SportsWrath

Hyde To Browns - 3 Years, $15M - Barkley Now In Play At 2?

Gman329

I've been advocating for Nelson at 2, because he and Barkley are the best two players in the draft and I figured Barkley goes to the Browns......but can't imagine the Browns gave Hyde starter money to sit on the bench. I still want Nelson (yeah, I'm fixated - and stubborn!) but really couldn't quibble if we get Barkley.

Browns fans probably more pissed about this signing than the rest of you with Stewart.

Just because they signed Hyde doesn't mean they wont Draft Barkley at 1 same thing with the Tyrod at QB.

Hes not a great running back and he missed lots of games. Hes just much better than Stewart is.

That team is overpaying a LOT of marginal players right now. I wouldnt put much stock into who theyre saying good riddance to

Hes not a great running back and he missed lots of games. Hes just much better than Stewart is.

That team is overpaying a LOT of marginal players right now. I wouldnt put much stock into who theyre saying good riddance to

I don't know why they're so happy with Richard Sherman. He's slow and hasn't recovered from the Achilles. But the way they tell it, Lynch and Shanahan are Policy and Walsh and a new dynasty is all but assured.

Not for nothing but Hyde is a kajillion times better than Jonathan Stewart.

Yes but we are paying Steward a fraction of what Hyde is getting paid....2 entirely diff things. Something tells me Browns draft Mayfield No.1, we have to HAVE TO take Barkley - such playmakers only come once in a generation - and the draft is quite deep in Guards.

Yes but we are paying Steward a fraction of what Hyde is getting paid....2 entirely diff things. Something tells me Browns draft Mayfield No.1, we have to HAVE TO take Barkley - such playmakers only come once in a generation - and the draft is quite deep in Guards.

I keep hearing that Barkley only comes along "once in a generation" but I heard Fournette was once in a generation and also that Elliot was. So I guess it's pretty much "three in a generation" at least, right? I mean, if there's no other good running backs for the next eight years or so?

I don't know why they're so happy with Richard Sherman. He's slow and hasn't recovered from the Achilles.

Yeah, but he has the uncanny ability to hold on every play and not get called for it. Those skills can't be taught.

I keep hearing that Barkley only comes along "once in a generation" but I heard Fournette was once in a generation and also that Elliot was. So I guess it's pretty much "three in a generation" at least, right? I mean, if there's no other good running backs for the next eight years or so?

Theres certain guys that can come in, be an every down back, and make the entire offense better; even when the offensive line is mediocre. Barkley is one of those guys.

Theres certain guys that can come in, be an every down back, and make the entire offense better; even when the offensive line is mediocre. Barkley is one of those guys.

he didnt do that in college. More of a home run hitter than a grid it out guy. I think only a couple games over 20 carries

he didnt do that in college. More of a home run hitter than a grid it out guy. I think only a couple games over 20 carries

I think knowing his combine strength performance and his conditioning, id imagine its pretty likely he will be put in that role in the nfl. If not, Id still take a Kareem Hunt production home run hitter than Rashad Jennings or Jonathan Stewart.