SportsWrath

Jeter or A-Rod?

Ditto

Guest So.Cal Dub
If George decided to trade one, who would you pick?

A Rod...no question. Untill he proves himself on this team, he should go.

A Rod...no question. Untill he proves himself on this team, he should go.

Well he did win a league MVP :confused:

Anyway people would erupt if Jeter were traded, he is the captain, the presumed catalyst behind 4 WS titles and as clutch as one can be. AROD will never truly be thought of in the light Jeter is with real Yankee fans.

Guest So.Cal Dub
Well he did win a league MVP :confused:

Anyway people would erupt if Jeter were traded, he is the captain, the presumed catalyst behind 4 WS titles and as clutch as one can be. AROD will never truly be thought of in the light Jeter is with real Yankee fans.

I should have noted that as well, Jeter is the love of Yankee fans and he's the heart of the team. So that alone is a no brainer.

trade a-rod. Jeter is the face of the yankees and one of the bes clutch players in the league. I was disappointed with the a-rod trade in the first place. I felt we should've kept soriano, whos my favorite player, and waited for boone to recover. If we did this we would have won the world series last year(no doubt in my mind) both those guys are proven clutch players. Soriano can put up the same numbers as A-rod and Boone fits better into this team imo.

trade a-rod. Jeter is the face of the yankees and one of the bes clutch players in the league. I was disappointed with the a-rod trade in the first place. I felt we should've kept soriano, whos my favorite player, and waited for boone to recover. If we did this we would have won the world series last year(no doubt in my mind) both those guys are proven clutch players. Soriano can put up the same numbers as A-rod and Boone fits better into this team imo.

soriano has the most errrors since like 1998 i think it said, on ESPN it showed he had like 192 or something it was pretty high though!

soriano has the most errrors since like 1998 i think it said, on ESPN it showed he had like 192 or something it was pretty high though!

I'm not talking defensivly. He shouldn't be at second base anyway. He should be at short stop or centerfield. And he was a rookie in 2001, so that might be wrong.

Or he might have as many errors in 5 seasons as the next closest in 8 seasons? I think that's pretty impressive. :TU::rock::LMAO:

Soriano? Clutch? Ain't he the guy that struck out like 1,000 times in the playoffs a few years back?

He puts up impressive numbers, but for every homer when just start to love him again, he kicks a slow roller accross the infield that turns a routine out into a triple. He should be fine in LF for the Nats, but he only moved because he's not as stubborn as Frank Robinson, he wouldn't move for the Yanks and he wouldn't move for the Rangers.

Soriano? Clutch? Ain't he the guy that struck out like 1,000 times in the playoffs a few years back?

Yea, Soriano, he's the same guy who hit a hr in the 8th of game 7 vs. arizona that would've been on the front page if mariano didn't blow it.

Yea, Soriano, he's the same guy who hit a hr in the 8th of game 7 vs. arizona that would've been on the front page if mariano didn't blow it.

Obviously, you have plesant memories of Sori, nothing wrong with that. My memories are of the selfish guy who moved gold glove second basemen out of his position, and then proved to be the worst defensive second baseman in the history of the game.

Obviously, you have plesant memories of Sori, nothing wrong with that. My memories are of the selfish guy who moved gold glove second basemen out of his position, and then proved to be the worst defensive second baseman in the history of the game.

Sori's not getting away with shit the he did under Showalter and Torre. Robi even benched him for not hustling out of he box. Good going!

BTW, Sori might be a high error guy, but he's nowhere near the worst in the history of he game. <_<

Sori's not getting away with shit the he did under Showalter and Torre. Robi even benched him for not hustling out of he box. Good going!

BTW, Sori might be a high error guy, but he's nowhere near the worst in the history of he game. <_<

Yeah, I was really surprised Buck let him get away with not hustling and all that shit, or that he didn't MAKE him play the outfield or bench him. Frank might actually turn him into a better player.

IDK, I thought I heard somewhere his fielding percentage was the worst in like 50 years or something.

Yeah, I was really surprised Buck let him get away with not hustling and all that shit, or that he didn't MAKE him play the outfield or bench him. Frank might actually turn him into a better player.

IDK, I thought I heard somewhere his fielding percentage was the worst in like 50 years or something.

I agree with your first part, Buck AND Torre let him get away with murder.

To me, though, fielding percentage could be overrated. I remember a Bill Russell who took a beating from the press for all the errors he made. Yet, he was considered by many to be one of the best in the game at SS at that time. I won't mention any names, but he played beside a guy that wouldn't try for a ball if his family's well being depended on it.

I agree with your first part, Buck AND Torre let him get away with murder.

To me, though, fielding percentage could be overrated. I remember a Bill Russell who took a beating from the press for all the errors he made. Yet, he was considered by many to be one of the best in the game at SS at that time. I won't mention any names, but he played beside a guy that wouldn't try for a ball if his family's well being depended on it.

Cey? Honestly, I don't know much about the Dodgers of that time. But Sori was averaging like 20+ errors a season with us, and I think think of 1 or 2 games off the top of my head where 1 of his errors directly cost us the game. Young has turned out to be a GG SS and Tex is a GG 1B, so he really was the weak link in that infield. But thats all in the past, hopefully Kinsler turns into a great player on both sides, like I think he will.

Cey? Honestly, I don't know much about the Dodgers of that time. But Sori was averaging like 20+ errors a season with us, and I think think of 1 or 2 games off the top of my head where 1 of his errors directly cost us the game. Young has turned out to be a GG SS and Tex is a GG 1B, so he really was the weak link in that infield. But thats all in the past, hopefully Kinsler turns into a great player on both sides, like I think he will.

No, it wasn't Cey. It was the other guy. For fear of sounding like a racist, I won't mention his name.

I should have noted that as well, Jeter is the love of Yankee fans and he's the heart of the team. So that alone is a no brainer.

dont classify all yankees fans like that. I HATE DEREK JETER!! he is a showoffy prettyboy and people love him because he is "eye candy".

i cannot stand all the shallow fans who think he drove them to 4 WS wins. i am so tired. jeter never won and never will win an MVP. jeter also never won a gold glove because a-rod won them at short stop. arod hit 48 homers last year and has 2 mvps, one with the rangers. jeter has wat the 200 hits a year thing. i mean yea that shows consistnecy, but not mvp calibur. i remeber wen the yanks got arod, all the fans started comparing him to babe ruth, as the greatest player of all time. now those same fans jump on him every time arod makes an out.

if jeter grounds into a double play with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth to end a game, its like "o thats ok jeter, all ur gay lovers will still give u a bath after the game". if arod did that, he is malled by media and fans with the whole" hes not a yankee thing because he doesnt get an rbi or hr every time he comes to bat."

it is so bias against arod in a situation like that. i thought everybody said arod "earned his pinstripes" when he hit 3 hr and 10 rbis off of colon last season. who ever made the definition of a yankee anyway? is it all being clutch? aaron boone beat the red sox with the walk off shot in the ALCS Game 7 in 2003, is he a yankee? bucky dent never did anything cept beat the sox in the one game playoff in 1978, is he a yankee? dave winfield won batting titles and consistently had great seasons, is he a yankee? arod always has huge seasons, but he is never held to the same standards as other players.

as a yankee fan and anti-jeter, i do not understand how people judge players as harshly as they do arod. he is on your team root for him. like the gianmts fan root for bonds even through all of the steriod allegations, yankee fans should still be supporting arod through everything, even if he hasnt been as consistent as he is supposed to be. thats all i got to say

Torn084 out

Edited by Torn084

it depends who ur tradin for if ur trading for a thrid basemen trade a-rod if ur gonna get a shortstop trade jeter. personally i wouldnt even let the thought of trading jeter or arod cross my mind. they are both two elite players in baseball. they are a perfect combo. jeter gets base hits and comes up in the clutch while a-rod hits home runs and drives people in. :TU:

Obviously, Yankee Stadium would Riot if Jeter were traded for ANYONE. A-Rod could be traded, Georgie Boy would take a lot of heat being A-Rod is the best player in the league, but if it were Pujols or something fans would think they got the upper deal. Jeter, if he were traded for the PoHole I know a lot of guys who would boycott going to their games.

Obviously, Yankee Stadium would Riot if Jeter were traded for ANYONE. A-Rod could be traded, Georgie Boy would take a lot of heat being A-Rod is the best player in the league, but if it were Pujols or something fans would think they got the upper deal. Jeter, if he were traded for the PoHole I know a lot of guys who would boycott going to their games.

If jeter got traded everyone would boycott there games, but if arod got traded wed have a curse on our hands!