SportsWrath

Snacks Traded!!!

Iceman_NYG

Im hearing Sterling Shepard may be next, which would truly be stupid.

not if we can get a 1st for him.

his 2nd contract will be due before the Giants are ready to compete, and I don't think the Giants can pay both Beckham and Shepard. So, lets cash him in now.

So long as its for a 1st.....

not if we can get a 1st for him.

his 2nd contract will be due before the Giants are ready to compete, and I don't think the Giants can pay both Beckham and Shepard. So, lets cash him in now.

So long as its for a 1st.....

Yeah Collins and Shepard, two guys who will probably be cap casualties because you can't sign everyone to a big contract.

Collins might be wiling to work out a deal though, even the NFL is starting to recognize he so never going to be the same player he was that Pro bowl year.

So Collins might be cheap.

Shepard is going to make $$$$ though, and it wont be with the Giants.

i feel bad because it's later round picks we'll get.

Getty seems to know what to look for in late round players, unlike JR.

Plus it's just ammunition to trade up/down in the draft.

I have a feeling Getty is going to get everyone worked up that the Giants are 100% going QB just so some team trades a butt load of picks so he can drop back and grab like two Oline man in the first round.

Getty seems to know what to look for in late round players, unlike JR.

Plus it's just ammunition to trade up/down in the draft.

I have a feeling Getty is going to get everyone worked up that the Giants are 100% going QB just so some team trades a butt load of picks so he can drop back and grab like two Oline man in the first round.

i'm not sure i'd like that. what do we do for QB? and are there going to be OL's worthy of first round?

i'm not sure i'd like that. what do we do for QB? and are there going to be OL's worthy of first round?

This team isnt a two year turn around, I have a feeling people think that it is and I dont understand why. The Bears, Eagles, Jags, etc, you have to suck for a long time to end up in a situation like theirs.

If this Herbert kid doesn't declare, from what I understand the only other QB is that Grier kid who has a lot of negatives from what I read. Not to mention we are probably stuck with Eli again next year, they cant absorb his cap hit if hes cut along with guys like Jenkins/Stewart/Vernon.

Right now the NFL has a serious lack of any decent Oline talent hitting free agency, you need to draft Oline players, and I'm willing to bet wherever the Giants land in the draft there will be a few who warrant the pick there.

The idea that the Giants should continue to stay firm and bang their heads against the wall with the current crop of players from their last two disastrous seasons is far more atrocious than a 5th round pick for an aging, undersized DT who plays only 50% of defensive snaps.

More nostalgia from Giants fans. Its what got us stuck with a 38 year old quarterback who cant work the pocket or throw downfield.

How many 5th rounders have you seen around here playing 50% of the snaps.

This team isnt a two year turn around, I have a feeling people think that it is and I dont understand why. The Bears, Eagles, Jags, etc, you have to suck for a long time to end up in a situation like theirs.

If this Herbert kid doesn't declare, from what I understand the only other QB is that Grier kid who has a lot of negatives from what I read. Not to mention we are probably stuck with Eli again next year, they cant absorb his cap hit if hes cut along with guys like Jenkins/Stewart/Vernon.

Right now the NFL has a serious lack of any decent Oline talent hitting free agency, you need to draft Oline players, and I'm willing to bet wherever the Giants land in the draft there will be a few who warrant the pick there.

are you saying it's more or less than 2 year? I don't recall the Eagles sucking for that long- i think 2012 was their only bad year.

i guess it wouldn't be terrible to reach a little bit for an OL.

No one was giving up a third round pick for a one dimensional player.

Then you do something to get that 5th into a third, either some scrub or get rid of some of your later picks. But if this team is now going full rebuild, then draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds are key.

You just traded 2 starters for a 4th and 5tb. You may think they suck, thats fine. But they will start on their new teams so they are of some worth to someone. Its a poor return imo.

A lot can happen between now and draft day and I wouldnt be surprised if we dump Vernon and draft Bosa.

If all they could get for Eli Apple is a fourth & seventh round pick, why would they get a better deal for Snacks? Wasn't enough that he was the best defender on our line for three seasons, statistically the best DT not named Aaron Donald, etc.

Yeah lets pull the plug on the season get what we can for who we can trade and see what these other guys can do on the field. RJ McIntosh could be ready to start playing at some point in the near future. Not enjoying watching the team being dismantled both on and off the field.