SportsWrath

So who's going to the Superbowl?

BlueInCanada

Agreed....if he is warn first.

Apparently (I didn't know this)...the rule actually requires a ref to warn a player if he is lining up in the neutral zone...after the play...if he does it again...its a penalty.

C. Wagon

Thats what I read, too.

I read that same thing about a 'warning' for being in the neutral zone, but I don't think that's accurate... what I think that's referring to is that *if* the player checks with the line judge - you see receivers doing this almost every snap - the line judge will signal to them whether they're lined up properly or not.

That guy was way, way over the line.... its crazy to me that, in some quarters, they're trying to blame the ref for that.

I read that same thing about a 'warning' for being in the neutral zone, but I don't think that's accurate... what I think that's referring to is that *if* the player checks with the line judge - you see receivers doing this almost every snap - the line judge will signal to them whether they're lined up properly or not.

That guy was way, way over the line.... its crazy to me that, in some quarters, they're trying to blame the ref for that.

Yeah think of the Steelers there, that one game forget who it was against.

They were lining up to try to block the game winning FG, and the guy on the edge was lined up like three times across the line.

He never got a warning.

I could see in your case there a WR being lined up so far away from the ball might not be able to judge where the LOS is, but anyone lined up on the Dline, there shouldn't be any excuse for it.