SportsWrath

The Secondary

BlueInCanada

I've never been more excited for a position group on the Giants since the days of Nicks/Cruz/Randle or Strahan/Osi/Tuck.

We have the potential to field the best secondary in the NFL with Baker, Ballentine, Love and Peppers, if they all develope.

Baker and Ballentine have already had flashes and the fact that the coaches are moving Love all over the field shows what they think of his ability.

Peppers needs to show what he can do with these last two years on his rookie contract but if he can work up to his first round hype he could be a starter for the next 8 years.

This is a young secondary.. theyre going to have a lot bumps and bruises this year. But I think by this time next year, this group should be a force.

My only concern is Beal... dude has only participated 1 day of full pads practice in the last 18 months... my Bust sense is starting to tingle.

This is a young secondary.. theyre going to have a lot bumps and bruises this year. But I think by this time next year, this group should be a force.

My only concern is Beal... dude has only participated 1 day of full pads practice in the last 18 months... my Bust sense is starting to tingle.

They can't all be winners.

Would be nice to at least see him play a little though. Is he injury prone or averse to the game?

The youth is a worry for sure, but there is a wealth of athleticism to keep us interested... and hopeful, especially as the season develops

Would be nice to at least see him play a little though. Is he injury prone or averse to the game?

I know I read an article saying that when the Giants grabbed him in the supplemental draft they knew that at some point he would need the surgery he got on his shoulder and be out for his rookie year.

I don't think the Giants are in any rush to get him back, especially with a hamstring injury he's been nursing.

I think what happens he spends the year on/off the field getting game time reps where he can and comes back next season when the Giants will need it more with guys like Jenkins/Haley/Hamilton gone.

Best case he's healthy week one and rotates in from time to time and the Giants role into 2020 with Baker/Ballentine/Love/Beal all with 16 games under their belt.

Worst case they put him on the practice squad and he goes to some team and becomes a starter in a year lol

I've never been more excited for a position group on the Giants since the days of Nicks/Cruz/Randle or Strahan/Osi/Tuck.

We have the potential to field the best secondary in the NFL with Baker, Ballentine, Love and Peppers, if they all develope.

Baker and Ballentine have already had flashes and the fact that the coaches are moving Love all over the field shows what they think of his ability.

Peppers needs to show what he can do with these last two years on his rookie contract but if he can work up to his first round hype he could be a starter for the next 8 years.

I agree, but don't be so quick to put Jackrabbit out to pasture!

I really loved the Ballentine pick and think DG got a steal. Love really has impressed me, too.

I agree, but don't be so quick to put Jackrabbit out to pasture!

I really loved the Ballentine pick and think DG got a steal. Love really has impressed me, too.

I thought Jenkins contract was done after this season?

I could be wrong.

I just don't see them resigning him unless he comes for cheap.

Of course... but Im really rooting for Beal to make an impact. Hes extremely impressive when it comes to physically abilities. I hate for talent to be waisted.

I dont know what you all are excited about!! This secondary and pass rush scares the shit out of me.

We might score points this year - but I think the Giants cant stop decent offenses for shit - and we will be forced to score 30 plus points to try and win every week.

I dont know what you all are excited about!! This secondary and pass rush scares the shit out of me.

We might score points this year - but I think the Giants cant stop decent offenses for shit - and we will be forced to score 30 plus points to try and win every week.

That's why I said on a few seasons.

The secondary is raw and so is the pass rush.

Lack of pass rush and lack of experience in the secondary doesnt really ease the soul... But I think we are heading in the right direction

They are raw...but Ballentine in particular, he is such an athlete.

Among his position group at the combine, he was:

12th in 40 time with a 4.47

10th in bench press with 15 reps

5th in Vert with 39.5"

1st in Broad Jump with 11'3"

6th in 3-Cone with 6.82 seconds (Julian Love was 3rd, btw, with 6.72 secs)

9th in 20-yard Shuttle with 4.14 seconds (Love was 6th with 4.10)

He's just an overall tremendous athlete and the early returns are good. I'm actually more excited about Ballentine thus far than Baker, even though I'm a believer with Baker.