12 replies to this topic

#1 BlueInCanada

BlueInCanada

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

Reports from camp is he is Eli's favorite target so far in the off season constantly being targeted and catching everything thrown his way.

Gonna be hard to get on the field with all that talent, Obj, Engram, Shepard, Barkley, but I think Cody is gonna end up surprising a lot of people if he can stay healthy. 

#2 Lughead

Lughead

2 Time Superbowl MVP

• Section MODs
  • 18,252 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

3 wr sets? I don't think it will be that hard. 2 TE set Maybe.

Will Latimer take on KR/PR duties ? That's my main question with Latimer.

#3 Nas

Nas

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

Reports from camp is he is Eli's favorite target so far in the off season constantly being targeted and catching everything thrown his way.

Gonna be hard to get on the field with all that talent, Obj, Engram, Shepard, Barkley, but I think Cody is gonna end up surprising a lot of people if he can stay healthy. 

I'm having a hard time seeing Sheppard as talent right now.. not saying he sucks... but he strikes me as mediocre. 

#4 BlueInCanada

BlueInCanada

All-Star

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

I'm having a hard time seeing Sheppard as talent right now.. not saying he sucks... but he strikes me as mediocre. 

He had one of the better rookie WR seasons, but he dropped off last year with missing games plus just how trash that team was.

I'm surprised people think he is mediocre, he's proven he's a threat on the outside by himself. 

I hope him and OBJ are the starting WRs for the next 10 years. 

#5 Herc

Herc

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,029 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

I disagree. He showed me a lot when he was the #1 option last year. Had some really nice games

#6 Vendetta

Vendetta

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

Sheperd and Engram both demonstrated that if we have a competent offensive line, and if we have a competent playcaller (Unlike Mac, who had them running two yard in/out routes nearly half the time), these two can be dangerous weapons on our team.

#7 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

You had guts, kid. Now clean them up off the pavement!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

I disagree. He showed me a lot when he was the #1 option last year. Had some really nice games

I concur, that 200+ yard game shows what he can do and he was the only WR last year.  If OBJ, Sheppard, Barkley and Engram can stay healthy it's going to be a highlight reel season.

#8 Nas

Nas

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

He had one of the better rookie WR seasons, but he dropped off last year with missing games plus just how trash that team was.

I'm surprised people think he is mediocre, he's proven he's a threat on the outside by himself. 

I hope him and OBJ are the starting WRs for the next 10 years. 

Sheperd and Engram both demonstrated that if we have a competent offensive line, and if we have a competent playcaller (Unlike Mac, who had them running two yard in/out routes nearly half the time), these two can be dangerous weapons on our team.

I guess you all are right... Last year everything and everyone looked bad. 

#9 NeMesiS

NeMesiS

Graphics Guys

• Root Admin
  • 32,335 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

I concur, that 200+ yard game shows what he can do and he was the only WR last year.  If OBJ, Sheppard, Barkley and Engram can stay healthy it's going to be a highlight reel season.

The key is the offensive line. We have to give these guys some time to show case their skills.

#10 gmenroc

gmenroc

All-Star

• Members
  • 19,649 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

It's all on the o line...no doubt. Barkley will be wasted without one that's at least servicable

#11 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

One Winged Angel

• Members
  • 18,977 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

Yeah I was of the same opinion as Nas but the last half of the season I felt that Shepard really turned it on. Might not be Cruz in his prime but he's better than average.

#12 BronxRik

BronxRik

♥ ♣ ♦ ♠

• 22,771 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

It's all on the o line...no doubt. Barkley will be wasted without one that's at least servicable

If Flowers screws this up, I'm going to personally write a stern email to the front office. 

#13 Vendetta

Vendetta

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

It will be absolute found money if Latimer turns into more than a backup and/or special teams guy this year. I'll take it. If he helps us move the ball and score, more power to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users