SportsWrath

Neither here nor there...

Sephiroth

...but at least 3 of Eli's picks were directed at guess who? Ruben Randle.

Also, it was awesome watching Randle totally pull a Plax Burress and watch the defender take the ball and run with it while old Rubes casually strolled around the field.

I've always been an Eli fan, but for a Vet QB.....he's not worth it anymore. Off the wagon on him and he needs to go ASAP before this team can move on.

One could argue he was never worth it. When you look at what we gave up to get him over Rivers or Roethlisberger...has Eli been THAT much better? Yes, we've won two superbowls with him and yes, he's been clutch at moments. But we gave up a shit ton to get him over those other two and I've never been convinced that Eli was THAT far beyond those two. In other words, I think Rivers or Roethlisberger could've won those two superbowls just as easily on the teams that Eli led.

And now, Eli's contract outweighs his performance.

He's signed through 2015 (FA is Spring 2016) and I would not at all be surprised to see the Giants extend him this offseason so Eli can retire a Giant. That said, if that does happen, it better be for a deal that is SIGNIFICANTLY more cap friendly than the one he will wrap up here after next season.

One could argue he was never worth it. When you look at what we gave up to get him over Rivers or Roethlisberger...has Eli been THAT much better? Yes, we've won two superbowls with him and yes, he's been clutch at moments. But we gave up a shit ton to get him over those other two and I've never been convinced that Eli was THAT far beyond those two. In other words, I think Rivers or Roethlisberger could've won those two superbowls just as easily on the teams that Eli led.

He's signed through 2015 (FA is Spring 2016) and I would not at all be surprised to see the Giants extend him this offseason so Eli can retire a Giant. That said, if that does happen, it better be for a deal that is SIGNIFICANTLY more cap friendly than the one he will wrap up here after next season.

I agree with you... gotta keep a low profile... before I get painted with the Jack Stroud brush... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

One of you crazy number crunchers should look up what percentage of INTs are to Randle.

I'm sure it will pop up on some Giant's game during the cast.

Those NFL statisticians come up with the weirdest stats to show during a game, I'd like to see how many tipped passes have led to INTs in Eli's career.

One of you crazy number crunchers should look up what percentage of INTs are to Randle.

I saw more potential in Ramses Barden than I ever saw in Randle... He must be one of Coughlin's and/or Reeses' pet... Must have gotten the "Special" pictures of Coughlin getting cornholed in leather from Tynes or something...

"Neither Here Nor There"

i.e., an accurate description of Rueben Randle's route running.

He just flat out upsets me... I would much rather have the fifth stringer out there with guts and a will to the ball than Mr. Airheadness... I mean really is he Coughlin's secret son-in-law or something... his love child with Angela Davis? :confused:

He just flat out upsets me... I would much rather have the fifth stringer out there with guts and a will to the ball than Mr. Airheadness... I mean really is he Coughlin's secret son-in-law or something... his love child with Angela Davis? :confused:

love child with Angela Davis, LOL.

Lynch had a good observation during the game yesterday though.... that Randle is far more consistent on in-breaking routes than on routes outside the numbers. I never thought about it before, but I think he was dead on about that, it bore itself out over and over again yesterday. And I guess thats a reason for optimism too.

All of this

This is the concern for me, From here on, this is what we'll see in too many games. He's the guy that touches the ball on every play. so we live and die with what he does.

While no excuse for Randle.. he is not a first round pic and is not a very good WR... however Eli's interceptions have been the hallmark of his career... Randle or not.

...but at least 3 of Eli's picks were directed at guess who? Ruben Randle.

Also, it was awesome watching Randle totally pull a Plax Burress and watch the defender take the ball and run with it while old Rubes casually strolled around the field.

That one handed stab at the ball in the corner of the endzone when he could have laid out and actually made a play was such a classic Rube move.

Hmmmm...out of 11 INTs that is not as bad as I had thought.

When there's about 6 guys he could be targeting on most pass plays, that's pretty bad...that's almost 40% of the picks targeting one player...

When there's about 6 guys he could be targeting on most pass plays, that's pretty bad...that's almost 40% of the picks targeting one player...

That could be that either the other guys are not creating space or Eli is under siege most every snap. It was that way yesterday when Giants lost Pugh.

But no one here ever thought Randle was good.