SportsWrath

Draft day thread, round one

BlueInCanada

Im assuming we wont ever see those three guys on the field at the same time. Regardless of what you say, the role of defensive tackle is not the same as the role of the defensive ends in a 3-4. The NT takes the double team, the ends still take the quickest route to the passer. They arent standing up tackles. They now have three guys to play different dimensions and downs of the same position.

Yep

Im assuming we wont ever see those three guys on the field at the same time. Regardless of what you say, the role of defensive tackle is not the same as the role of the defensive ends in a 3-4. The NT takes the double team, the ends still take the quickest route to the passer. They arent standing up tackles. They now have three guys to play different dimensions and downs of the same position.

Regardless of what you or I say, the role of the DE in the 3-4 is as noted above by the experts, and you're incorrect

The bottom line is they need edge rushers. Lets hope they get one because OT is significantly less imperative since the Jones pick ate up a pick. That defense is gutted.

The bottom line is they need edge rushers. Lets hope they get one because OT is significantly less imperative since the Jones pick ate up a pick. That defense is gutted.

YEP

Can't wait to see Golden get 5.5 sacks by year end and the defense be dead last in sacks.

But oh well, we got another run stopping DT.

Well if it were up to me, Allen would be my guy at 6.

I\m not saying Lawrence won't be a good player, he sounds like an athletic monster who's 330+ pounds.

But I felt like we already have his type of player on the team in Tomlinson and somewhat in Hill.

We need someone to get after the QB to make up for the shitty secondary and LB core.

I like that the Giants have draft capital but didnt jump to get Sweat like the Skins just did.

Only reason I'm watching is I'm hoping to see them jump back up into the first, but there's no one really left I feel is worth it.

Maybe Taylor?