SportsWrath

Road to Perdition

Iceman_NYG

The fact that this is about Mike Sullivan is a totally unintended pun.

But wasnt Sullivan supposed to take over play calling in the Philly game itself? For some reason Fuckadoodledoo out of whatever ego of his decided to keep it. Again in Tampa and then again screwed the pooch against LA.

McAdoo should not be allowed near a playcalling position again - Let Sullivan do it from here on.

The OL played great - Pugh kinda totally erased Miller - Running game getting yards - this was a different team.

Why was it that McAdoo stuck with this shit till it was too late?

I said it before. McAdoo wants to keep playcalling as long as possible so that he could take credit for the turnaround (should it happen). But that said, he wanted to get rid of the playcalling at some point so that he had a scapegoat at the end of the year so that he could remain and the new playcaller could get the blame (and get fired).

The only question was, when to make the switch. McAdoo waits until the season is essentially done to make the switch because this way, there's less chance of a turnaround under the new playcaller. Ultimately, it backfired on McAdoo last night. It's an extraordinarily self-serving approach.

We'll see where this goes going forward.

I can't help but think if mcadoo made this switch a week earlier and was only focused on game management then the end of the chargers game goes differently including Beckham not getting hurt because we shouldn't have been throwing on that down. At 2-4 with Beckham healthy we still have a shot to get in

The fact that this is about Mike Sullivan is a totally unintended pun.

But wasnt Sullivan supposed to take over play calling in the Philly game itself? For some reason Fuckadoodledoo out of whatever ego of his decided to keep it. Again in Tampa and then again screwed the pooch against LA.

McAdoo should not be allowed near a playcalling position again - Let Sullivan do it from here on.

The OL played great - Pugh kinda totally erased Miller - Running game getting yards - this was a different team.

Why was it that McAdoo stuck with this shit till it was too late?

Too late indeed... having lost star players for the season... and being 0-5... I don't know if I should be happy about the win last night or mad as fuck because of how incompetent McAdoo is.

I can't help but think if mcadoo made this switch a week earlier and was only focused on game management then the end of the chargers game goes differently including Beckham not getting hurt because we shouldn't have been throwing on that down. At 2-4 with Beckham healthy we still have a shot to get in

I don't think ODB was healthy at all... They rushed him back because of the desperation... as a result we lost him.

Well with Sully making the play calls the Giants did get a victory, which is a nice change of pace for how to the team has looked so far. BUT they came into the game with a plan that the Broncos could not have expected (Between the personnel changes and new play caller) and after halftime they made some adjustments and the Giants offense really did not... all they did from there on in was not lose the game.

And even when he finally does give up the play calling, instead of saying, "it was time to try something different" or words to that effect, he comes up with the self serving bullshit, "the whole locker room needed me this week". Yeah, needed you to wise the f*ck up.

I was impressed by Brett Jones in the run game, he was making some holes. That's the kid from here in Saskatchewan.

Him and Fluker played very well on the inside. What are the chances Jones can push Jerry out when Richburg comes back?

Him and Fluker played very well on the inside. What are the chances Jones can push Jerry out when Richburg comes back?

It shouldn't even be a question but they seem committed to playing the guy they paid more money to play guard. I'm hopeful though because if they can admit Pugh is a better tackle than Hart...

So last night during the game I heard Collinsworthless said McAdoo said he handed over the play calling to Sullivan because he felt the whole team needed his attention... What a Dick.

yeah i caught that too- a) sanctimonious and b) isn't that what a HEAD coach is supposed to do?

So last night during the game I heard Collinsworthless said McAdoo said he handed over the play calling to Sullivan because he felt the whole team needed his attention... What a Dick.

Yea... lack of humility. I'm not sure he will be here for long...

I don't know. I'm sure John Mara is drawing up a contract extension right now after last night

Eh, if anything last night showed, McAdoo was the problem. I get he's young but he's old enough to understand his place and give credit to people around him... he doesn't show that. He's too full of himself.

Eh, if anything last night showed, McAdoo was the problem. I get he's young but he's old enough to understand his place and give credit to people around him... he doesn't show that. He's too full of himself.

Yeah I mean, even when he finally relinquished playcalling duties, it was because the locker room "needed his attention," and not because his offense was fundamentally broken. I'm sure he had plenty of say in the gameplan so I do give him credit...but Sullivan showed that even without 90% of the team's offense that he could still move the ball...against a premier defense, no less.

So the core issue is McAdoo not bothering about taking responsibility for anything but only wants all the credit and none of the blame. This guy is not a personality fit with the Giants - God i miss TC.

You spend the money we spent on Defense with TC here instead of right after - we have another ring IMHO

So the core issue is McAdoo not bothering about taking responsibility for anything but only wants all the credit and none of the blame. This guy is not a personality fit with the Giants - God i miss TC.

You spend the money we spent on Defense with TC here instead of right after - we have another ring IMHO

Damn right.....or at least making a strong January run. TC knew how to get the most out of his roster - and then some. BM is simply not on TC's level. Not even close.