SportsWrath

Giants Mock Draft 2017

mastershake

It's the greatest time of the year....NFL Draft Time (well, a week from today). Here's my mock draft for the gmen:

Scenario (TRADE!) - The Browns, rife with a large # of picks, trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks (picks 33, and 65), to trade up to #23 and select one of the remaining QBs. With the remaining picks through the 3rd rounds, the giants select:

- 2nd (33) - OG/OT Dion Dawkins, Temple - Listed as a guard prospect, but played LT at Temple, and has long enough arms to remain there. If not, can possibly swing him to RG or RT. Also, a NJ native.

- 2nd (56) - TE Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech - The Giants have not had a threat through the seem in years (Tye is sub-par), one to pull faster LBs or a Safety, open up some new dimensions/looks on offense, and create problems in the middle of the field for Defenses. If Evan Engram is available here, I'd pick him instead of Hodges, but I'm presuming he's off the board at this point.

- 3rd (65) - DT Dalvin Tomlinson, Alabama - The giants find their replacement for Hankins.

- 3rd (87) - OG Jermaine Eluemunor, Texas A&M - Another NJ native. Should be able to compete for a job on the right side.

Rest

4th - Best LB or RB available (Our supposed three LB starters are all free agents next year, but none are particularly good anyway), or get a K here

5th - Best LB or RB available, or K

6th - SS depth (Nat Behre is too injury prone to rely on)

7th - Whichever position is not chose in 4 - 6 here.

Jermaine Eleumenor... is on the 6th or 7th round radar. Wow...

I really like Dawkins. Hodges would be ok... in the 4th round if he's there, maybe 3rd, but 2nd? I think that's where we go DT if not in the first. If he is there, Demarcus Walker at 55 would be amazing.

3rd round... Perine? Jourdan Lewis? Dalvin Tomlinson would be a good get for us.

Less than a week away!

Given the Giants are looking for Manning's eventual replacement, I don't see the trade happening... on the flip side, I don't see the Giants picking a QB in the 1st as they go for BPA anyway...

Here's how I see it... Our D is solid... The focus has to be on our O. And we need an impact player... I see us snatching a stud TE in the first. Someone who will come in and start... Couple that with our starting WRs and bolstered (although untested) OL and we're cooking. Then I see us picking a guard or RT in the 2nd... LB in the 3rd.

• 1. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama or Ryan Ramcyzk*, OT, Wisconsin
  • 2. Dion Dawkins, G/OT, Temple
  • 3. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
  • 4. Davis Webb, QB, California
  • 5. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
  • 6. Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan
  • 7. Joe Williams, RB, Utah

This is a very aggressive and even dreamy mock, I know... you can call it my wish list.

Jermaine Eleumenor... is on the 6th or 7th round radar. Wow...

I really like Dawkins. Hodges would be ok... in the 4th round if he's there, maybe 3rd, but 2nd? I think that's where we go DT if not in the first. If he is there, Demarcus Walker at 55 would be amazing.

3rd round... Perine? Jourdan Lewis? Dalvin Tomlinson would be a good get for us.

Less than a week away!

NFL.com has Eleumenor at rounds 3 - 4. Hodges as well, but I think will go higher than his own round 3 - 4 projection on NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jermaine-eluemunor?id=2558257

Regarding Walker, I've watched a fair amount of FSU football. Walker puts up nice stats, but he's slow, tight hipped, and not very athletic on tape. He also doesn't quite fit the mold for a three technique DL, nor a three technique DE. He might be a five technique 3-4 DE, and I don't see him picked in the 2nd or even 3rd, despite some projections there.

Given the Giants are looking for Manning's eventual replacement, I don't see the trade happening... on the flip side, I don't see the Giants picking a QB in the 1st as they go for BPA anyway...

Here's how I see it... Our D is solid... The focus has to be on our O. And we need an impact player... I see us snatching a stud TE in the first. Someone who will come in and start... Couple that with our starting WRs and bolstered (although untested) OL and we're cooking. Then I see us picking a guard or RT in the 2nd... LB in the 3rd.

• 1. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama or Ryan Ramcyzk*, OT, Wisconsin
  • 2. Dion Dawkins, G/OT, Temple
  • 3. Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
  • 4. Davis Webb, QB, California
  • 5. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
  • 6. Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan
  • 7. Joe Williams, RB, Utah

This is a very aggressive and even dreamy mock, I know... you can call it my wish list.

You have this guy available in the 5th? He's likely going to be drafted in the 2nd.

You have this guy available in the 5th? He's likely going to be drafted in the 2nd.

Yea I will have to make adjustments as the draft nears... I think we go CB at that spot... and like you said this guy won't last into the 5th. Come to think of it, if he's there in the 3rd, I think the Giants pounce on him...

Yea I will have to make adjustments as the draft nears... I think we go CB at that spot... and like you said this guy won't last into the 5th. Come to think of it, if he's there in the 3rd, I think the Giants pounce on him...

I think you also need to adjust your draft to include DT Nazair Jones, so you get your namesake Nas onto the gmen :)

1. David Njoku TE Miami

From Cedar Grove, fits the Giants MO of raw young athletic with crazy upside, mentored by Shockey, this is the pick. OBJ, Shep, BMarsh, Njoku have fun Dallas and Philly with zero corners defending that

2. Caleb Brantley DT Florida

Pass rushing 3T? first since Coefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBW2P_8uws

3. Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

I am not sold on Perkins being the feature back and I don't think the Giants are either

4. Jeremy Cutrer CB MTSU

Long corner with good ball skills will develop behind DRC

5. Matt Milano LB BC

Athletic LB that can cover

6. Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga

Rotational DE

7. Conrad Ukropina K Stanford

Have a need here

I'd love to see a TE or LB as our first pick, but the Giants don't really do that. The O-linemen all have issues so I think we'll pass there. The QB class doesn't impress this year. That leaves DL, RB, WR, and DB as the pick.

I'm going with Taco Charlton. He's big and strong, with length like JPP,and will provide the Giants with another rotational pass rusher early.

In the 2nd,I think Taylor Moton is the pick. He can play Guard or Tackle and should at the least provide quality depth and competition on the right side of the O-line.

If he's there in the third, I think George Kittle will be the pick. He seems to be the best TE nobody is talking about and is a better blocker than most of the other guys.

In the 4th,the Giants get their power back with D'onta Foreman. He'd be a good compliment to Perkins and Vereen.

That Brantley tape is impressive. Noticed the play by play guys were calling him 6'2" but it seems he's grown an inch! For 300+ pounds though, he's pretty damn quick!

Last year the talk was Floyd was the pick if available.

Yeah that was the talk, but I guess we'll never know for sure. I honestly didn't love Floyd anyway so I'm not upset we ended up with Apple, but I can only think of one LB Reese used a high pick on. Also, the Giants for one reason or another don't seem to really have an eye for LB talent. Again, I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I'd be (pleasantly) stunned if we went LB and we got a playmaker in that unit.

The defense really doesn't use a LB either they use 3 corners more than 3 LB's which was justification for Apple last year

Landon Collins can make up for a lot of linebacker issues. I would not be surprised if he ever loses a step and drops down to lb full time.

And those Brantley highlights are sick.