SportsWrath

" Playoff Eli " or bust

UK-Giantsfan

Our brilliant D has given us the potential of another Championship now ........but we cant hold Rodgers to under 20 pts.

We need " Playoff Eli " right now . We have a massive opportunity against their decimated secondary . ( If Eli has time and we have some balance with the run , GB cannot stop Beckham , Shep and Cruz )

" Playoff Eli " just needs to have a clean , intelligent game , 2 TD , 0 INT , 275 yards .....thank you very much.

Their secondary is pretty awful. GB has conceded 388 points this year ( we have allowed just 284 )

In the last GB game in week 5 Eli had several terrible missed passes and we had several drops ( in fact we are 2nd in the NFL for dropped passes this year ! ). Both of these have to stop now.

Eli just has to make it happen now....it all rests with him. Good news is that he seems relaxed and confident in his demeanour at his press conferences.,,,and he seems to have regained his steely resolve. ( i loved his Miami-boat response too ).

Go Eli ..... this team can go as far as you can take us. ( these opportunities don't come around very often )

( Giants 24 , Packers 23 )

Packers have allowed 32 passing TD's this year ( 3rd worst in the NFL ) .......and then they lost 2 more pieces of their secondary in week 17

They have also allowed 53 passing completions of over 20 yards ( only Cleveland is worse than that ! )

Surely "Playoff Eli" can earn his big salary and get us more than 20 points in this game !

The Packers had a terrible secondary the first time and OBJ/Eli were pretty pedestrian.

On the other hand, Green Bay was coming off a 14-day rest and the Giants were coming off a short week, so it should be interesting to see how the game goes this time.

The Packers had a terrible secondary the first time and OBJ/Eli were pretty pedestrian.

On the other hand, Green Bay was coming off a 14-day rest and the Giants were coming off a short week, so it should be interesting to see how the game goes this time.

The OLine was fucking atrocious vs GB if I rememeber correctly.

If the Giants can run the ball then we have solved half the problem coming up on Sunday and if the defense continues to play at a high level will take care of the other half.

Won't make a difference which Eli shows up if the Giants fail to run the ball against Green Bay again.

The wild card here will be Manning; just like it's been all season. If he continues to make rookie mistakes, weak arm balls, and turn the ball over, we will lose.

I hope they go in and really just pound the ball and dominate the trenches on both sides. New England does it every season. It's the only way to win January football, in my opinion.

I hope they go in and really just pound the ball and dominate the trenches on both sides.

Normally i would agree with you Driz , but this team is not set up for pounding. ( we don't even have a bloody FB ).

I hope we can run the ball well enough to develop some play action and have some balanced Offense.

But his game rests on Eli and his experience and intelligence. A couple of TD's and no turnovers.

I think we need to be patient and quite conservative to start with , but this game will rest upon Eli's arm in the 4th quarter.

Normally i would agree with you Driz , but this team is not set up for pounding. ( we don't even have a bloody FB ).

I hope we can run the ball well enough to develop some play action and have some balanced Offense.

But his game rests on Eli and his experience and intelligence. A couple of TD's and no turnovers.

I think we need to be patient and quite conservative to start with , but this game will rest upon Eli's arm in the 4th quarter.

I feel the same way.

The one caveat is that I think we may finally have Beatty, Jones, Newhouse, and Hart all healthy. If they wanted to put, say, Beatty and Newhouse in a jumbo TE package I think it might be a new wrinkle that the league hasn't seen to this point and probably isn't prepared for.

Perkins is a good back; he could probably do well behind a power 2TE set.

Yes, if Eli can not turn the ball over in the first 3 qtrs and the offense put up some points.... and the defense keep the Pack bellow 20 points I am confident that Eli will prevail in the end. The thing that scares me most is Gould... I can see that fuck face missing a short FG or a PAT and it killing us. Should have never lost that bitch slapper

The thing that scares me most is Gould... I can see that fuck face missing a short FG or a PAT and it killing us.

I've only just recovered from Lawrence Tynes missing those 2 field goals at Lambeau in 2008 .........Thank Fuck that he made the 3rd one !

We don't need a Robbie Gould drama that's for sure