SportsWrath

Great summary of the O's woes

Treehugger

Smith opens the offense up. Alshon would be a great addition, too. I didn't know he was on the trade block, though...

There's rumors that Alshon wants to go to a "contender" team, and the Bears now he is leaving in the offseason for another team so they want to get something for him while they can.

I guess the front runners are surprisngly the Eagles as well.

The reason Smith is on the trading block is he simply is a shell of his former self and I'm surprised any team is interested in trading for him when he's more then likely released this offseason.

There's rumors that Alshon wants to go to a "contender" team, and the Bears now he is leaving in the offseason for another team so they want to get something for him while they can.

I guess the front runners are surprisngly the Eagles as well.

The reason Smith is on the trading block is he simply is a shell of his former self and I'm surprised any team is interested in trading for him when he's more then likely released this offseason.

Is he a shell of his former self or does he just have scrubs throwing to him? I don't really know, I stay far away from watching the 9ers. He's never been a premier wide receiver, but that speed and long ball potential is desirable. Jeffery would be the better player that I'd prefer, of course.

I think the Eagles probably feel they are a wide receiver away from having a dynamic offense. I tend to agree with them. Agholor is a scrub. Green-Beckham is a headcase. I don't see Josh Huff scaring anyone....all they really have is Matthrews and no one to stretch the field.

Upgrading from rashad Jennings and bobby Rainey and running out of formations other than shotgun might help, too...

Right like you said the point of the shotgun draw is to get the defender to come upfield which means you need a RB who can make that defender miss

Not a big fan of smith. He's a boom or bust straight line guy. Don't mind having a guy like that on the team but I don't want to trade for it. Jeffrey's great but always hurt. I'd rather trade a 2 for joe Thomas if that rumor'd asking price is true

Not a big fan of smith. He's a boom or bust straight line guy. Don't mind having a guy like that on the team but I don't want to trade for it. Jeffrey's great but always hurt. I'd rather trade a 2 for joe Thomas if that rumor'd asking price is true

I thought the coach came out and said Joe wasn't for sale.

Here:

In response to such thoughts, Browns coach Hue Jackson said earlier this week that the Browns “are not going to trade Joe Thomas.”

I don't even know if Torrey Smith is worth a roster spot let alone a trade.

Can we get a decent RG and RT first, then worry about another WR?

Plus, Pugh is a FA, so we have to worry about overpaying a B level Guard, or overpaying him with a franchise tag.

I don't think the Giants will overpay for Pugh, he'll be givin a fair contract.

He's one of the only building blocks on the line, need to keep someone, I'd rather let Flowers walk and keep Pugh/Richburg.

Plus, Pugh is a FA, so we have to worry about overpaying a B level Guard, or overpaying him with a franchise tag.

We have Pugh on contract next year too.

Why are we discussing WR?? I think WR is the lease of our concerns. If the OL gave Eli more than 1.5 sec he can get the ball to them. Plus if McAdoo gets the clipboard taken away from him - I think our offense could do better. Id rather offer something to the Chiefs for Jamaal Charles - wishful thinking maybe but since Spencer Ware is doing well - why not??

We seriously need OL help

I like Pugh as a jack of all type, but yeah, I wouldn't throw the bank at him since like you say he's a B level player at pretty much any spot.

I could just copy and paste at this point... what the Giants need this offseason is a TE, an NFL caliber linebacker, and a road grading (not finesse) guard.

I like Pugh as a jack of all type, but yeah, I wouldn't throw the bank at him since like you say he's a B level player at pretty much any spot.

I could just copy and paste at this point... what the Giants need this offseason is a TE, an NFL caliber linebacker, and a road grading (not finesse) guard.

And when none of those happen we will be left bitching about Reese for another year.

Yup, it was one play but I also saw Kennard make a huge play also last week. The Giants actually have good linebackers. It's real.

More to Tree's point, since Robinson has been starting over Sheppard, they have been more effective against the pass, particularly at stopping TEs. And there's also Goodson waiting in the wings.

While we're bringing up the D, I am pleasantly surprised by the decent LB play of Robinson and Kennard. Casillas seems to be hit or miss each play (he whiffs and misses a lot of tackles, from what I've seen).

Overall though, as a group, I think you have to be satisfied with the giants LBs, DTs, and even the piecemeal secondary given all of the injuries, while being disappointed in the DEs and overall pass rush in general. I'm not sure if it's the DE's fault or the scheme, but the pass rush and sacks are just not there.