SportsWrath

The Philadelphia Eagles...

BronxEagle

I think the Eagles will get stopped by either the Rams or the Vikings. I think they are going to struggle badly to put up a lot of points against those two teams. The Wentz injury is as devastating as you can get. It only takes one major injury. Teams can get by with a big loss on defense or on the O-line, but when it's your general, then you are in big trouble. Foles is a capable backup, but he can only get them so far. Wentz really killed my fantasy football chances too.

Rams? Nah. Panthers are scarier than the Rams, but we already beat both those teams this year (beat the Rams with Foles).

Rams? Nah. Panthers are scarier than the Rams, but we already beat both those teams this year (beat the Rams with Foles).

I know it's a long shot but if the Seahawks can sneak in and grab the 6th seed they would probably face the Rams. If they would pull an upset there we would face them in Philly in the second round. I think we could beat them at home with Foles and a strong D that has seen their antics already in Seattle.

I know it's a long shot but if the Seahawks can sneak in and grab the 6th seed they would probably face the Rams. If they would pull an upset there we would face them in Philly in the second round. I think we could beat them at home with Foles and a strong D that has seen their antics already in Seattle.

Schwartz is dialing in our D. Looks like Sid Jones is ready to make his debut.

Schwartz is dialing in our D. Looks like Sid Jones is ready to make his debut.

Wouldn't want to see Jones in a game this year although a test drive against Dallas would have some appeal. He needs a full training camp to understand the speed of the NFL as well as the physical aspect of tackling. If he plays in the playoffs its almost tipping their hand, he might be able to play man one on one, but that means they aren't in zone and are setting up to defend he pass. Instead I would threaten green Goblin with a baseball bat to the knee cap if he bites on another stop and go, just something to get his attention.

Wouldn't want to see Jones in a game this year although a test drive against Dallas would have some appeal. He needs a full training camp to understand the speed of the NFL as well as the physical aspect of tackling. If he plays in the playoffs its almost tipping their hand, he might be able to play man one on one, but that means they aren't in zone and are setting up to defend he pass. Instead I would threaten green Goblin with a baseball bat to the knee cap if he bites on another stop and go, just something to get his attention.

I believe the test drive against Dallas is the plan OEF. We'll probably see some other guys getting reps too. Not sure if you saw the presser or not, but Schwarts is on top of it.

I believe the test drive against Dallas is the plan OEF. We'll probably see some other guys getting reps too. Not sure if you saw the presser or not, but Schwarts is on top of it.

Did you catch Howie Long's kid Cris playin' def end in the raiders game? I hope that wasn't an apparition and we have something there.

• 3 weeks later...

Eagles deserved their win last night .......... they will need to find a way to score more points though if they face NO

Who would you guys rather play in the NFC Championship game ?

I'd assume the Saints, their defense is cheese and if they can get pressure in Brees then it's game over.

The Vikings have a more well rounded team, and their defense is top of the NFL.

Even though Vikings have a great D I favor a match-up with them. N.O. has a better O and more playoff experience. We can't expect to score many points so we need to keep the opponents score low. I prefer facing Keenum and an average run game than Brees and his effective running tandem.

Everyone keeps telling me to bet the house on the money line for whoever plays the Eagles first. I don't know why they tell me that as I don't bet the sports book, and I have no idea what they're talking about.

Guess I'm glad I kept my money. Fucking Eagles.

Even though Vikings have a great D I favor a match-up with them. N.O. has a better O and more playoff experience. We can't expect to score many points so we need to keep the opponents score low. I prefer facing Keenum and an average run game than Brees and his effective running tandem.

Agreed.

Keenum had a QBR of 5.1 when pressured by NO. For Nov and Dec he was pressured on 40% of passing plays ,given injuries and line shuffling over the last two months. Also an indication they ran a lot on 1st and 2nd and passed on 3rd. The Eagles led the league in QB pressures over the year. They have to shut down the run game which should be a little easier than against Atlanta who has a better RB tandem.

Keenum had a QBR of 5.1 when pressured by NO. For Nov and Dec he was pressured on 40% of passing plays ,given injuries and line shuffling over the last two months. Also an indication they ran a lot on 1st and 2nd and passed on 3rd. The Eagles led the league in QB pressures over the year. They have to shut down the run game which should be a little easier than against Atlanta who has a better RB tandem.

I took a look at their home vs road record too yesterday and I'm going with the same recipe for this game as Atlanta. If offense can score 2 TD's I think we can pull it off.

Anybody else watching this shit? Foles is the streakiest motherfucker ever.

Foles is getting back in his 2013 groove (when he was a pro bowler) and I don't see a problem with beating Bellicheats scrubs. I love this team!

If you guys new a quarter of what you think you know about the game you would see the talent across the board in Philly.

Foles is getting back in his 2013 groove (when he was a pro bowler) and I don't see a problem with beating Bellicheats scrubs. I love this team!

If you guys new a quarter of what you think you know about the game you would see the talent across the board in Philly.

Nobody is giving us respect and I love it. We play pretty good with that chip on our shoulder. :rock:

Man, you guys are fired up, and I don't blame you a bit.

Personally, I got a lot of shit here for not shitting on the Eagles enough, so I'm probably not who you want to accuse of underestimating them. Good team, and I thought they were good from the start too. This good? With Wentz, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

If I'm being honest with myself, i like their chances against New England. I think they match up well.

Foles is less than average so long as you can get him out of his footwork, but let him set his feet and get comfortable and look out, he will drop it on a dime. I don't think the New England d is up to the task.

Man, you guys are fired up, and I don't blame you a bit.

Personally, I got a lot of shit here for not shitting on the Eagles enough, so I'm probably not who you want to accuse of underestimating them. Good team, and I thought they were good from the start too. This good? With Wentz, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

If I'm being honest with myself, i like their chances against New England. I think they match up well.

Foles is less than average so long as you can get him out of his footwork, but let him set his feet and get comfortable and look out, he will drop it on a dime. I don't think the New England d is up to the task.

I like our chances with this D. The GOAT can't make big plays on his back.