SportsWrath

Hop on! This train is rollin'!

Allstarjim

Gotta love it... the Trop sucks but the team that plays in it has a great story going... they beat the Rangers in a one game playoff to get in, then Cobb pitches 6 2/3 scoreless against the Indians in a one game playoff to advance to play the Boston Red Sox in a 5 game series.

This is going to be a great series. The Rays have a lot of momentum going, they are playing great baseball and have terrific team chemistry going. The pitching is set up nicely with Matt Moore in Game 1 in Boston, then it will be David Price vs John Lackey in Game 2. And oh by the way, the last time Moore faced the Red Sox he pitched a complete game 2 hit shut out. I love it. Come on, I know you Yankees' fans hate the Red Sux more than the Rays, and VG, even though the Rays knocked your boys out, you know it's better than rooting for Boston, pffft. Get behind the Cinderella!

I can't root for any al east team.

I'm hoping for a pirates Oakland World Series... Bud seligs worst nightmare.. Other than alex Rodriguez winning his hearing.

I know they're the worst team in the playoffs, but I'm rooting for Pittsburgh

I follow the ABD philosophy. "anybody but dodgers"

Fringe, you know the Rays wouldn't be in this spot without Myers. Yasiel Puig was this amazing story this year and everyone talked about how great a player he is and rightfully so. But if you offered me Puig for Myers straight up I'm not sure I take that deal. Myers is such an immense talent.

As for the error, though, it was awful, he must have had just a brain cramp at that moment to not catch that ball. However, it was not why the Rays lost the game. Moore couldn't get anyone out after that, and before that, the Sox were hitting him hard, just hitting it right at people. Whether or not he makes that catch, the Sox would've lit up Moore that day.

Fringe, you know the Rays wouldn't be in this spot without Myers. Yasiel Puig was this amazing story this year and everyone talked about how great a player he is and rightfully so. But if you offered me Puig for Myers straight up I'm not sure I take that deal. Myers is such an immense talent.

As for the error, though, it was awful, he must have had just a brain cramp at that moment to not catch that ball. However, it was not why the Rays lost the game. Moore couldn't get anyone out after that, and before that, the Sox were hitting him hard, just hitting it right at people. Whether or not he makes that catch, the Sox would've lit up Moore that day.

I needed a Brooks Conrad character to make the analogy and he was closest.

Well that sucks.

theyre both nice, young players..but I think Puig is the better player right now..Puig is a 5 tool player, Myers isnt.

That said, Myers might wind up having the longer, better career.

How is Myers not a 5-tool player? The only thing I can see you dinging him on is speed, he doesn't steal a lot of bases, but he has the speed where he probably could steal 20 a season.

Still got Wil Myers for, in my opinion...a number 3 starter who has a fancy nickname.

Eh, I take that back. Shield's isn't a number 1...but a damn good 2. I'd still pull that trade, especially since the Rays waited for Super two status to get another year out of him.

Oh and LOL at the Braves. What a fucking joke of a team.

youre taking about myers, right? have to be, puig is opsing over 1000 this post season.

yea i know. i don't like the cards and i love the bucs story but i'm thinking the cards have a better chance to stop the blue slime.