SportsWrath

Giants vs Browns 2018 Preseason game day thread.

Lughead

Nice to watch a football game again, had no expectations and was rewarded. Missed Barkley's 39 yard run and I feel that was the highlight of the night. Any expectations of backup QB was crushed. If you wanted to compare a first round QB to a QB not picked in the first, tonight was your night. Davis Webb looked terrible, I thought he was playing out of position. Lauletta looked as expected, a rookie. As for the defense, looked like Spagnuolo and the 2015 lineup out there. Looking forward to next week.

Well that was disappointing all around. At least Barkley had a good run right out the gate. Cant believe how bad Web sucked. Big spotlight on him though. He was probably nervous as hell. Hopefully he can settle down next week.

First pre season game always one to make Giants fans run for the hills.

Barkley had a nice run, hope it's the norm for him.

As Tempest said, if you wanted to see the difference between a third round qb and a first overall look no further than Webb v Mayfield.

Webb was a lost little kid on the field in his second year and Mayfield looked like he's starting week one.

Lulu made a few good throws.

Gallman ran hard I have no problem with him splitting carries with Barkley.

Secondary is gonna be the Achilles heel of the team. Jenkins is on the downside of his career and our best corner is still sitting in free agency. Apple looked lost as fuck too. Hopefully it's just guys adjusting to the new system.

Rosas and Dixon have showed we gave nothing to worry about in the kicking and punting game.

I was just happy to see big blue back on the field, bring on next week.

Lots of positives and negatives to build on.

First pre season game always one to make Giants fans run for the hills.

Barkley had a nice run, hope it's the norm for him.

As Tempest said, if you wanted to see the difference between a third round qb and a first overall look no further than Webb v Mayfield.

Webb was a lost little kid on the field in his second year and Mayfield looked like he's starting week one.

Lulu made a few good throws.

Gallman ran hard I have no problem with him splitting carries with Barkley.

Secondary is gonna be the Achilles heel of the team. Jenkins is on the downside of his career and our best corner is still sitting in free agency. Apple looked lost as fuck too. Hopefully it's just guys adjusting to the new system.

Rosas and Dixon have showed we gave nothing to worry about in the kicking and punting game.

I was just happy to see big blue back on the field, bring on next week.

Lots of positives and negatives to build on.

Thanks.

Despite setting reminders and looking forward to the game, I ended up in a pointless meeting that lasted to 8 pm... by the time I made it home, the kids were acting up (one past her bedtime and the other being trouble as usual)... couldn't really watch much... probably missed the entire first half..

I will say this about Webb though.

The kid has an arm on him, I just don't think he knows how to use it in the pros yet he's overthrown people like he's trying to beat Eli at a game of it.

Once he can reel that thing in and learn to apply some touch, he might develop into a decent passer, unless last night is gonna be the normal thing we see out of him then goodbye MacAttacks prodigy QB.

Plus he stands in the pocket and takes a hit like a fucking champ.

Running for that first down marker near the goal line the way Webb did is something you will never see from Eli.

Yeah the kid can move, which is why you can tell he was a McAddoddles pick.

Webb was meant for a west coast type offence like McAddo seen in Rodgers.

Flip the switch and Shurmur drafts a guy like LuLu who is a spitting image of Eli 2.0.

Running for that first down marker near the goal line the way Webb did is something you will never see from Eli.

Yeah Eli will not do that anymore, or sail 6 straight passes over his receivers, etc.