SportsWrath

Lavar Arrington Visits The New York Giants Today

Martin

Giants | Team to visit with Arrington again

Thu, 20 Apr 2006 05:47:06 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) will have a second visit with the New York Giants Thursday, April 20. The team is back in the Arrington chase, and this time it appears Arrington may be serious about striking a deal. Arrington has even agreed to undergo a physical, something he declined to do when he first visited the Giants March 11-12. That's an important concession for Arrington because of league-wide concerns about the health of his surgically repaired right knee. According to Kyle Harden, an associate to Arrington's agents, Arrington intends to sign with someone before the April 29 NFL Draft - possibly even in the next few days. Harden said the Giants are the only team Arrington is planning to visit before the draft. Yesterday, Harden did not give any indication that Arrington's asking price will go down. "The team that gets LaVar is getting a three-time Pro Bowler," he said. "LaVar is looking for a fair-market deal." If Arrington passes the physical, a Giants source said they would be willing to re-open negotiations if his price is reasonable.

I think arrington and his agent are sweating now!

All those good LB's in the draft are making them think.

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) will have a second visit with the New York Giants Thursday, April 20. The team is back in the Arrington chase, and this time it appears Arrington may be serious about striking a deal. Arrington has even agreed to undergo a physical, something he declined to do when he first visited the Giants March 11-12. That's an important concession for Arrington because of league-wide concerns about the health of his surgically repaired right knee. According to Kyle Harden, an associate to Arrington's agents, Arrington intends to sign with someone before the April 29 NFL Draft - possibly even in the next few days. Harden said the Giants are the only team Arrington is planning to visit before the draft. Yesterday, Harden did not give any indication that Arrington's asking price will go down. "The team that gets LaVar is getting a three-time Pro Bowler," he said. "LaVar is looking for a fair-market deal." If Arrington passes the physical, a Giants source said they would be willing to re-open negotiations if his price is reasonable.

:rock: I was about to post this :rock:

I feel queasy..............

you might be chucking soon dye!!

Arrington really wants to play for the Giants without question.

I wont be that happy with this. The guys injury report is as

long as war and peace. Even if he drops his price this will

be very expensive.

Guest Nutty Sack
you might be chucking soon dye!!

Arrington really wants to play for the Giants without question.

I wont be that happy with this. The guys injury report is as

long as war and peace. Even if he drops his price this will

be very expensive.

I don't like it from the stand point that it will probably change our draft direction and thinking. There's going to be good talent at the LB position available to us. Why this ??

good post

smoke and mirrors...

Yes! remember when warran sapp played the giants like and old violin !!

what bothers me is this is very similar to what happened with Plax Burress

almost identical. The Giants took him off the radar and then second meeting

turned into a deal within 48 hrs.

Yes! remember when warran sapp played the giants like and old violin !!

what bothers me is this is very similar to what happened with Plax Burress

almost identical. The Giants took him off the radar and then second meeting

turned into a deal within 48 hrs.

well lets hope the same happens here....

Guest Carbo
well lets hope the same happens here....
Let's hope not! The Burress move has been a disaster for the Giants. Throw another "me-first" head case into the mix, and the Giants get what they deserve. EA will hit rock bottom with this move if it goes through.

Let's hope not! The Burress move has been a disaster for the Giants. Throw another "me-first" head case into the mix, and the Giants get what they deserve. EA will hit rock bottom with this move if it goes through.

yeah you know because Plaxico did'nt have a godd year for us or anything.

Plaxico Burress 16 76 1214 16.0 75.9 7

Yeah what a disasterous first season he had with us with a Young QB throwing to him.

You just have to believe that it's going to come down to price. That's what it's been about since his first meeting and even reading between the lines with this new snippet, it's still the overriding issue.

If his price comes down, we'll sign him. If his price remains the same, we'll let him walk. The choice will be his.

Like I read earlier today from another post, I really don't see this affecting our draft strategy.

Emmons, Pierce, Torbor, Arrington, Short, Blackburn, and draft pick.

There is some risk with arrington .

Injury

Attitude

Price Tag

With all the talent in the draft I would not

sign him unless the price was right for the

giants not LA.

If he wants to play for the Giants than he has

take our price. The Giants are without question

in the drivers seat.

Guest Lockhart

Between his Steroids and bum knee this should be funny.

I don't mind him for the right price, but I doubt that we'll see a valuable trade off.

I don't want to overlook him, but there are other intangibles that concern me, such as does he fit in the TC mold?

As for his injuries, well that's life and he's not debilitated. I still doubt that we'll get him because he's too much for too little and teams like the Dolphins will jump at the chance to put a name player on the aging D.

Guest Carbo
yeah you know because Plaxico did'nt have a godd year for us or anything.

Plaxico Burress 16 76 1214 16.0 75.9 7

Yeah what a disasterous first season he had with us with a Young QB throwing to him.

I've always said that statistics are for losers, and here is a classic example. If you are trying to make the argument that Plexiglass was good for the team last year, please continue to try. He's known as TO Lite around these parts for a reason. He possesses all the attitude of Terrell Owens, but without the talent. Combine him with the other team cancer, Jeremy "Bling-Bling" Shockey, and these two will do more than anything to destroy whatever slim hope Eli Manning has of becoming a quality QB.

Guest Lockhart

I'm sure Lavar will try to get a $54 Million deal with the Giants, then report immediately to the poolside off-season training area in South Beach - Lavar's favorite excercise is going down the pool slide.

lakewood_1_440x330.jpg

(The Slide at "Shockey Spa" workout center!)

I thought the Fab 4 said Arrington was out of the Giants' picture?

How do you explain this one morons?

I promise to man up and bow to EA’s business prowess and admit I was wrong. Who would have thought that, that mastermind EA would get LA for 1/3 his asking price.

Please accept my apologies….