SportsWrath

I don't even know why this has to be a "battle"...

Not_Ldiggitty

Something tells me after having Wang come up big when he was in ans Small and Chacon coming up huge when they were in, Steinbrenner will look towards call ups and small trades with players with potential. Unfortunately, the case with Small and Chacon may not be for everyone.

Something tells me after having Wang come up big when he was in ans Small and Chacon coming up huge when they were in, Steinbrenner will look towards call ups and small trades with players with potential. Unfortunately, the case with Small and Chacon may not be for everyone.

Stienbrenner doesn't control trades, call ups and signing.

From what I read in Damned Yankees, that's untrue :D

It's a little more complicated then that. It is true in the past but not the present.

This season, it's Cashman and Torre. The Tampa faction are slowly eroding, as evident by all the moves in 2005 regular seasons and 2005 offseason.

My Wang always comes up big, never Small.

Blue Jays + Orioles = Giant Disapointments ;)

This kind of does remind me of the Orioles situation last year. A lot of hype, going to compete with the Yankees and all that. Then they are going to fall apart at the end. However, at least the Jays were kind of competitive before they made all of these aquisitions.