SportsWrath

Looks like I was right

JMFP

I'm sorry.. why is everyone shitting on Rainey? Is he making $8M per year or something?

It looks like my comment started it. Jim said you get an elite playmaker over an elite guard, unless you are loaded with playmakers. Bobby Rainey (not being an elite player, but probably thinking he is) would agree with Jim. The Rainey bashing was just gravy after that.

Well, I don't mean to shit on him really... He just isn't a replacement level player. Need better talent at the bottom of the roster. Either somebody with talent and is developing, or reliable roster fill. Not someone like Rainey who is not quite either.

We already have better talent for the bottom of the roster, the problem is they are the top of the roster too.

I know I'm in the minority here... but Bobby Rainy is fine for what he is... and what he is is a fifth string running back. Perkins, Jennings, Darkwa, and Vereen are all ahead of him. You expect your fifth stringer to make some dumb mistakes.

I know I'm in the minority here... but Bobby Rainy is fine for what he is... and what he is is a fifth string running back. Perkins, Jennings, Darkwa, and Vereen are all ahead of him. You expect your fifth stringer to make some dumb mistakes.

I like Rainey better than Darkwa

I don't expect a ton of production but I expect someone whose been in the league as long as he has to not make that kind of mistake. It'd be a different story if Perkins did it

I don't expect a ton of production but I expect someone whose been in the league as long as he has to not make that kind of mistake. It'd be a different story if Perkins did it

Perkins' mistake was far more egregious in my opinion. You're taught in small fry to jump on any loose ball first and ask questions later. Play to the whistle and let he refs make the decisions.

It prob is but with Perkins we have a rookie who shows potential on a cheap contract. With Rainey we have roster filler. Roster filler is on a shorter leash in my mind especially when you consider he's a veteran and should've known better

It prob is but with Perkins we have a rookie who shows potential on a cheap contract. With Rainey we have roster filler. Roster filler is on a shorter leash in my mind especially when you consider he's a veteran and should've known better

Yeah he should have known better, just like the defense should have known better on defending the hail mary pass. It was the little things that accumulated and lead to the loss.

Well, I don't mean to shit on him really... He just isn't a replacement level player. Need better talent at the bottom of the roster. Either somebody with talent and is developing, or reliable roster fill. Not someone like Rainey who is not quite either.

Correct... he's getting paid accordingly... Reese could have done more in the offseason maybe? I know he did a lot for the defense... and Vereen unfortunately got injured. There's definitely some work to be done on that side of the ball this offseason... we need a very good OC and OL coach and we need a couple of pieces including a capable WR instead of Cruz, a starting caliber TE, a FB, and a 2 OLs....all in free agency.

Heck, DRC doesn't get injured against Green Bay and we could be the ones playing in ATL this weekend.

They lost Nelson so I'm trying not to use drc as an excuse. Those WRs needed to catch those tds, the refs needed to call the Cobb push off and we needed to not make those dumb mistakes in the second half. Rainey isn't good enough to stay on the team after making a mistake like that. There will be other cheap rbs at his skill level who won't make that mistake available this offseason

Better question is why is Rainey returning at all? By that point in the game it should have been Harris and OBJ for punt and kick returns.

Harris yes... I cringe at a star player returning punts/kicks.... the Sehorn image still haunts me.

OBJ had a TD on almost every return and the Giants are losing control of the game. Sitting for a potential injury is asinine because he could literally be injured at anytime anyway. The Giants needed a spark and McAdoo is staring at his book wondering how amazing a running draw on 3rd and long will be.

OBJ had a TD on almost every return and the Giants are losing control of the game. Sitting for a potential injury is asinine because he could literally be injured at anytime anyway. The Giants needed a spark and McAdoo is staring at his book wondering how amazing a running draw on 3rd and long will be.

See I agree with this, if you have a player who can score for any position on the field use him where you can when your team needs it.

OBJ can blow his knee out just by running a simple route, no need to play it safe when your team as Lone Wolf said "needs a spark"

Harris yes... I cringe at a star player returning punts/kicks.... the Sehorn image still haunts me.

Keeping Beckham on the bench for returns is asinine. How often are Desean and AB hurt on returns? I really hope the team isn't so cowardly as to not have Beckham return punts because they are afraid he will get hurt because it happened to that one cornerback 20 years ago in preseason.

Rainey was worth $0.00 that game. Not sure he was even worth vet min this year

How did he even make an NFL roster? I can't believe there wasn't an UDFA with far more upside that could have been signed.

See I agree with this, if you have a player who can score for any position on the field use him where you can when your team needs it.

OBJ can blow his knee out just by running a simple route, no need to play it safe when your team as Lone Wolf said "needs a spark"

Keeping Beckham on the bench for returns is asinine. How often are Desean and AB hurt on returns? I really hope the team isn't so cowardly as to not have Beckham return punts because they are afraid he will get hurt because it happened to that one cornerback 20 years ago in preseason.

I think anytime someone uses the word "asinine" and one agrees and another person repeats it, it's a triple double.. you guys win. SMH... no fuck you and you and you... Having ODB return kicks isn't in our best interest long term... the exception maybe in THAT situation where it's a consequential game.

"Consequential" beats "asinine" every time. :)

At the very least put him back there in important situations.

This.