SportsWrath

Sheff is da MAN!

Not_Ldiggitty

lol How is he "DA MAN" based on that article. Do you understand that meeting was strictly a preventative measure by Cashman to try to keep Sheffield happy while the Yankees let him play out the season before deciding whether they want him around anymore? He's so stupid, he fell for it. If he's so great, why aren't they picking up the option right now? 13 mil. ain't a lot to pay for a great player.

lol How is he "DA MAN" based on that article. Do you understand that meeting was strictly a preventative measure by Cashman to try to keep Sheffield happy while the Yankees let him play out the season before deciding whether they want him around anymore? He's so stupid, he fell for it. If he's so great, why aren't they picking up the option right now? 13 mil. ain't a lot to pay for a great player.

He knows that mickeef, come on, he's a professional and has been in the league forever. He also knows that he has to work for the option to be picked up. This announcement makes him happy because it PUBLICALLY shows that the Yanks are interested in keeping him on for another year if he performs. Do you really thinking that YOU picked up on the underlying message of this announcement and he didn't.

Edited by Lilceas

I said he is Da Man because of this:

"You always want to earn whatever you get. I take a lot pride in that. He didn't have to bring me in today. I appreciate that. When I was a free agent, a lot of teams called and I really didn't answer. There was only one place, and that still remains the same. I don't want to play for nobody else but the Yankees."

He knows where the place to be is, just like Johnny Damon knows, and even though he was once removed from your suckass franchise, Roger Clemens knew too....when you want to get SERIOUS about your career and win multiple championships, you come to the Yankees. :flex:

Yep, just like Gordon, Giambi, Mussina, ARod, Brown, Pavano, Wright, Matsui, Lofton, etc., etc., etc.

Moose has been fine for us, Matsui is awesome, Lofton won the WS with us and Giambi's and A-Rod's stories are still being written, so what the hell is your point regarding them? As for the rest, we can't help it if some people crumble under the heat of the NYC spotlight while others thrive.

Moose has been fine for us, Matsui is awesome, Lofton won the WS with us and Giambi's and A-Rod's stories are still being written, so what the hell is your point regarding them? As for the rest, we can't help it if some people crumble under the heat of the NYC spotlight while others thrive.

Not Lofton bud, but who cares about him anyway....the mick is reaching for anything right now.

Not Lofton bud, but who cares about him anyway....the mick is reaching for anything right now.

Yeah, my bad....but, for some crazy reason, don't ask why, I think of David Justice when someone mentions Kenny Lofton :doh: ....in any case, Lofton's career is all but over and he was only with us for one season two years ago, so he shouldn't even be brought up in reference to what I said prior.

Nah, Sheff's da MAN!

Do me a favor, instead of constantly hanging out in Yankee threads looking for little things to comment on every day, go to the Sox section and author a well thought-out post previewing your team’s season. Let’s see if you can be the slightest bit objective and provide us with some valuable baseball-related information. While you know I love your witty jabs and commentary, I'm not quite sure you know a damn thing about baseball. So hop to it; let’s see if you know anything and allow us the opportunity to critique one of your posts in an intelligent manner.

Was anyone else listening to 660 today when a lot of the fans calling in were ripping Sheffield to shreads and wishing they had signed Vlad instead of him?

And you, aren't you a Mets fan.....get lost.

Was anyone else listening to 660 today when a lot of the fans calling in were ripping Sheffield to shreads and wishing they had signed Vlad instead of him?

Actually, in the long run, the Yankees lost out on that deal and they've regretted it. The front office will admit to that mistake itself. Guerrero is younger and an insanely good player who would have outperformed Gary Sheffield without a doubt. I'm not saying the Yankees dug themselves a hole with Sheffield but Guerrero would have been a better buy.

Do me a favor, instead of constantly hanging out in Yankee threads looking for little things to comment on every day, go to the Sox section and author a well thought-out post previewing your team’s season. Let’s see if you can be the slightest bit objective and provide us with some valuable baseball-related information. While you know I love your witty jabs and commentary, I'm not quite sure you know a damn thing about baseball. So hop to it; let’s see if you know anything and allow us the opportunity to critique one of your posts in an intelligent manner.

And you, aren't you a Mets fan.....get lost.

Best response you got to that?

Actually, in the long run, the Yankees lost out on that deal and they've regretted it. The front office will admit to that mistake itself. Guerrero is younger and an insanely good player who would have outperformed Gary Sheffield without a doubt. I'm not saying the Yankees dug themselves a hole with Sheffield but Guerrero would have been a better buy.

No kidding Vlad's better..that was the boss' decision.

Best response you got to that?

HUH? I don't mean to be rude, cause you're really not that much of an a-hole, but you're always in this section taking little shots at the Yanks. Sometimes you're more annoying than the yuppie Sox fans.

C'Mon bro, you can't be serious. I'm a Sox fan, my job is to ruffle Yankee feathers. You're supposed to go to the Sox board and take shots at us there. There's really nothing to talk about right now with my own team. When something relevent pops up, I'll talk about it there.

As for me giving a detailed analysis of where my team stands, those are kinda dorky. The old "everybody's got their opinion" thing. Trust me, though, if you stay tuned, you will come to understand that I know my shit when it comes to baseball and my team (though something tells me you already know that), and I also know more about the Yankees and watch more of their games (I don't get the Sox) at any given time than at least 90% of Yankee fans.

No kidding Vlad's better..that was the boss' decision.

HUH? I don't mean to be rude, cause you're really not that much of an a-hole, but you're always in this section taking little shots at the Yanks. Sometimes you're more annoying than the yuppie Sox fans.

Little shots? I just state the facts. If I was a Yankees fan I would post something similar. I have posted in very few threads in this section and when I do, I mean to have a debate, not to get on your nerves. To say I'm always in this section is very untrue.

I thought you knew me better then that lilceas.

If Brian $ashman was in full control, we'd have Vladimir Guerrero at RF. :(

The Tampa faction is killing this franchise and Dumb George is actually listening to them.

George should do what he does best, write checks and leave the player management to Brian $ashman.

:)

C'Mon bro, you can't be serious. I'm a Sox fan, my job is to ruffle Yankee feathers. You're supposed to go to the Sox board and take shots at us there. There's really nothing to talk about right now with my own team. When something relevent pops up, I'll talk about it there.

As for me giving a detailed analysis of where my team stands, those are kinda dorky. The old "everybody's got their opinion" thing. Trust me, though, if you stay tuned, you will come to understand that I know my shit when it comes to baseball and my team (though something tells me you already know that), and I also know more about the Yankees and watch more of their games (I don't get the Sox) at any given time than at least 90% of Yankee fans.

Dude, I love the Yankees-Sox smack talk, that's the main reason why I came to this board. I also know that you know your shit, which is why i'd like a little insight on the SOX....plus it gives me the opportunity to tear them up (something tells me you know I know my shit as well). Don't worry, I'll stay tuned all season.

Little shots? I just state the facts. If I was a Yankees fan I would post something similar. I have posted in very few threads in this section and when I do, I mean to have a debate, not to get on your nerves. To say I'm always in this section is very untrue.

I thought you knew me better then that lilceas.

I know you well.... <_<