SportsWrath

What do you think about Ed Oliver?

Sephiroth

I've watched some film on him... some people have him going before Quinnen Williams. He definitely makes some plays but he also seems to get pushed back or stalemated by bigger guards (which are all the NFL is).

I think he might be a nice player at 17 if we wanna take a chance on him at DE but I'll be pissed if we draft him at 6... especially if Williams is still there.

I've watched some film on him... some people have him going before Quinnen Williams. He definitely makes some plays but he also seems to get pushed back or stalemated by bigger guards (which are all the NFL is).

I think he might be a nice player at 17 if we wanna take a chance on him at DE but I'll be pissed if we draft him at 6... especially if Williams is still there.

He played out of position at NT.I think he's the pick at 6 with Devin Bush at 17 they'll have a DL with 5t-Hill NT-Tomlinson 3t-Oliver

His pro day put him inside the top 5.

Guy is as fast as a WR and as agile as a RB.

He was always the second best DT in the draft, some are saying he's more the Darnold of the draft, Williams is more of a Suh.

Well if he can throw like Darnold I say we take a shot at him as the heir apparent to Eli.

I'd be very happy with Oliver at #6.

Then likely the Giants get their QB at 17 with either Jones or Lock.

Not interested in either of those guys, but I guess if I had to take one I'd take Lock. I have absolutely zero interest in Jones and don't know where all of this love is coming from; he's shown very little on the field.

Not interested in either of those guys, but I guess if I had to take one I'd take Lock. I have absolutely zero interest in Jones and don't know where all of this love is coming from; he's shown very little on the field.

I believe all his work outs and pro days he's been one of the best performing QBs of the group.

As much as I want the Giants to go DL/LB or DL/OL with pick 6 and 17, I think they do end up taking a QB in the first.

Would be a nice surprise if they don't and wait till round 2.

I think Grier would be well with a year or two on the bench.

If Oliver lands with a team that uses him to his strengths he may be the most productive pass rusher in this class.

If he lands with a team that plays base two gap d up front, and square pegs Oliver in that role, he'll do nothing.

I think 6 is a bit early, but no chance he's still there at 17. I like him a lot though, if they say he's bpa at 6 I can get on board.

I believe all his work outs and pro days he's been one of the best performing QBs of the group.

I think you're right but honestly I don't understand this either. I don't understand the logic of drafting a guy so high who did little in college or at the Senior Bowl but looked really good throwing in shorts to uncovered receivers.

His stats were lousy, but Jones' college highlights are pretty decent, the workout numbers are very good, and he's been well coached. NFL teams will see something to work with there.

I mean honestly, that's even worse. He had an NFL style offense and good coaching and still couldn't get it done.

I mean honestly, that's even worse. He had an NFL style offense and good coaching and still couldn't get it done.

College success does not statistically translate to NFL success, even basing it off pure stats alone.

I'm not saying that means Jones will be a starter in the NFL, but looking at drafting a QB just on stats or wins alone isn't enough nor is it even a good indicator if the QB will even be a starter in the NFL.

I'm not big on Jones.... but, supposedly Duke vs. ACC competition gets him some serious degree of difficulty points.

I don't know, maybe he's awesome and was just on a comparatively shit team.

I know there is the thought of Oliver as a 4-3 3-tech at the next level. I think he has the athleticism I'd want to take a chance on as the Giants' 3-4 5-tech...Watt-like upside with his hand in the dirt there, IMO.

I would have loved to see more of a dominance playing the type of competition he was up against.

I know there is the thought of Oliver as a 4-3 3-tech at the next level. I think he has the athleticism I'd want to take a chance on as the Giants' 3-4 5-tech...Watt-like upside with his hand in the dirt there, IMO.

I think that will be his best position. Anything where he's asked to penetrate will work though.

For the Giants it would be a 4i/5t they basically use two 5t's