SportsWrath

ODBs totally fucking retarded catch.

Sephiroth

Thing with Eli is, everything has to go as scripted once the ball is snapped. When he's in a groove AND everyone around him is in the same groove and they're all reading and reacting with the same brain, Eli can be flawless and make great throws. Witness the two Super Bowl runs. However, when his cage is rattled and there's some disruption - a strong pass rush, an altered route by a receiver, a different defense than he expected - anything that makes him go off script - that's when he can look very ordinary.

What worries me is his inability to get anything going for the final drive. He used to own that time.

Guess that was the trade for the fumble we got back "even though it was hard to see"

Then Eli sails one right after that and I'm thinking well, here's the turning point.

I saw someone's knee go down in that fumble scrum, I don't know if it was Williams' but there was no clear view of a fumble. Refs made the right call.

I saw someone's knee go down in that fumble scrum, I don't know if it was Williams' but there was no clear view of a fumble. Refs made the right call.

They did make the right call, I couldn't see it too good because I was in bed and watching my 24 inch TV and bad eyes. but that hit, push or whatever it was on ODB was clear as hell. But in the end, how the hell do you lose a game with the other team getting ruling on a red flag?

Pretty much defines this whole year, ridiculous in every way.

Thing with Eli is, everything has to go as scripted once the ball is snapped. When he's in a groove AND everyone around him is in the same groove and they're all reading and reacting with the same brain, Eli can be flawless and make great throws. Witness the two Super Bowl runs. However, when his cage is rattled and there's some disruption - a strong pass rush, an altered route by a receiver, a different defense than he expected - anything that makes him go off script - that's when he can look very ordinary.

Agree 100%...then he turns into a Gunslinger Type 1A Chucker out there... :D He is about to enter into the Brett Favre Zone...when Brett became a walking interception machine...

And of course, if we could run the damn ball even a little bit, that would help. 32 rushes for 89 yards last night, 2.8 per carry. That ain't gonna cut it.

That's 16 runs too many, far too many times we ran on first down for 2 yards, ran on second down for 2 yards and put ourselves in 3rd and long. And of course, that means we're passing on 3rd down. Just no consistency between halves in playcalling or execution by the offense.

Still, they put us in the position to win and the defense failed, so I can't complain too much, even if that final drive was pathetic. You throw the ball AT the first down marker on 4th and 2 with less than 45 seconds left? Even if he converted that, by the time we were going to be getting the snap off, the clock was down to 25 seconds.

That's 16 runs too many, far too many times we ran on first down for 2 yards, ran on second down for 2 yards and put ourselves in 3rd and long. And of course, that means we're passing on 3rd down. Just no consistency between halves in playcalling or execution by the offense.

Still, they put us in the position to win and the defense failed, so I can't complain too much, even if that final drive was pathetic. You throw the ball AT the first down marker on 4th and 2 with less than 45 seconds left? Even if he converted that, by the time we were going to be getting the snap off, the clock was down to 25 seconds.

People can bash GIlly all they want but the guy knew how to run the offense when they were down in the fourth.

I still say it's just the fact that McAdoodles still hasnt had any experience calling or even running offenses as a coach before this, he's never had to come up with a two minute drive to win the game yet.

McAttack will be here for a few more seasons at the very least, I can see three or four more. Mara needs ticket money and turning the team over every other season doesn't help. That and he isnt Snyder who pushes the "FUCK it lets be irrelevant for another five seasons button" at every losing season.

Just like I still believe JR/Coughlin are still on the team next season, the Giant's fire Fewell and hire someone internally for DC.

We had 40 passes, 32 runs. You wanted Eli throwing 56 times? The OL was getting overrun on pass protection and play action was less and less effective as the game went on with the 40/32 balance. Getting one dimensional - throwing 56 times - would have led to jail breaks......and MUCH greater likelihood of sacks, fumbles, INTs. I know those 2 and 3 yard slogs are tough to watch and put us in 3rd and 6+ situations but the alternative could be uglier. We just have to get better at running the ball.

We had 40 passes, 32 runs. You wanted Eli throwing 56 times? The OL was getting overrun on pass protection and play action was less and less effective as the game went on with the 40/32 balance. Getting one dimensional - throwing 56 times - would have led to jail breaks......and MUCH greater likelihood of sacks, fumbles, INTs. I know those 2 and 3 yard slogs are tough to watch and put us in 3rd and 6+ situations but the alternative could be uglier. We just have to get better at running the ball.

I think they should be doing a better job being unpredictable with how and when they are running the ball. Teams aren't fooled by run, run, pass. That's a huge part of the reason why the OL gets overrun on pass protection. You can literally predict that on 1st and 10, even in a shotgun formation, the call is going to be a run. They should be rolling the line pulling guards and changing the blocking schemes on runs, not pounding the same, stale, cookie-cutter runs that you would see in preseason constantly.

The predictability and lack of creativity in the run game are killing drives. The Giants and McAdoo didn't start off playing that way and they scored 3 drives in a row. They come out of the half with that conservative bullshit and they score 7 points the rest of the game. And McAdoo doesn't learn from the mistakes because the same exact thing happened last week against SF.

Yeah, maybe you can surprise a defense and keep them off balance for a while but everyone looks at film and there's only so many schemes you can come up with. You can talk about predictability and creativity all you want but at some point, it comes down to execution and especially on the running plays, winning the battles at point of attack. When you're losing the one on one battles, sometimes badly, the scheme and play calling matters little.

During the three game winning streak, we ran for 193 yards against Houston, 156 against Washington and 127 against Atlanta. Last three losses, we ran for 54 against Seattle, 65 against SF and 89 against Dallas. Clearly, schemes are fine against lower level defenses but not against the better ones. Translation: our OL isn't good enough.

What worries me is his inability to get anything going for the final drive. He used to own that time.

I used to tell the woman the 4th quarter is Eli time. Lately though it seems like this is not the case. Does anybody know the last game winning drive by Eli?

Also OBJ is going to get killed on an errant Eli throw circus catch.

We scored three touchdowns in the first half. There was no reason we should have needed a game-winning final drive.

This.

The staple of poor coaching is getting outplayed in the second half.

Take a look at the Giants' performance in the second half this year and what that says about the coaching.

This.

The staple of poor coaching is getting outplayed in the second half.

Take a look at the Giants' performance in the second half this year and what that says about the coaching.

Said it in the game thread not sure why they abandon what works in the 1st half

Said it in the game thread not sure why they abandon what works in the 1st half

Isn't it fucked up when us fans can see it and they can't? Yeah, the Cowboys did some adjusting.....but we played just to what they wanted, BS!

So you think our personnel is as good as the Cowboys? I don't, esp in the trenches. And btw, Eli threw 40 times for 338 yards and 3 TDs and Odell caught 10 passes (out of 11 targets) for 146 and 2TDs. How much more do you think we could have gone to that well without diminishing returns (ie - sacks, int)? You think if Eli threw to Odell 22 times we would have gained 292 yards for 4 TDs? It doesn't work that way.

Funny thing, though - when we get beat right from the gitgo, it's the coaches fault because they didn't have the team ready to play. When we play tough and lose late, it's the coaches fault for not making adjustments. What it comes down to is, if we win, coaching OK. When we lose, coaching bad.

I understand your frustration, though.

he is single handedly keeping me from being down about this season. i know some of it has to do with my low expectations for this year but still, he makes me feel good about the future despite all the problems we have

So you think our personnel is as good as the Cowboys? I don't, esp in the trenches. And btw, Eli threw 40 times for 338 yards and 3 TDs and Odell caught 10 passes (out of 11 targets) for 146 and 2TDs. How much more do you think we could have gone to that well without diminishing returns (ie - sacks, int)? You think if Eli threw to Odell 22 times we would have gained 292 yards for 4 TDs? It doesn't work that way.

Funny thing, though - when we get beat right from the gitgo, it's the coaches fault because they didn't have the team ready to play. When we play tough and lose late, it's the coaches fault for not making adjustments. What it comes down to is, if we win, coaching OK. When we lose, coaching bad.

I understand your frustration, though.

NY just doesn't finish games like they used to. Or like you say, we get too far behind them start all the turnover BS.