SportsWrath

Flowers is a bust

UK-Giantsfan

i've seen enough ........ this guy is not an NFL calibre Left tackle ....and never will be.

He is a bust as a 1st round pick .

Sad to say it .....but he is probably a reasonable RT but i had hoped for much more.

He was owned again yesterday and has more flags this year than HRH The Queen

One flag was total bullshit but... he's still pretty sloppy, and shows up for at least one flag per game. Starting to remind me of The Human False Start Petitgout.

I think we should think about moving him to RT but see what he's got for the rest of the year. We're not going to the playoffs this year anyway or if we somehow sneak in, we're not doing very much once we're there.

He certainly hasn't taken the step forward one would expect in his second year. Yes, he's probably better suited to RT but as long as he's being paid LT money, they're going to jam that square peg into the round hole.

Like I said in the previous thread, I've been saying this since the day he was drafted.

You cant teach "Mean and stupid"

He could get away with it in college, but he cant in the pros.

They guy needs some serious coaching before he's anything more than what he is now, and unfortunately the beat Oline coach the Gints have had in recent memory, he got fired because Flowers didnt like him.

He certainly hasn't taken the step forward one would expect in his second year. Yes, he's probably better suited to RT but as long as he's being paid LT money, they're going to jam that square peg into the round hole.

He on a rookie deal, he's not making real LT money yet.

How is Peat doing for New Orleans by comparison? Or the guy the Bengals drafted?

i've seen enough ........ this guy is not an NFL calibre Left tackle ....and never will be.

He is a bust as a 1st round pick .

Sad to say it .....but he is probably a reasonable RT but i had hoped for much more.

He was owned again yesterday and has more flags this year than HRH The Queen

He isn't a bust as a first round pick yet. Is it time to start questioning if he will be the LT of the team in three years? Not yet. I think would have made a great RT in the NFL but we don't have a better player to play LT so we work with what we have. Flowers will continue to get better along with the rest of the offensive line.

He isn't a bust as a first round pick yet. Is it time to start questioning if he will be the LT of the team in three years? Not yet. I think would have made a great RT in the NFL but we don't have a better player to play LT so we work with what we have. Flowers will continue to get better along with the rest of the offensive line.

Well I hope They get better soon, Or else this season is going to go south real quick

Well I hope They get better soon, Or else this season is going to go south real quick

I don't see them dramatically improving this season. I see some additions in the offseason or most likely in the draft that make the difference between a top 20 line I think they are now and a top 10 line.

jury is out, but are we basing this on him getting beat by James Harrison? Because... that guy is going to the hall.

And the safety flag was not bullshit, it was an egregious hold.

I think we're basing this one his total body of work so far... I'm not saying he's a total bust but he's been underwhelming.

The safety flag wasn't total bullshit but it wasn't egregious either... Could have gone either way... The NFL wanted the Steelers to win that game and the Giants did their part to make sure that happens.

Overall I'm not upset nor surprised by the result of the game... I totally expected us to lose and lose against the Cowboys next week... it's just how the Giants do...

And if we sneak into the playoffs, then we're as dangerous as anyone.

Pugh was never intended to be a LT.

I'm not even sure why he was a first round pick.

Honestly, the Pugh pick was pretty good all things considered. Take a look at the first rounders from that year... Pugh was one of the better picks.

Honestly, the Pugh pick was pretty good all things considered. Take a look at the first rounders from that year... Pugh was one of the better picks.

Pugh was a good pick. Versatile above average lineman who can play all over the line.

Yea I can't be mad at Pugh... He's the least of our worries at the OL level... I read on nj.com that even Richburg seems to have regressed this season.

I think we're basing this one his total body of work so far... I'm not saying he's a total bust but he's been underwhelming.

The safety flag wasn't total bullshit but it wasn't egregious either... Could have gone either way... The NFL wanted the Steelers to win that game and the Giants did their part to make sure that happens.

Overall I'm not upset nor surprised by the result of the game... I totally expected us to lose and lose against the Cowboys next week... it's just how the Giants do...

And if we sneak into the playoffs, then we're as dangerous as anyone.

after watching the play again, I'm not sure it shouldn't have been illegal hands to the face, not a hold. Definitely was a penalty, no doubt about that. I'm just not sure if that would have been a safety. Are all flags in the end zone on the offense safeties? Not sure why I'm drawing a blank on that.

Flowers total body of work is a mixed bag. He gets beat sometimes, but he doesn't get beat horribly in the sense that there are rarely free rushers from his side of the field. Look back on David Diehl, his footwork wasn't as quick as Flowers, speed rushers would sometimes get completely free around Diehl's outside shoulder. That doesn't happen to Flowers. Even last year, on a bum ankle. And sometimes he completely destroys his man. A couple times he drew a hold on a play (not this week) where it was just a great block, too good to be true, so the flag came out. I can't call him a bust, because you sometimes see him ragdoll some grown ass men out there, and you just can't teach that. Technique can improve. And he as a young pick, at a position with a typical two or three year learning arc. Even after three seasons, it might not tell the tale on him.

Yea I can't be mad at Pugh... He's the least of our worries at the OL level... I read on nj.com that even Richburg seems to have regressed this season.

I also think that Richburg is having a tough year and it is something I'll try to figure out after the season is over. With offensive linemen it is not as simple to say he lost his one on one battle, especially since he is the center.