SportsWrath

Giants trade down?

Sephiroth

I don't think it's likely anymore.

If you look at the remaining teams in the top ten of the draft... outside of the Jets that already traded up and maybe Denver... there's no team that really needs a QB. The Dolphins, Bills, and Skins might be looking in the early half of the next 10 teams but I don't see the Giants going down that far. If you're one of those teams, why give away the house when it's likely your guy will be there when you pick?

I think this points to us grabbing a QB too.

If you look at the remaining teams in the top ten of the draft... outside of the Jets that already traded up and maybe Denver... there's no team that really needs a QB. The Dolphins, Bills, and Skins might be looking in the early half of the next 10 teams but I don't see the Giants going down that far. If you're one of those teams, why give away the house when it's likely your guy will be there when you pick?

. I think we still have a chance with Denver. I think they would like to position themselves to have a better position then the Jets. I think they really like Rosen. And would Jump in front of the Jets to get him.

Yeah I accepted that scenario as well. They just won't pass on getting a QB. There will be another generational RB next year as well. Gettleman has rebuilt the offensive line in three days.

Would Nelson be worth it at this point? I mean, we signed on 2 OTs so far in the free agency, I know it's always good to have more competition though but aren't we expecting the two new pick ups to be starters, right?

Would Nelson be worth it at this point? I mean, we signed on 2 OTs so far in the free agency, I know it's always good to have more competition though but aren't we expecting the two new pick ups to be starters, right?

IF Barkley is gone @1 we could take Nelson . I wounder if Sony will be there in the 2nd round. SO here are my two scenarios

#1 Barkley round 1 then Hernandez round 2

#2 Nelson round 1 then Sony hopefully round 2

then its CB ,DE and LBers Wr what ever BPA

There could be trade up scenarios among other teams for other players as well, e.g. Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson etc. Not that any of them are necessarily worthy of the #2, but when you have other teams jamming up the top 5-6 of the draft, it might incent teams to do what they must to get the player they want (at least in theory). Also, I wouldn't rule out the Bills putting together a massive package including their 12, 21, 2nd rounder and future picks. Also, many of the trade scenarios and team interest likely depends on who the browns draft and don't draft with their #1 overall pick. For instance, I think the interest from teams changes if the Browns pass on Barkely.

I still say we shouldn't pass on Darnold if he's there. If not, I recommend trading down, and I am increasingly luke warm on Mayfield, Rosen, and especially Josh Allen.

There could be trade up scenarios among other teams for other players as well, e.g. Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson etc. Not that any of them are necessarily worthy of the #2, but when you have other teams jamming up the top 5-6 of the draft, it might incent teams to do what they must to get the player they want (at least in theory). Also, I wouldn't rule out the Bills putting together a massive package including their 12, 21, 2nd rounder and future picks. Also, many of the trade scenarios and team interest likely depends on who the browns draft and don't draft with their #1 overall pick. For instance, I think the interest from teams changes if the Browns pass on Barkely.

I still say we shouldn't pass on Darnold if he's there. If not, I recommend trading down, and I am increasingly luke warm on Mayfield, Rosen, and especially Josh Allen.

I think it is almost impossible for the Bills to come up with a package to move up that high for one player when there isn't one player in the draft. I think they'll they might move up for a QB who drops out of the top ten.

I think it is almost impossible for the Bills to come up with a package to move up that high for one player when there isn't one player in the draft. I think they'll they might move up for a QB who drops out of the top ten.

How about their two 1st rounders and their 2nd rounder this year, and next years 1st and 2nd rounder?

How about their two 1st rounders and their 2nd rounder this year, and next years 1st and 2nd rounder?

I don't know the value of those picks as I'm not draft pundit, deferring to Seph on that.

According to the draft chart the bills would be getting fleeced. Just their 2 first rounders alone plus their 53rd pick is 2350 points and our pick alone is worth 2600 points. I dont know how the chart values future draft picks of an unknown slot but if we wanna be conservative, the last picks in next years first and second round are worth 860 points.

If we wanted both their firsts and both their seconds this year we could give them our first this year and maybe our fourth or fifth next year

According to the draft chart the bills would be getting fleeced. Just their 2 first rounders alone plus their 53rd pick is 2350 points and our pick alone is worth 2600 points. I dont know how the chart values future draft picks of an unknown slot but if we wanna be conservative, the last picks in next years first and second round are worth 860 points.

If we wanted both their firsts and both their seconds this year we could give them our first this year and maybe our fourth or fifth next year

I've read that future year picks are roughly equivalent to current year picks less one round. So, a 2019 1st rounder would be roughly equivalent to a 2018 2nd rounder.

They have a new general manager, I don't think he'd make it to the end of the year if he made that move for any player in this draft class.

I dont see it happening with the free agency Gettleman is having.

He's brought in starters for the Oline and there is just to much talent at pick #2 that will come in day one and start.

Barkley (still my pick), Fitz (also would love) and even Chubb would come in and start day one.

Not to mention Shurmur, and Shula probably both in his ear saying how they can get the QB they want and develop him to start the next couple of seasons.

He could trade back but I don't think any team outside of the Broncos are willing to put up the value needed to trade up so high in the draft, I mean you are talking multiple first and second round picks for any team outside of the top 10.

Trades don't necessarily correspond to the draft chart values, which are just estimates themselves. The price of the draft pick and trade is the price that the buyer is willing to pay and that the seller is willing to sell at.

And If I'm the Giants, I use that to my advantage. I tell the Bills, if you want the #2, here's what it will take. Otherwise, good luck watching as the Jets, Browns, and/or Broncos potentially drafting the guy you want.

My overarching point though was, just because the Jet's traded up, I still wouldn't rule out a large variety of other potential trade scenarios for the giants.

Do you really think a team in the right mind would mortgage that much to move up... yea I know it's happened but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Trades don't necessarily correspond to the draft chart values, which are just estimates themselves. The price of the draft pick and trade is the price that the buyer is willing to pay and that the seller is willing to sell at.

And If I'm the Giants, I use that to my advantage. I tell the Bills, if you want the #2, here's what it will take. Otherwise, good luck watching as the Jets, Browns, and/or Broncos potentially drafting the guy you want.

My overarching point though was, just because the Jet's traded up, I still wouldn't rule out a large variety of other potential trade scenarios for the giants.

The Jets should have traded with the Giants...

This all goes without saying. Im providing a baseline

I dont see it happening with the free agency Gettleman is having.

He's brought in starters for the Oline and there is just to much talent at pick #2 that will come in day one and start.

Barkley (still my pick), Fitz (also would love) and even Chubb would come in and start day one.

Not to mention Shurmur, and Shula probably both in his ear saying how they can get the QB they want and develop him to start the next couple of seasons.

He could trade back but I don't think any team outside of the Broncos are willing to put up the value needed to trade up so high in the draft, I mean you are talking multiple first and second round picks for any team outside of the top 10.

Is it fair to say... you have a chubb for Chubb? :wub:

The Jets should have traded with the Giants...

It seems to be widely known in NFL circles that both teams have an amazingly non existent relationship yet somehow they both play in the same stadium. There is some level of mistrust that regularly keeps them from operating favorably with each other. You would think they were division rivals.

It seems to be widely known in NFL circles that both teams have an amazingly non existent relationship yet somehow they both play in the same stadium. There is some level of mistrust that regularly keeps them from operating favorably with each other. You would think they were division rivals.

Because neither team wants to end up on the back page of the post as the loser in the deal...