SportsWrath

Who stays and who goes in 2015?

JMFP

Nassib has more trade value now. If he sits another year which he will if eli is still here, then hes worth nothing in 2016.jets,titans, bills could all be looking for qbs.

We need to be looking qb in the first round the yeAr before eli retires

I've been saying it that last few season and I'm starting to believe it more now, Eli doesnt retire a Giant.

Well maybe he signs a one day contract, but he doesnt finish his career with the Giants is what I should say.

Nassib has more trade value now. If he sits another year which he will if eli is still here, then hes worth nothing in 2016.jets,titans, bills could all be looking for qbs.

We need to be looking qb in the first round the yeAr before eli retires

The way this season is going, we maybe looking to land one now if there's a star quality QB in this upcoming draft... Are there any this year? Is the kid from Oregon really that good? I've read somewhere that Chip Kelly maybe looking to trade up to grab him.

The way this season is going, we maybe looking to land one now if there's a star quality QB in this upcoming draft... Are there any this year? Is the kid from Oregon really that good? I've read somewhere that Chip Kelly maybe looking to trade up to grab him.

I've been thinking NY may draft a QB. Their problem is they are a little too nice and keep players beyond their performance level. But they will go the cheap route and play Nassib, watch!

I would love to see the Giants grab Marshawn Lynch. That guy changed the entire dynamic and attitude in Seattle.

Lynch wouldn't work out well for the Giants. Lynch is a very good player who won't handle the New York media and that is the second thing you need to be able to do to play in NY.

Lynch wouldn't work out well for the Giants. Lynch is a very good player who won't handle the New York media and that is the second thing you need to be able to do to play in NY.

I kind of think they overblow Lynch's attitude toward the media, mainly because their perception is that he's a dick who shuns the media. Ricky Williams wouldn't give an interview without his helmet on and the material they got out of him was never exactly newsworthy but for the most part, he was a pretty damn good running back. Lynch's deal is that he has nothing to say...and when he does say something, they twist it into items such as, him and Caroll not getting along. Why they continue to fine and force that guy to do interviews when he'd rather just keep his mouth shut is kind of like banging your head against the wall. And whatever Lynch does, he'll be criticized. And on one hand, you have an NFL star who by most accounts, is highly respected and beneficial to the locker room, has grown and evolved into a much better player and person (I lived in Buffalo while he was there, where he was known as Marshawn, "Hit and Rawn"), and he he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't create controversy....yet they create controversy around him, anyway. It's a shame that the NFL and ESPN thinks this is what we want from sports media.

I kind of think they overblow Lynch's attitude toward the media, mainly because their perception is that he's a dick who shuns the media. Ricky Williams wouldn't give an interview without his helmet on and the material they got out of him was never exactly newsworthy but for the most part, he was a pretty damn good running back. Lynch's deal is that he has nothing to say...and when he does say something, they twist it into items such as, him and Caroll not getting along. Why they continue to fine and force that guy to do interviews when he'd rather just keep his mouth shut is kind of like banging your head against the wall. And whatever Lynch does, he'll be criticized. And on one hand, you have an NFL star who by most accounts, is highly respected and beneficial to the locker room, has grown and evolved into a much better player and person (I lived in Buffalo while he was there, where he was known as Marshawn, "Hit and Rawn"), and he he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't create controversy....yet they create controversy around him, anyway. It's a shame that the NFL and ESPN thinks this is what we want from sports media.

hit and rawn? those crazy western NYers. ;p

hit and rawn? those crazy western NYers. ;p

Yeah, he ran over some lady in the Buffalo bar district and drove away. He claimed he didn't know he hit anything...which is probably similar to what he was saying to his teammates after he ran over 5 Giants defenders on his way to the end zone four times....that he didn't even know that he hit anything...

Anyway, I'm guessing he was probably drunk.

Through all the years as a Giants fan, through some pretty bad teams, there was one constant. They were always tough. And they always applied punishment. Most of the time , it would come back to bite them. Knocking out Theismann to have Jay Scrhraeder beat them. Knocking out Aikman on TG day to have Fresno State's own Kevin Sweeney throw 3 TD's. Nevertheless, there was always toughness and fight. Maybe it's the penalties. But I think it goes deeper than that. It's time to find a HC that will bring the fight back. That will secretly slap a guy's butt when he gets a roughing the passer penalty in the 1st Q. (routinely done by LT and crew).

I'm beginning to think this whole NY Media thing is much ado about nothing

What has Nassib done so far to make anyone think we'd get more than the 4th we spent on him?

Nassib played 10 times better in preseason than Eli Manning. Enough to at least think he might be competent in this offensive system. Maybe not increase his trade value, but still.

Eli won't go to the AFC with Peyton in the same conference. Carolina is souring on Cam from sources and he wasn't Gettleman's pick, hearing. Gettleman had a big part in drafting Eli and both Cam and Eli have one year left on their deals. Carolina in a winnable division is where Eli will go

Eli won't go to the AFC with Peyton in the same conference. Carolina is souring on Cam from sources and he wasn't Gettleman's pick, hearing. Gettleman had a big part in drafting Eli and both Cam and Eli have one year left on their deals. Carolina in a winnable division is where Eli will go

Can is an idiot... Hindsight is 50/50 lol

If I'm Mara I clean house. Reese/Coughlin/Fewell are all gone. McAdoo stays depending on the next HC, I'd like some consistency on O. I'd look at the front office of the 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Patriots for Reese's replacement. I'd interview Joe Lombardi (Lions OC), Greg Schiano, Vic Fangio (49ers DC), Todd Bowels (cards DC) for Coughlins replacemet.

I trade Eli to the highest bidder. He's not/hasn't played to his contract and its crippled us. Rams, Titans, Bills, Jets, Bucs, Texans would all probably be desperate enough to give a 1st and a 4th for him. I'd look at Hoyer or Locker as vets to compete with Nassib as well as a draft pick.

I prioritize fixing the OL. Keep Beatty at LT, slide Pugh In to Guard, draft a T with one of our 1st. Move Richburg to Center. Schwartz stays at Guard. I sign a vet swing tackle and keep Walton and Jerry as backups.

Donnell stays at TE but I find some legit competition for him. I see if a new coach can get more out of Randle before I give up on him, he's still very young and immature. Randle/OBJ/Cruz could be good for us but I'd look at signing/drafting a potential starting X.

Add a vet RB. I like Jennings and Williams with better blocking.

Most of the work would be on D. I resign Rolle, JPP (if he doesn't break the bank), Prince, and Thurmond. I'd gut the LBs besides Kennard and maybe Beason. Move on from Jenkins, Patterson, Kuhn, Kiwi.

If I'm Mara I clean house. Reese/Coughlin/Fewell are all gone. McAdoo stays depending on the next HC, I'd like some consistency on O. I'd look at the front office of the 49ers, Seahawks, Ravens, and Patriots for Reese's replacement. I'd interview Joe Lombardi (Lions OC), Greg Schiano, Vic Fangio (49ers DC), Todd Bowels (cards DC) for Coughlins replacemet.

I trade Eli to the highest bidder. He's not/hasn't played to his contract and its crippled us. Rams, Titans, Bills, Jets, Bucs, Texans would all probably be desperate enough to give a 1st and a 4th for him. I'd look at Hoyer or Locker as vets to compete with Nassib as well as a draft pick.

I prioritize fixing the OL. Keep Beatty at LT, slide Pugh In to Guard, draft a T with one of our 1st. Move Richburg to Center. Schwartz stays at Guard. I sign a vet swing tackle and keep Walton and Jerry as backups.

Donnell stays at TE but I find some legit competition for him. I see if a new coach can get more out of Randle before I give up on him, he's still very young and immature. Randle/OBJ/Cruz could be good for us but I'd look at signing/drafting a potential starting X.

Most of the work would be on D. I resign Rolle, JPP (if he doesn't break the bank), Prince, and Thurmond. I'd gut the LBs besides Kennard and maybe Beason. Move on from Jenkins, Patterson, Kuhn, Kiwi.

I think we're a year away from the coaches going. More PC to not resign Coughlin than to fire him. Can't say we'd be able to keep McAdoo if the head coach goes. Hiring another head coach and effectively telling them who their OC is going to be...just don't see that being all that attractive for HC prospects.

Trading Eli won't happen. One, no one is going to trade for a guy who has one year remaining and a hefty price tag at that. You'd have to find the team willing to trade for him AND willing to extend him. Further, if the Giants are willing to trade him, they're willing to cut him just the same, meaning a team could get him for free. So I don't think that's really going to happen.

Prioritizing BOTH lines I think is the way to go and enough

No team is stupid enough to give up a 1st rounder for Eli let alone an additional 4th... I'm not Pugh's size is big enough for a guard... I like Patterson and definitely Ayers.

I think we're a year away from the coaches going. More PC to not resign Coughlin than to fire him. Can't say we'd be able to keep McAdoo if the head coach goes. Hiring another head coach and effectively telling them who their OC is going to be...just don't see that being all that attractive for HC prospects.

Trading Eli won't happen. One, no one is going to trade for a guy who has one year remaining and a hefty price tag at that. You'd have to find the team willing to trade for him AND willing to extend him. Further, if the Giants are willing to trade him, they're willing to cut him just the same, meaning a team could get him for free. So I don't think that's really going to happen.

Prioritizing BOTH lines I think is the way to go and enough

Haslet stuck around a few coaching changes in Washington. If I'm the new coach I'd look at McAdoo and consider it. See how it fits the personnel etc. Id want some consistency on O especially if I was a defensive minded coach. It has its advantages.

Remember what Oakland gave for Palmer? How about what Schaub went for when traded to Houston? Now throw in a guy who has two SB rings and the "Manning" last name add that with a few coaches and GMs that may never get another shot (Fisher/Snead for ex.) and who are just a QB away from contending. A team like that it makes a lot of sense. Obviously trade would only be agreed upon if Eli signs an extension. If we don't get what we want we don't trade him. Simple as that.

No team is stupid enough to give up a 1st rounder for Eli let alone an additional 4th... I'm not Pugh's size is big enough for a guard... I like Patterson and definitely Ayers.

See above post regarding Eli and his trade value. The going rate for a starting QB in this league is quite expensive.

Pugh just needs to get a little stronger. He's struggling at RT. I like Ayers, he's staying. Patterson needs upgraded.

Not Greg Schiano. His strength at Rutgers was recruitment, which simply doesn't translate as a skill in the NFL. Even with the Scarlet Knights, his actual coaching skills were dubious.

I thought the whole Tampa Bay disaster would have shown that.

I'm not sure why people want to trade Eli. Despite limited at best running success, 1 decent receiver in all of the games this season, and only a marginally improved oline, he's still playing fairly well this season. True, you'll get at least a 1st rounder in a trade--but you're then compelled to spend a first on his replacement, and there's no guarantee that you'll even see QB play at a close-enough level.

See above post regarding Eli and his trade value. The going rate for a starting QB in this league is quite expensive.

Pugh just needs to get a little stronger. He's struggling at RT. I like Ayers, he's staying. Patterson needs upgraded.

Fair points but I don't or don't want to see Eli somewhere else

I was thinking Carolina for Eli. They're tired of Superman down there.