SportsWrath

How Ben McAdoo is helping the Giants defense

JMFP

http://nypost.com/2014/07/29/how-ben-mcadoo-is-helping-the-giants-defense/

The fast pace the Giants are displaying on offense is serving to benefit the team’s defense, which has to keep up with the rapid-fire plays being run with much more alacrity than in the past.

Ben McAdoo’s offense has started off its team period most days with a no-huddle look, which was not a regular part of the previous offensive system. Sure, there have been growing pains adjusting to the increased speed, but as Eli Manning and his mates rush to the line, the defense has to match that speed.

“Reps against the no-huddle does help going against the guys in Philly — their offense is very, very fast — and I think the Redskins, they do the same thing too,’’ cornerback Prince Amukamara said. “That’s only preparing us for the season.’’

The defense had the better of the play during the first week of camp and Tuesday was no exception.

I'll be happy if we can go a whole game without a delay of game penalty

Glad I'm not the only one to notice our tendency to collect DOG penalties...not even counting the times we get the play off at the last possible nanosecond.

You know, if I'm a defender and the play clock is ticking down, the snap count becomes irrelevant. I'm crossing that line at the nanosecond after the play clock hits 0 regardless of what the offense is doing...it just takes away the enormous advantage an offense has...the chance to make the first move.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice our tendency to collect DOG penalties...not even counting the times we get the play off at the last possible nanosecond.

You know, if I'm a defender and the play clock is ticking down, the snap count becomes irrelevant. I'm crossing that line at the nanosecond after the play clock hits 0 regardless of what the offense is doing...it just takes away the enormous advantage an offense has...the chance to make the first move.

I'm convinced Gilbride made the offensive line issues worse because of shit like that.

Then, you've got a guy like Beatty who isn't a brick-wall type of OT......and you ask him to hold a block against a fresh defender (because the opponent also had enough time to rotate in and out guys), who jumps snap, while Eli is doing a 7 step drop, waiting for a checked-out Hakeem Nicks to get open.

I'm convinced Gilbride made the offensive line issues worse because of shit like that.

Then, you've got a guy like Beatty who isn't a brick-wall type of OT......and you ask him to hold a block against a fresh defender (because the opponent also had enough time to rotate in and out guys), who jumps snap, while Eli is doing a 7 step drop, waiting for a checked-out Hakeem Nicks to get open.

A minor and truly insignificant detail when Gilbride the Great decides to stick with the offense that nobody could figure out for over 20 years. :ermm: