SportsWrath

Thank you Terrance Williams.

BlueInCanada

He wasn't going out of bounds at the 40, that would require a catch and beeline to the sideline. That was the 48.

He could of gotten out around the 40-43, for some reason he cut back INTO the field.

Would of been a 56-60 yarder and everyone here was already calling for Bailey to "Boom it"

FUck I wont lie the moment Dak got it back all I seen was Witten catching it and doing his slow waddle down the field to the 20 yard line for an easy chip shot.

Yeah I did not feel good about it at all with their kicker and the protection dak was getting all game.

Looking at it again, the best he could have done would have been to get out around the 47. We got not one but two late stops to preserve the win! And even though we didn't keep the ball to run out the clock at the end, we ran the ball, got a few first downs and bled the clock way down. Neither of those things happened last year. Gotta be encouraged about that.

Exactly, DRC played that perfectly. He sat on the outside so if he tried the sidelines he's tackled. Funnelled him to the inside for the win. If I was Williams through I'd have tried the sidelines anyway. It was only option at that point.

He looked big enough to run DRC over if necessary and we were fortunate he didn't know better. Prescott didn't know much better either. Watching the Lions/Colts game right after the Giants/Cowboys you saw Stafford yelling at receivers to get out of bounds and stop fighting for yards.

Looking at it again, the best he could have done would have been to get out around the 47. We got not one but two late stops to preserve the win! And even though we didn't keep the ball to run out the clock at the end, we ran the ball, got a few first downs and bled the clock way down. Neither of those things happened last year. Gotta be encouraged about that.

Yeah, I think if he went out of bounds there, the only option for the Cowboys would have been a hail mary. Or like a 65+ yard field goal.

Exactly, DRC played that perfectly. He sat on the outside so if he tried the sidelines he's tackled. Funnelled him to the inside for the win. If I was Williams through I'd have tried the sidelines anyway. It was only option at that point.

I don't know about that. You see a flash of blue to the outside and instinct takes over to cut back in for additional yards. Yeah, you should be smarter than that at that point given the situation, but tough to overcome learned reaction.

He looked big enough to run DRC over if necessary and we were fortunate he didn't know better. Prescott didn't know much better either. Watching the Lions/Colts game right after the Giants/Cowboys you saw Stafford yelling at receivers to get out of bounds and stop fighting for yards.

Williams definitely should have tried but DRC played that perfectly and is a good tackler. I think Williams was in a no win situation there. Good D play to block out sidelines. Going to be an interesting second game when Prescott has more experience.