SportsWrath

Victor cruz is pissed.

Lughead

Unless you're OBJ you're not getting much as a WR. The Giants O is basically a few dumps to RB and TE and to the other WRs. Then all the rest are forces to OBJ. Other teams know this and are not respecting any of the other players and will regularly half guard them while triple teaming OBJ. Also since O is all about timing they basically jam him as much as possible to make him mad and it works.

I saw Lewis out there a lot, even though he doesn't catch with his hands or attack the ball.

We need a #3, but we need a better O-line first. These guys don't hold their blocks very well, and Eli makes them all look a lot better than they really are.

Cruz is best suited to the slot and Shephard is simply better at this point. We need a legit outside receiver....and an OL that can give Eli a half a freaking second to breathe back there! And an RB who could worry defenses wouldn't hurt, either.

After next season we will sign Odell's best friend Jarvis Landry to start opposite him with Shepard in the slot.

I would love Landry. Another guy who plays best out of the slot but I bet he could make it work outside

The receiving corps just isn't deep or diverse in talent. We've got one big play threat and a bunch of possession receivers who can't get any separation if they are jammed at the line. It leads to a lot of forces into tight one-on-one coverage. Mix in no one to work the seams and it makes it tough to extend drives...especially with a less than ideal run game and mediocre offensive line.

We need a legit outside receiver. I'm happy that, against all odds, Cruz made it back from that gruesome injury but I think it's about over for him....and he's not an outside guy, anyway......and Shephard isn't either. He'll stay in the slot. Either through free agency or the draft, there will be at least one and probably more than one new WRs in camp next summer.

The receiving corps just isn't deep or diverse in talent. We've got one big play threat and a bunch of possession receivers who can't get any separation if they are jammed at the line. It leads to a lot of forces into tight one-on-one coverage. Mix in no one to work the seams and it makes it tough to extend drives...especially with a less than ideal run game and mediocre offensive line.

This.

And then we get mad when we force feed Beckham the ball lol

The problem isn't the receivers, it is the lack of a running game. Giants can't run the ball and everyone knows so they sit back blanket the field with 5-6 DBs. McAdoo is going to have to get back to that 2 TE formation again with Newhouse as the other TE. Hasn't been able to do that with all the injuries on the offensive line. I don't get why Will Beatty hasn't been given the opportunity to be that TE.

The problem isn't the receivers, it is the lack of a running game. Giants can't run the ball and everyone knows so they sit back blanket the field with 5-6 DBs. McAdoo is going to have to get back to that 2 TE formation again with Newhouse as the other TE. Hasn't been able to do that with all the injuries on the offensive line. I don't get why Will Beatty hasn't been given the opportunity to be that TE.

the OL is the problem

the OL is the problem

Yeah that is one of the problems with the running game and it is one that they went into the season with and they will need to fix at the end of the season. I remember Jerry Reese commenting on the offensive line in May and he spoke as if the offensive line was a finished product, clearly he was wrong and now we can only hope he corrects this mistake.

Lack of a blocking Tight End is another problem for the running game as is the lack of a FB.

There's teams out there that get a lot more done with worse offensive lines and no Beckham. Seattle for instance. And it's not like Russel Wilson is scrambling and making plays on his own this year. But he does have multiple targets and guys that get open. An athletic, pass catching tight end would work wonders in this offense but the Giants have an aversion to that.

All I'm saying is that offensive line is a problem, but it's not the only problem. And it's not terrible. It's league average, no worse. Eli's pocket presence, however, has been far below average. Often all he has to do is step up in the pocket but he panics instead.