SportsWrath

So How Do We Play It Against Washington This Week?

Gman329

No matter what happens with Lions/Cowboys tonight or with any of the 1:00 games on Sunday, the #6 seed will be up for grabs when our game starts. Only way Washington doesn't get in with a win is if Lions win tonight, then lose to Packers Sunday night. Lions lose tonight and Washington will be in a "win and we're in" situation. I think we know how Coughlin would have played it and, I suppose, Herm "you play to win the game" Edwards, too.

Vegas seems to think they know which way McAdoo is going - Washington is an 8 point favorite. Does everybody play and "business as usual" game? Is it the final preseason game? Or (most likely) somewhere in between? Eli will definitely start to preserve his streak but does he play the whole game?

If it were me, I wouldn't let OBJ leave NY. This game has too much potential for a suspension/injury. OBJ/Norman fued. You know he would love to keep Norman out of the playoffs, and Norman gets under his skin and could cause him to blow up and get suspended for part of the playoffs. Or OBJ could headbut the uprights and hurt himself.

The rest of them, fuck it, let them play and try to win and keep the skins out.

If it were me, I wouldn't let OBJ leave NY. This game has too much potential for a suspension/injury. OBJ/Norman fued. You know he would love to keep Norman out of the playoffs, and Norman gets under his skin and could cause him to blow up and get suspended for part of the playoffs. Or OBJ could headbut the uprights and hurt himself.

I think sitting him would piss OBJ off more and probably cause more shit then letting him play.

The guy wants to win and play, he's not going to miss the chance to embarrass Norman again.

Besides OBJ has taken a lot of shit this year from other teams, even as far as shoving and late hits after the play and he's been able to keep his head.

Give Eli enough minutes to keep the streak and then pull him. I agree with VG although if the Redskins haven't convinced Norman not to be a douche for this game then they deserve nothing. A steady dose of Lewis Jr, Larry Donnell and Bobby Rainey works for me.

I would not want to shield ODB... He needs to grow and this is a great opportunity for him to "have fun"...

I'd rather eliminate Washington from the play-offs than play it safe. I think momentum is really important at this point.

I feel the same way.

I'd also take Odell Beckham on any team in a heartbeat. He is a Hall of Fame level talent, and while his antics get tiresome, it's not like he's a Randy Moss style criminal or a me first douchbag like Terrell Owens.

My point was we will not make a run without him, he is that important to the offense. Having him in the playoffs is more important than this game, and you're kidding yourselves if you think there isn't a real change something doesn't happen between him and Norman.

Not sure where the idea I think he isn't important or we didn't need him came from, that's just stupid.

My point was we will not make a run without him, he is that important to the offense. Having him in the playoffs is more important than this game, and you're kidding yourselves if you think there isn't a real change something doesn't happen between him and Norman.

Not sure where the idea I think he isn't important or we didn't need him came from, that's just stupid.

Because all thoughout the year OBJ has shown he's a headcase.

People really need to get off the kids back and stop believing in all the stuff the media spews.

He didnt "act out" against Norman the first game as a 'Skin, and he wont do anything this.

Beckham Jr. has shown he has matured as a player. Unfortunately, his earlier behavior seems to have impacted how often he gets calls....but....he has reigned in the emotional outbursts on the field and he wants to win. Those are players you want on your team.

Because all thoughout the year OBJ has shown he's a headcase.

People really need to get off the kids back and stop believing in all the stuff the media spews.

He didnt "act out" against Norman the first game as a 'Skin, and he wont do anything this.

At times he has looked like a head case, I don't need the media to tell me what my eyes see.

Norman well be baiting him, well hit him and talk shit and try to get him to explode.

Just because he has what you perceive as an unfair reputation does not mean he is not more likely than most players from letting his emotions get the better of him, or maybe we can spend the preseason next year watching him marry the net again.

To be honest .......if we cant beat the fucking Redskins .........we are not going to win a playoff game on the road at Lambeau or Seattle a week later are we !

lets just bury Washington and move on with confidence !

I disagree with first notion that if we don't beat the Redskins, we won't win a playoff game.... I think there's more reason to believe the skins will win on their home turf (Don't they get in if they win?)

History has shown we can win @GB... It's Seattle that I hate so much...

But yes.. burying the skins would be great..