SportsWrath

Jets trade up to #3

BlueInCanada

Jets give up their first, and two second round picks and their 2019 second round pick.

Guess that means the Giants have missed their chance to trade down.

Only team I see is the Broncos now and I can't see them giving up a kings ransom for #2.

So to move up three spots the Jets gave up three second round picks.

Don't know how worth it it is considering most of these QBs would of been sitting at #6, unless they know what the Giants and Browns are planning and their guy will be there at #3.

Mayfield?

Well there is a key difference in the two situations. We brought in one guy and they brought 2 (two) guys in.

Unless Bridgewater or McCowns contract isnt guaranteed this is 15 million invested in those 2 plus the number 3 overall pick who I cant imagine will be inactive every week. Somethings gotta give.

Well there is a key difference in the two situations. We brought in one guy and they brought 2 (two) guys in.

Unless Bridgewater or McCowns contract isnt guaranteed this is 15 million invested in those 2 plus the number 3 overall pick who I cant imagine will be inactive every week. Somethings gotta give.

Not really, they brought back their starting QB, and a QB who is coming off one of the most atrocious knee injuries in recent history for a QB and hasnt played a snap in two years.

Bridgewater might not even make the team come time for camp and from what I read they could cut him any time without having to pay out his entire contract.

Not to mention McCown suffered a broken hand last year.

They are gonna let those two fight for the starting gig, while keeping whoever they draft on the bench, I wouldnt be surprised if they end up putting Bridgewater on the pup list come week 1.

Not really, they brought back their starting QB, and a QB who is coming off one of the most atrocious knee injuries in recent history for a QB and hasnt played a snap in two years.

Bridgewater might not even make the team come time for camp and from what I read they could cut him any time without having to pay out his entire contract.

Not to mention McCown suffered a broken hand last year.

They are gonna let those two fight for the starting gig, while keeping whoever they draft on the bench, I wouldnt be surprised if they end up putting Bridgewater on the pup list come week 1.

So what youre saying is that they wont be carrying those three qbs all year.

Like I said, somethings gotta give

For some reason - I feel safer going with OL in FA. Flowers sucked dick. Robert Gallery for ex - dont even know where the dude is now. I mean - lots of others. Barkley I feel is a safer bet than Nelson - Nelson is certainly a marauding dude - but dunno, I cant see us passing on Barkley.

If anything, it's the position that's concerning...a guard at #2 is a little tough to take...but at the same time, guards are the ones who can end up with a 10-12 year career and have the longevity that RBs often don't. Admittedly, I'm in the camp that thinks many RBs of the past who have success has more to do with the offensive line they ran behind. It's why Barry Sanders is widely put above Emmitt Smith in RB rankings. Sanders had shit to run behind. The Lions had shit for options outside Sanders. Emmitt had 5 giant mofos to run behind in an offense that featured a shit ton of other weapons. You can go with the lesser talented RB so long as you have the big guys up front

This move is great for the Giants! It does 2 things. First it sets them up to have Barkley on the board for them, Second if the Browns decide to take Barkley it make the 2nd pick even more valuable if they are looking to trade since everyone knows that the Jets are going QB with that 3rd pick.