SportsWrath

Is Cruz ever going to make it back?

Treehugger

Certainly, the longer it goes, the lesser the chance.

I think it's best to temper expectations and to get SS as many reps with the 1s as possible. Given the lower number of kick returns we're likely to see this year, getting Harris in the slot more often wouldn't hurt either. I think the Giants are wise to give Cruz this year yet to work at a comeback. I'd even consider the pup list to start the season. But after that, you have to reach an injury settlement, cut him, something...if it was a single injury that kept him out this long, he'd have been cut a long time ago. But because it's two separate ones...that tends to give him another shot in my opinion.

His career is pretty much over.

Some people may not have realized it when the injury happened (including Cruz) but you can't come back from a patellar tear.

They're saying it's the calf that's the issue, not the knee.

Have no reason to think otherwise at this point. Need to see him in training camp and if he is limited or not practicing then I would have serious doubts about him during the regular season.

They're saying it's the calf that's the issue, not the knee.

But wasn't the calf due to him favoring it because of the patellar tear?

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my all-time favorite Giants and I'm hoping he comes back... but the guy is 30, hasn't played in almost two years, and is coming off of arguably the worst injury an athlete can get.

But wasn't the calf due to him favoring it because of the patellar tear?

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my all-time favorite Giants and I'm hoping he comes back... but the guy is 30, hasn't played in almost two years, and is coming off of arguably the worst injury an athlete can get.

I can see him pulling a calf because he's favouring the non-injured leg, but out for over a yeart with it? Something's truly fucked up.

My post from around when he originally got hurt:

Everything I've heard from my fiancée and the other physical therapist I saw was that he would either always be a shell of his former self, or that it will be another season before he's back the way he was.

Now he's a world class athlete, so I have some hope, but I'm treating anything he gives us as a bonus.

Yeah this is just a prove me year for Cruz, I respect the guy for taken a pay cut and the Giants for allowing him a chance to see what he can still do.

Either way I don't think this is as big of a deal people make it out to be, he plays like a starter in the NFL good we get a contributing player this year and maybe longer, he cant play at all he gets cut midway through the season or put on IR and its a "Thanks for all the years" situation.

He's at OTAs but only doing light drills away from the group, and looks really tight when he's running. I'm starting to wonder if he'll make it through camp.

I think it's precautionary... I thought I read that he is 100% right now, with no issues... this would've been a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that this is the case. There is no reason for him to be balls out running and cutting right now.

I think it's precautionary... I thought I read that he is 100% right now, with no issues... this would've been a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that this is the case. There is no reason for him to be balls out running and cutting right now.

What's so precautionary about practicing if you're 100%? If he's not practicing at full speed, then he's not 100%... There's every reason to be balls out running and cutting.. because it's June and last I checked he's been out a very very long time.... either he's healthy or isn't.

What's so precautionary about practicing if you're 100%? If he's not practicing at full speed, then he's not 100%... There's every reason to be balls out running and cutting.. because it's June and last I checked he's been out a very very long time.... either he's healthy or isn't.

OTAs are powder puff camps compared to what they used to be.

I remember reading an article with what's his stupid face the head of the NFLPA talking about how he wants to change OTAs to be nothing but fully mental, no contact, no training, just game film and plan study, and I guess a majority of players are behind this idea.

If Cruz isnt practicing at "100%" isnt because he cant, it's because no one out there is.

It's a knee, Nas, and I think when a player says they are 100%, I tend to not really believe them... but it does show that they have some confidence, so that's good. We are a long way from games that matter. The reason why you take it slow is because there is going to be arthritis in that knee, and possible weakness in the joint, and most importantly, an increased chance of re-injury. So better he ramps up the activity closer to when the games start counting.

Last I heard - he is close to 100% but would prefer to go through the complete physio therapy. He plans to be going full steam from the mandatory training camps. Until keep working on the physiotherapy to ensure there is no relapse for the season

I'm not... I think they're playing the money game....

They can give him time to get back on the field and play the money game simultaneously. It's really a win-win situation. Cruz has time to get healthy and Giants protect themselves financially. Win-win-win, if you count the fact the rook is getting first team snaps this offseason.