SportsWrath

Larry Fucking Donnell

Treehugger

Because you don't let guys draw a paycheck and whither on the bench. That's a failure on the part of the coaching staff, if it happens. They sat him down for a while and tried to redefine a role for him, paring down his assignments to things he does well, even if it's only a few plays. It's that or cut him outright, which could be the next step but if he's on the roster, you try to find something for him to do.

He can be a backup and play when people get hurt or are gassed. We don't cut Ryan Nassib for the same reason. The team has the best chance to produce on any given down when Adams or tye are in there instead of donnell. That's what the criteria typically is for playing time in all sports.

That play reminded me of last season.

I thought of a couple of ways that play would have worked: Manning seeing Timmons, throwing the ball higher or going elsewhere. Donnell turning around for the ball earlier. The interception is on Manning but can't help the feeling if it was any other receiver that would not have happened and it simply is wrong. That feeling comes from the disappointment I have in Larry Donnell at the TE position.