 days

xxi-xxv

Carl is so damn smart, not only was he a great player, but he was a smart player. He knew where to be and more specifically where to be playing opposite LT, he knew the lanes to stay in and the routes to take and hardly ever(MNF 88 RANDALL notwithstanding)never missed a sure tackle.

Anyway listening to Carl break down football I was reminded of something. When the NY football Giants win, they win with defense and a good running game. Thats the type of football I long for, power on both sides. None of this bullshit putting all the pressure on the QB and high flying offensive players. Having them is nice and no doubt an offense that can make plays helps, but in the end, playing in Giants Stadium and th NFC EAST it comes down to smarts and smashmouth.

Another thing Carl said was that he was as impressed if not more so with ELI than he was with Simms back in the mid 80's in terms of his ability to make plays. Solomon Wilcots tricked him into saying ELI is more talented than Simms ever was. I take everything Carl says as gospel and IMO this is a guy who knows football. Why I say this is that he has never been afraid to criticize the Giants as well. Time to build a defense boys, one that punishes and manhandles the opponents. When this happens(as Carl pointed out)the Giants could become a dominant team in the NFC.

Carl is so damn smart, not only was he a great player, but he was a smart player. He knew where to be and more specifically where to be playing opposite LT, he knew the lanes to stay in and the routes to take and hardly ever(MNF 88 RANDALL notwithstanding)never missed a sure tackle.

Anyway listening to Carl break down football I was reminded of something. When the NY football Giants win, they win with defense and a good running game. Thats the type of football I long for, power on both sides. None of this bullshit putting all the pressure on the QB and high flying offensive players. Having them is nice and no doubt an offense that can make plays helps, but in the end, playing in Giants Stadium and th NFC EAST it comes down to smarts and smashmouth.

Another thing Carl said was that he was as impressed if not more so with ELI than he was with Simms back in the mid 80's in terms of his ability to make plays. Solomon Wilcots tricked him into saying ELI is more talented than Simms ever was. I take everything Carl says as gospel and IMO this is a guy who knows football. Why I say this is that he has never been afraid to criticize the Giants as well. Time to build a defense boys, one that punishes and manhandles the opponents. When this happens(as Carl pointed out)the Giants could become a dominant team in the NFC

What we really need is for Carl to be on our coaching staff. EA should have hired him as Head Coach instead of " Don't be on time- be early or you are late" Coughlin. Then we could have attracted better assistant coaches than StupidNagle and Loser Lewis. No good assistant coach want to work for Coughlin :furious:

Carl is a great guy i met him once and spent like 2 hours with him....

Rember the play he made in the Superbowl on the goalline a tackle for a loss of like 4....

that was all him reading the play and then making it

I think that makes it even more appropiate that Pierce is wearing his number.

Another thing Carl said was that he was as impressed if not more so with ELI than he was with Simms back in the mid 80's in terms of his ability to make plays. Solomon Wilcots tricked him into saying ELI is more talented than Simms ever was. I take everything Carl says as gospel and IMO this is a guy who knows football. Why I say this is that he has never been afraid to criticize the Giants as well. Time to build a defense boys, one that punishes and manhandles the opponents. When this happens(as Carl pointed out)the Giants could become a dominant team in the NFC.

Ive never seen someone kiss as much Giant ass as this man. Must have something to do with him not having a close relationship with his father, meanwhile his dad loved the giants, so giants=fathers love. That is what it must be ;)

Ive never seen someone kiss as much Giant ass as this man. Must have something to do with him not having a close relationship with his father, meanwhile his dad loved the giants, so giants=fathers love. That is what it must be ;)

Who are you taliking about?

Guest Lockhart

What is it that Carl thought Eli was better than Simms at - anouncing football games? As a football player, Eli has yet to attain Kyle Boller status.

What is it that Carl thought Eli was better than Simms at - anouncing football games? As a football player, Eli has yet to attain Kyle Boller status.

yet? Simms(my man)never threw 24 tds in his 2nd year. I do not think Boller has 24 tds for his entire career ;)

I dont mind you having your opinion but at least speak with some intelligience.

Carl BAnks is clearly making a comparision about 2 qbs ( eli and phil)

in their 2nd year. Banks see's a more impressive ELi in his 2nd or 1st full season.

I was there also and watched simms in his 1st and 2nd year and to be honest simms

was bad. Eli has simms beat hands down in his 2nd year.

Is that not right? Lockhart are you there?

Its a fact that Eli played better in his first full season than phil simms.

As far as career goes that has yet to be determined!

Please give us facts not hate reviews it makes you sound like a angry child!

:ph34r:

Simms never folded like a cheap suit the way Manning did in the second half of the season. Also, as I recall, Simms never had weapons like Barber(the best all-around HB in the NFL)Shockey, Plax and lastly Toomer. He had a great FB and a very good HB yet a great O-line. The O-line played pretty damn good this year if you ask me. Simms played hurt the entire beginning of his career. But he could throw the ball down the field. Do you think Eli is ready to make that 4th and 17 against the vikings with the game on the line. No way boys. And Simms had a great 'go get them' attitude. Eli looks like he cant wait for the game to be over so he can get out of the spotlight. Hmmmm what's his stance about shockey and plax not practicing with the team in NJ? Has he spoken publicly about that yet? Or is he still eating marshmellow flying saucers in his 50' by 50' den?

Guest Nutty Sack

Carl Banks was a great Giant has has earned the full respect of the Fab Four. We have debated his opinion off Eli with him long and hard and respect his opinion. Unfortunately for all concerned Carl will be proven wrong on this subject.

Carl Banks was a great Giant has has earned the full respect of the Fab Four. We have debated his opinion off Eli with him long and hard and respect his opinion. Unfortunately for all concerned Carl will be proven wrong on this subject.

In all honesty his opinion on defense(specifically the chemistry he speaks of for a LB core)goes a lot further with me than his opinion of offense. He just seems to think that ELI is better in year 2 than Simms was in his year 2. Cannot argue the stats, but the story has yet to be completed.

First off dude who go by stats dont know shit about shit

Like I said Simms was still hurt in year 2. And what exctly do you want him to say: Eli sucks and will never amount to anything? :wacko:

and who is this 'fab four' fruit? Four guys that suck each others ass on a message board? I bet the fag four get stuffed into an aweful lot of lockers in the real world :lol:

Edited by WwwizdummM

First off dude who go by stats dont know shit about shit

Like I said Simms was still hurt in year 2. And what exctly do you want him to say: Eli sucks and will never amount to anything? :wacko:

and who is this 'fab four' fruit? Four guys that suck each others ass on a message board? I bet the fag four get stuffed into an aweful lot of lockers in the real world :lol:

You got that part right wiz :rock::rock: :worshippy:

I dont mind you having your opinion but at least speak with some intelligience.

Carl BAnks is clearly making a comparision about 2 qbs ( eli and phil)

in their 2nd year. Banks see's a more impressive ELi in his 2nd or 1st full season.

I was there also and watched simms in his 1st and 2nd year and to be honest simms

was bad. Eli has simms beat hands down in his 2nd year.

Its a fact that Eli played better in his first full season than phil simms.

As far as career goes that has yet to be determined!

Please give us facts not hate reviews it makes you sound like a angry child!

:ph34r:

Martin,

I don't want to hit this too hard, but Phil didn't exactly have the NFL all-stars on offense his first two years. When you have weapons like Doug Kotar, Billy Taylor (RBs), Gary Shirk (TE), Tom Mullady, Johnny Perkins, and Earnest Gray(he was the good wide receiver :doh: ), you just aren't going to look good.

Considering the only Suburbanite on the team in 1979 was Benson, and he was a rookie starting at LT, you kind of start to understand why Simms was injured so much early on.

I don't mean this as a denegration of Manning's accomplishments to date: I'm just pointing out the situations that he and Simms started with couldn't be more different. Well, all right, Manning's OL left a little to be desired in 2004 as well.

What about dudes who think a QB had a good year bcos he had good stats? :confused:

what about dudes that claim to be Giant fans, yet have no idea who Brad Van Pelt was.

For a 2nd year QB ELI was fine, he was awful down the stretch, but IMO his year was average and for a 2nd year QB he had a decent year.

Now go back to stalking 17 year old myspacers, you know NOTHING about football.

Guest Nutty Sack

Ha,ha,ha,ha..........everyone knows Bo Van Pelt is a PGA golfer ranked number 43 on the money list this year. How silly.