SportsWrath

The 2009 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

i wasn't trying to make you respond. you don't bring anything to the table that would make me want to elicit any sort of reaction out of you.

you reacted to a statement i made regarding our passing game going into the 2009 season as it relates to our draft picks so far. you seemed to think this had something to do with the year 2010. clearly it does not as 2010 is not the same year as 2009 (it's the year after, fyi) so I once again again stated the issue at hand for your own benefit. it's not the same thing as repeating one's self and stating the obvious (our goal is to make the playoffs, then anything can happen in the nfl!!!! zzzz) in support of one's argument as it has already been previously said. if you would like to start another discussion about these wr's and how they might develop and how good they might be in 2010 please feel free to do so and also feel free to repeat the topic of discussion as many times as you want to those who dont seem to understand what you'd like to discuss.

i'll give you one thing, at least you didnt backpeddle on this thread like you did on the wrestling thread.

Does any of this really matter? :rolleyes:

I understand what your saying, your worried about the WR situation fro 2009. I'm trying to say there shouldn't be much worry with the WRs we drafted and the team we have around them.

I'm on one end of the argument your on the other.

Oh and the wrestling thing, I don't get the backpedaling remark I still think it's funny people take it so serious but at the same time I can still see why people do.

Now if you would excuse me, I have supper to go make. Rph any cooking tips to share?

Strengths:

Good height and bulk...Great hands and ball skills...Nice instincts and awareness...Very smooth and a good athlete...Tough, physical and real aggressive...Plays through pain...A reliable tackler...Supports the run.

Weaknesses:

Lacks great timed speed...Small hands...Hips aren't real fluid...Will struggle to turn and run with pro wideouts...Vulnerable to getting fooled...Trouble taking on and shedding blockers...Durability issues.

Strengths:

Good height and bulk...Great hands and ball skills...Nice instincts and awareness...Very smooth and a good athlete...Tough, physical and real aggressive...Plays through pain...A reliable tackler...Supports the run.

Weaknesses:

Lacks great timed speed...Small hands...Hips aren't real fluid...Will struggle to turn and run with pro wideouts...Vulnerable to getting fooled...Trouble taking on and shedding blockers...Durability issues.

Well....that's a lot rosier picture than painted by NFL Events Combine Profiles

I dunno, this draft seems different, people on here have been getting what they want this year. I know a lot of people wanted Britt, but Hicks was in a lot of discussions on here the last few weeks. I got Sintim, Bleedin got Barden, Nesta got Bomar :ph34r: . Maybe you and Tree will get your kicker.

So you think Reese has been reading the boards and taking all the "imgrate" calls to heart?

Oh, and it's bloody NICKS people, not Hicks. Starting Monday that slip-up is an unacceptable transgression.

So you think Reese has been reading the boards and taking all the "imgrate" calls to heart?

Oh, and it's bloody NICKS people, not Hicks. Starting Monday that slip-up is an unacceptable transgression.

Dammit, I even gave myself a mental note to spell it with an N, and still hit H. :doh:

I think he's incognito as 27the beast or one of the other new members.

Going out on a limb with a wild guess with our last pick

Jon Cooper C from Oklahoma

I called Boss last year but not on the board. I said to my wife I bet we take Kevin Boss 2 minutes later we did