SportsWrath

Great game on right now

Allstarjim

I have it on AFN over here across the pond. It's 11:15 herer right now and it's only the 4th inning, but I'm staying up and watching this one for the duration. Watching Pelf, it just looks like the light bulb flipped on for him. He's trusting his fastball, showing good control, but the biggest aspect of his game is his ability to throw the secondary pitches effectively. Pelf just got burned by his middle infield twice in this inning. Reyes and Cora getting gloves on little bloops and dropping the ball. Both were ruled hits but both should've been catches. It's a shame for Pelfrey, he's pitched very well thus far.

With a win tonight, though, hopefully the Mets can start exercising the demons that have plagued them with this team for the last few years. On the other hand, I still predict Maine will be out of the rotation by the end of July for one reason or another.

I have it on AFN over here across the pond. It's 11:15 herer right now and it's only the 4th inning, but I'm staying up and watching this one for the duration. Watching Pelf, it just looks like the light bulb flipped on for him. He's trusting his fastball, showing good control, but the biggest aspect of his game is his ability to throw the secondary pitches effectively. Pelf just got burned by his middle infield twice in this inning. Reyes and Cora getting gloves on little bloops and dropping the ball. Both were ruled hits but both should've been catches. It's a shame for Pelfrey, he's pitched very well thus far.

With a win tonight, though, hopefully the Mets can start exercising the demons that have plagued them with this team for the last few years. On the other hand, I still predict Maine will be out of the rotation by the end of July for one reason or another.

It was a game. Reyes should have had that ball, Cora's ball was a little different...over the back catches are always difficult.

It was a game. Reyes should have had that ball, Cora's ball was a little different...over the back catches are always difficult.

They both hit the glove, though. Cora's was a little tougher, but major leaguers should catch it if it hits the glove. Pelf got knocked around in that inning, but if those two balls are caught Pelfrey probably puts up another zero in that frame. Too bad for him, he's pitched so well, and the box score is not going to be kind to him tomorrow.

Oh well, we have Santana against Moyer tomorrow night. If we don't win that one I'll be pissed.

I went down to the game yesterday, even though the score didn't show it I thought Pelfrey still pitched pretty well. Mets still look pretty good though, should be a fun season. I'll tell ya though, Halladay is just a pleasure to watch, that guy is sick.

I went down to the game yesterday, even though the score didn't show it I thought Pelfrey still pitched pretty well. Mets still look pretty good though, should be a fun season. I'll tell ya though, Halladay is just a pleasure to watch, that guy is sick.

giants own that scrub.tongue.gif

They definitely had his number that day. I didn't actually see that game, were the Giants just locked in or was Halladay serving up meatballs?

seems like their philosophy was to get to him early in the count. if he gets 0-2 on you, you can go grab some pine. chances are he wants to try to jump ahead with a curve or slider. that might be the best pitch to hit.

it's funny, giants have faced him 3 times and each game they've scored 5 runs off him.

seems like their philosophy was to get to him early in the count. if he gets 0-2 on you, you can go grab some pine. chances are he wants to try to jump ahead with a curve or slider. that might be the best pitch to hit.

it's funny, giants have faced him 3 times and each game they've scored 5 runs off him.

Baseball's a weird game like that. Some teams just beat pitchers no matter what. Some pitchers just beat teams no matter what...Jamie Moyer for instance, he's good for a 5 spot any time he takes the mound, but for some reason he always shuts down the Marlins.