SportsWrath

Windy City Wonderland summary

boohyah

I should take solace in yesterday's win, after all we are in Chicago against a relatively strong D and we came from behind. It should be inspiring, The defense played well in general, guys like Michael Johnson and Kawika Mitchell played strong games, I like what Kevin Dockery is doing out there, even Butler is improving. Our defensive line did all they could, they kept giving the offense chances to win. Amazing to think that since Kiwi has got hurt you think we'd lose a little and suddenly up steps Fred Robbins. All this and Grossman was actually playing decent and Peterson at times was looking like the other Peterson. But the defense got the job done today.

For all the shit that special teams have gotten in the past, they are a different animal right now. Feagles did exactly what he needed to do. Hester was a non factor and our special teams coverage was very good. What a great tackle by Chase Blackburn, a guy who I have my doubts about, but the guy plays hard when he plays. Too bad that the unit has to be soured by the fact that Tynes has to act like a fucking crybaby. 2 kicks out of bounds is ridiculous and watching him coming to the sidelines whining to Coughlin about the wind and Hester was nuts for a guy walking on eggshells as it is. Seriously, If Coughlin shitcanned his ass this week, I'd applaud.

Coaching and offense go hand in hand this week. I like that even though he fumbled that the coaches kept giving Ward the ball because he was still making hay. But some of the situations they are giving the running backs the ball are questionable. Do you think that many teams will plan a defensive strategy against us in the future, that when we are 2nd/3rd and long, defend the draw play!!. You see, the way I look at it, you have guys who are supposed to do a certain job, throw the ball, catch the ball, run with the ball, block. If you have guys who have a job to do and they can't do it, you don't change the job type, you change the personnel. If Eli needs a wake up call, then you put Anthony Wright (puke) in for a series. If Shockey won't make the effort to break up the clear "pass to Urlacher", then bench his ass. If Plax can't run properly, then may be he shouldn

t be out there on every snap. But this coaching staff changes the plays and those plays led us to be still down 16-7 when we should have been leading going into the 4th quarter with all the possession. I was looking for Eli to hopefully give everyone who criticized him this week the middle finger, but he didn't, and frankly he was a Toomer awesome catch away from getting fucked again this week.But dumbing down the playcalling to cover for him is something that shouldn't happen.

I guess it's something to win when you don't play at your best, hopefully we'll step it up next week because Philly are there for the taking, they can't get it done with either Feeley or McNabb right now, and if it wasn't for Westbrook they'd suck altogether. Big safety and linebacker play needed next week.

I should take solace in yesterday's win, after all we are in Chicago against a relatively strong D and we came from behind. It should be inspiring, The defense played well in general, guys like Michael Johnson and Kawika Mitchell played strong games, I like what Kevin Dockery is doing out there, even Butler is improving. Our defensive line did all they could, they kept giving the offense chances to win. Amazing to think that since Kiwi has got hurt you think we'd lose a little and suddenly up steps Fred Robbins. All this and Grossman was actually playing decent and Peterson at times was looking like the other Peterson. But the defense got the job done today.

For all the shit that special teams have gotten in the past, they are a different animal right now. Feagles did exactly what he needed to do. Hester was a non factor and our special teams coverage was very good. What a great tackle by Chase Blackburn, a guy who I have my doubts about, but the guy plays hard when he plays. Too bad that the unit has to be soured by the fact that Tynes has to act like a fucking crybaby. 2 kicks out of bounds is ridiculous and watching him coming to the sidelines whining to Coughlin about the wind and Hester was nuts for a guy walking on eggshells as it is. Seriously, If Coughlin shitcanned his ass this week, I'd applaud.

Coaching and offense go hand in hand this week. I like that even though he fumbled that the coaches kept giving Ward the ball because he was still making hay. But some of the situations they are giving the running backs the ball are questionable. Do you think that many teams will plan a defensive strategy against us in the future, that when we are 2nd/3rd and long, defend the draw play!!. You see, the way I look at it, you have guys who are supposed to do a certain job, throw the ball, catch the ball, run with the ball, block. If you have guys who have a job to do and they can't do it, you don't change the job type, you change the personnel. If Eli needs a wake up call, then you put Anthony Wright (puke) in for a series. If Shockey won't make the effort to break up the clear "pass to Urlacher", then bench his ass. If Plax can't run properly, then may be he shouldn

t be out there on every snap. But this coaching staff changes the plays and those plays led us to be still down 16-7 when we should have been leading going into the 4th quarter with all the possession. I was looking for Eli to hopefully give everyone who criticized him this week the middle finger, but he didn't, and frankly he was a Toomer awesome catch away from getting fucked again this week.But dumbing down the playcalling to cover for him is something that shouldn't happen.

I guess it's something to win when you don't play at your best, hopefully we'll step it up next week because Philly are there for the taking, they can't get it done with either Feeley or McNabb right now, and if it wasn't for Westbrook they'd suck altogether. Big safety and linebacker play needed next week.

That Bears game was like a magic tonic. All the doubts that were creeping in after the Vikings game, all the misgivens that were erasing memories of past Eli combacks, were suddenly swept away in an amazing 7:00 span yesterday.

I agree with your criticism of some of the playcalling, but this game proved just how important the QB position can be. For three quarters, the so-called "bust" was playing. But in the 4th quarter, a QB showed up that looked like he was worth every penny that Accorsi spent.

i mentioned putting A Wright in for a series as well- especially when Eli looked befuddled out there.

Also, those play calls around the goal line are awful. Madden said last week and I agree that all you need around the goal line is a little deception- a play action or something. we seem intent on stuffing it down their throats. droughns was this close to getting tackled for a loss on 3rd down/ the first touchdown

That Bears game was like a magic tonic. All the doubts that were creeping in after the Vikings game, all the misgivens that were erasing memories of past Eli combacks, were suddenly swept away in an amazing 7:00 span yesterday.

I agree with your criticism of some of the playcalling, but this game proved just how important the QB position can be. For three quarters, the so-called "bust" was playing. But in the 4th quarter, a QB showed up that looked like he was worth every penny that Accorsi spent.

I wouldn't say swept away Joe. Fact is he's lucky he got that time at the end of the game to do what he did and furthermore the ball to Toomer was poorly thrown, he's lucky to have gotten away with it. Honestly the defense gave him plenty of opportunity to get the job done, so at some stage he needs to do it.

i mentioned putting A Wright in for a series as well- especially when Eli looked befuddled out there.

Also, those play calls around the goal line are awful. Madden said last week and I agree that all you need around the goal line is a little deception- a play action or something. we seem intent on stuffing it down their throats. droughns was this close to getting tackled for a loss on 3rd down/ the first touchdown

Think about this, Anthony Wright is the best option at backup, how fucking scary is that?. Would it kill us in the offseason to get a decent backup?

I like how the Refs tried their hardest to fuck us again by acknowledging Chicago's challenge flag AFTER the play. I was so angry at that point.

Yeah, I was at work watching the game when that happened, and everybody was trying to say that I'm making shit up. Even Aikman acknowledged it.

Yeah, I was at work watching the game when that happened, and everybody was trying to say that I'm making shit up. Even Aikman acknowledged it.

There's absolutely no allowance for them to call a play dead in retrospect like that. I can't wait to hear the explanation for that one.

They did that to Cleveland a few years back and basically lost them the game. The fans were so pissed they pelted the refs with beer bottles... and honestly, they deserved it. HOW CAN YOU CHANGE THE RULES TO TAKE AWAY A TD OR PLAY?

That was total, TOTAL bullshit.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Shockey gave no effort in knocking down that INT.

I'm sure the coaching staff has lost a lot of confidence in Eli, but I think the runs on third down were also a factor of the bad weather. In the end it payed off. It was a game of field position just like Coughlin said it would be, and being ultra conservative kept us in the game.

Another major factor I missed.

penalties: 2 for 10 yards.

All things considered, that's fucking remarkable.

When I saw that in the Gamecentre review I had to do a double take. Good to see the Giants play with discipline for once and the INT that Shockey just let happen isn't the first time a Giant player has just let the INT happen. This is why I think Eli's leadership maybe an issue because at times it seems players don't want to play for him (the hand waving antics on the field included). During the hurry up though I have to give him credit for looking fired up and pointing out D personnel and looking much better. Toomer most definitely bailed out Eli on the TD (which could have easily gone either way) and that challenge flag fiasco had to be the biggest bullshit ever. Thank god a TD was scored anyway but by the 3rd down I was pissed that it wasn't going to happen. Hester's TD drop was awesome too.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Shockey gave no effort in knocking down that INT.

I'm sure the coaching staff has lost a lot of confidence in Eli, but I think the runs on third down were also a factor of the bad weather. In the end it payed off. It was a game of field position just like Coughlin said it would be, and being ultra conservative kept us in the game.

he had an unassisted tackle. seriously, you blame shockey for that?

It was a bit of both of their faults. Shockey made no attempt to try and catch the ball or knock it down... but what the fuck was Eli doing throwing it RIGHT TO Urlacher in the first place... after looking at Shockey the whole way?

Seriously, that's like rookie shit.

No ofcourse not. I'm saying it looks like he gave no effort to get to the ball once he saw it was off target.

Except for stretching out one hand.

Maybe he thought it was going to another receiver instead of Urlacher.

It was a bit of both of their faults. Shockey made no attempt to try and catch the ball or knock it down... but what the fuck was Eli doing throwing it RIGHT TO Urlacher in the first place... after looking at Shockey the whole way?

Seriously, that's like rookie shit.

Check the reply again, I'm nearly convinced he was watching Plax make his crossing route behind Shockey and didn't see Urlacher at all (who was baiting Eli hoping he'd throw to Shockey).

whatever, you can't expect your receivers to play defensive back. shockey made the tackle. that's all you can expect.

Why is that? Receivers bat down poorly thrown balls everyday in the nfl.

I think tree may be right, maybe it was going deeper and Shock didn't move on it because he thought the same.

this is like when collins used to throw interceptions that were tipped and people would blame the receivers. meanwhile, if he threw on target, they wouldn't be tipped. eli did throw it on target, right to urlacher. shockey didn't think of moving that way because HE HAD THE WHOLE OUTSIDE OPEN WHY WOULD HIS QB THROW INSIDE????

this is like when collins used to throw interceptions that were tipped and people would blame the receivers. meanwhile, if he threw on target, they wouldn't be tipped. eli did throw it on target, right to urlacher. shockey didn't think of moving that way because HE HAD THE WHOLE OUTSIDE OPEN WHY WOULD HIS QB THROW INSIDE????

Hmmm, because as a receiver he's supposed to make a move on the ball??

The outside wasn't open btw, Hillenmeyer was there.