SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/jacob-degrom-mets-agree-to-five-year-contract-extension/305689758

Mets get deGrom a 5 year $137 million extension! There is a team option for a 6th year. As commanding a performance he put in last year at 30 years old I think securing him for 5 years is perfect, I was afraid they were looking at a 7 year deal where is is a shadow of him self at the end.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/jacob-degrom-mets-agree-to-five-year-contract-extension/305689758

Mets get deGrom a 5 year $137 million extension! There is a team option for a 6th year. As commanding a performance he put in last year at 30 years old I think securing him for 5 years is perfect, I was afraid they were looking at a 7 year deal where is is a shadow of him self at the end.

Like my team, if he can pitch a complete game shutout each time and hit a home run, he will do well.

Degrom is the best pitcher in baseball right now...he has been pedro 98-99 good for the past year plus. Dominating lineups regularly

He is even getting some run support this year...

Wheeler has been pretty disappointing so far this year considering how great he looked at the end of last season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They dont need messpedes.

They need to fire their awful manager.

Hire shkwalter..he has plenty of experience, managed in nyc, has managed a championship team in the national league(diamondbacks).

Also the orioles went to the alcs with a pitching staff of guys that were selling popcorn in the stands a year earlier.

Fire callaway, hire showalter and watch the winning start happening

Davis

Cano

Alonso

Conforto

Nimmo

Ahmed

Dominic smith

Frazier

Pircher

Degrom

Matz

Syndegaard

Wheeler

Lugo/gsellman/vargas

My feeling is Manager is +/- 5 games. Bochy's one of the best in baseball. Can't put a dress on a hog. But it's NY so someone got to be the scape hog.

+5 in that division would be huge.

Theres too much talent on that roster to be this bad.

If hes as bad as what you say, it could be as much as +10 if hes trending to the negative.

hes awful fringe. Bochy would have them in fjrdt by 5 games right now.

Honestly, hes worse than mike soscia was.

Hes the worst manager in baseball.

And i know you hate the yankees, and he makes some head scratching decisions once in a while, but man what a job Aaron Boone has done with the aaa yankees tbis year.

Has to be the early front runner for moy..or whoever manages the twins. But the yankees had their entire starting teama and staff ace(though german looks like he might be bettwr than severino) on the dl at the same time exceot for torres, who is becoming one of the best players in the gane..at only 22

hes awful fringe. Bochy would have them in fjrdt by 5 games right now.

Honestly, hes worse than mike soscia was.

Hes the worst manager in baseball.

And i know you hate the yankees, and he makes some head scratching decisions once in a while, but man what a job Aaron Boone has done with the aaa yankees tbis year.

Has to be the early front runner for moy..or whoever manages the twins. But the yankees had their entire starting teama and staff ace(though german looks like he might be bettwr than severino) on the dl at the same time exceot for torres, who is becoming one of the best players in the gane..at only 22

Torres , with one swing, ruined Giants plans to bring in the fences. Turned out they just need guys who could hit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe .500 baseball is too much to ask for, the fucking bullpen is a fucking shitshow... they cannot go into a place like Philly and get a couple wins because every swing of the bat in that place can end up over the wall. Shit, I could probably send one into the left field seats...