Why we all post here

BlueInCanada

Trade/Cut/Release/Bench OBJ

"The boat" caused the loss

Eli is done

Spags would of won the game as HC

We should of tanked the season for a better pick

This season is a failure

All gems of the GMB, almost makes me wonder why I left.

I for one look at it as a positive season. With some tweeking (OC, OL, ST) we will be better next year. Also a I hope this serves as a lesson to the WR Corp. You want to go mini Florida break.... wait til mid Feb.... Finnish putting ALL OF your work in. As for OBJ, he says he takes losing personally . Well it's about time to stop with these game lose outburst. Work on his game, CATCH THE BALL. We all know you can do it. Just because there is an opportunity to one hand a ball, doesn't mean that's the only way ... seems he tries to do it at times just to showboat.... OBJ needs to mature over the off season.

i'm not too disappointed really ........a very enjoyable season. It always ends in misery for 31 teams every year.

and .....after all , i've watched the Giants win 4 Superbowls so far in my lifetime ........ ( and been at one of them ) how fortunate is that !

( imagine being a fucking Eagles fan ! )

Trade/Cut/Release/Bench OBJ

"The boat" caused the loss

Eli is done

Spags would of won the game as HC

We should of tanked the season for a better pick

This season is a failure

All gems of the GMB, almost makes me wonder why I left.

Looking at the gameday thread, a few of those comments are in there also.

I feel as many of you do. Disappointed with the loss, but it wasn't unexpected, and we have a bright, bright future ahead.

Can't wait to see what this team does next year. Another back, an actual run-blocking Guard and/or RT, a Fullback, and maybe an NFL-caliber MLB are not high-priced additions and should improve this team greatly.

I thought we'd win six games, I am VERY excited at how wrong I was. The arrow is pointing up.

I too, think we overachieved this season. We were certainly better than expected, especially on defense. With that said, a loss like this as well as some of the struggles we saw during the season, point to some real concerns.

First, our offensive line and tight end positions are lacking. Flowers needs to be done at left tackle. I would certainly give him an open shot at the right side but not at the expense of keeping Hart out of the lineup. I think Hart showed enough this season to be a starter next year. But, something needs to be done there with that personnel.

Second, we need a dual-threat tight end. Tye had some nice catches, but his blocking could improve. Others we've seen have been the opposite. I remember all to well the impact Shockey had when he was drafted...the attention he pulled to the center of the field, away from Toomer and the other WRs. The WRs benefitted in a big way. I could see the same happening for OBJ and Shepard.

Third, we should be looking at another WR. Cruz is a possession receiver at best at this point. The quickness still isn't bad for your #3 WR, but the speed just isn't there anymore.

But, perhaps the biggest concern I see is the offensive playcalling/creativity/production. The above 3 personnel upgrades would help tremendously, but I think that McAdoo's offense was too predictable and too ordinary given the playmakers we DO have. When he was brought to the Giants, the expectation was that we'd have a Green Bay kind of offense and we just don't. The comparison will always be there. I've said it 100x, that Green Bay has plays designed to get guys open. We just have plays. There doesn't seem to be natural picks or vacating space for a receiver to run into or much in the way of a run game outside of run right, run left, and delayed handoff. We all know, that McAdoo is our coach next year - but I really think that he should strongly consider an OC that shares, but stretches what McAdoo wants to do. We'd be 1000x more productive if we had play designs and creativity on offense.

i'm not too disappointed really ........a very enjoyable season. It always ends in misery for 31 teams every year.

and .....after all , i've watched the Giants win 4 Superbowls so far in my lifetime ........ ( and been at one of them ) how fortunate is that !

( imagine being a fucking Eagles fan ! )

word! and BIC, lighten up with the criticism of fellow members. it's tiring

I feel as many of you do. Disappointed with the loss, but it wasn't unexpected, and we have a bright, bright future ahead.

Can't wait to see what this team does next year. Another back, an actual run-blocking Guard and/or RT, a Fullback, and maybe an NFL-caliber MLB are not high-priced additions and should improve this team greatly.

I thought we'd win six games, I am VERY excited at how wrong I was. The arrow is pointing up.

Looking up, but its a small window though.

Next year, maybe the year after. And then Eli will be 39 and its time to think about starting over.

And the D took a huge step forward this year, but look what happened yesterday after losing DRC. Got to keep building depth on D, LB still is on the wish list. JPP may walk this offseason. Defense is notoriously inconsistent year to year anyway. Team was relatively healthy in 2016. 2017 is looking up, but my expectations are still moderate. Especially now that we know Beckham is a choker. Every big game he's had this season, he's dropped balls. Every time. Biggest game of his career yesterday, and it was probably the second worst game of his career.

Looking up, but its a small window though.

Next year, maybe the year after. And then Eli will be 39 and its time to think about starting over.

And the D took a huge step forward this year, but look what happened yesterday after losing DRC. Got to keep building depth on D, LB still is on the wish list. JPP may walk this offseason. Defense is notoriously inconsistent year to year anyway. Team was relatively healthy in 2016. 2017 is looking up, but my expectations are still moderate. Especially now that we know Beckham is a choker. Every big game he's had this season, he's dropped balls. Every time. Biggest game of his career yesterday, and it was probably the second worst game of his career.

Yeah I had meant to put that in the "next year" thread. Eli's time is limited and we might want to think about drafting his replacement soon. I don't think you start another guy over Eli but I'd love to see a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers transition as opposed to a Dan Marino and... uh.. whoever replaces Marino one.

Yeah I had meant to put that in the "next year" thread. Eli's time is limited and we might want to think about drafting his replacement soon. I don't think you start another guy over Eli but I'd love to see a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers transition as opposed to a Dan Marino and... uh.. whoever replaces Marino one.

no one has yet! ?

Next year you have Sam Darnold but he will be the first pick, Josh Rosen is good but coming off shoulder surgery and apparently he's somewhat of an entitled asshole, Luke Falk is the guy I want for 2018