SportsWrath

Who stays and who goes in 2015?

JMFP

Just wondering if you were John Mara, what would you do?

Every Coach on the Defense... well at least Fewel... his track record speaks for itself and not in a good way.

Players? Shit, we need an entire LB corp... I'm not even sure McClain is starting material anymore... Kinnad is a rookie (Something about the 49ers finding defensive talent in the draft... maybe we can get someone from their staff... 2 rookies kept being mentioned today.. Lynch and Borland.

Kiwi is slow as shit.. not sure he'll be in the NFL next year let alone the Giants.

Well, I'm sticking with players where I think regardless of who's GM or coaching have to be kept.

QB: You have to keep Eli, trade Nassib for a pick, bring in veteran backup help.

OL: Geoff Schwartz will have to start earning his paycheck, Richburg and Pugh stay, Walton is okay. They need to go first round on offensive line next year, have to.

RB: Jennings has to stay, Williams stays because you need to see what he does with a decent offensive line. I like Hillis but he's expendable. Hynoski can stay, he costs us nothing.

WR: Cruz, Beckham and Randle, everything one else can leave. Randle can stay next year, because he won't be resigned.

TE: Donnell, everyone else can go, but Donnell is not the answer.

Defensive line: Hankins, Kuhn, Ayers. If I can extend Cullen Jenkins another year, then I do. I'm not on JPP's bandwagon, he's not getting back to where he was, I don't give him big money at all. Kiwi needs to move on. Damontre Moore can stay because he's cheap and plays well on special teams. Bromley because he hasn't really gotten a chance.

Linebackers: Kennard looks like he has something. Beason because of the contract, McClain has some serious upper body strength issues, he can't tackle average size running backs, but he might be worth it. The other "experiments" need to leave.

Secondary: Let's just lump this crap as one. You keep Rodgers Cromartie because of his money, You pay Prince. Rolle IMO has now outstanding qualitites to keep him only his mouth. Everyone else can fuck off for all I care, overallsuch a below average group.

Punter/Kicker: I'm good here, both can stay. I'll give Brown a contract on that play alone and make him assistant Defensive Co-ord teaching tackles.

All due respect Storm, we've always been okay at TE until after Martellus Bennett left, so that's not too long ago. Donnell has been very productive in a few games.

True. I do think that we potentially don't need to waste resources other than maybe a mid to late round draft pick on tight end. Fells has been solid for us, too. I'd like to see someone come in as a dual threat in the passing and run blocking game, but I'm not sure that those exist anymore...

Well, I'm sticking with players where I think regardless of who's GM or coaching have to be kept.

QB: You have to keep Eli, trade Nassib for a pick, bring in veteran backup help.

OL: Geoff Schwartz will have to start earning his paycheck, Richburg and Pugh stay, Walton is okay. They need to go first round on offensive line next year, have to.

RB: Jennings has to stay, Williams stays because you need to see what he does with a decent offensive line. I like Hillis but he's expendable. Hynoski can stay, he costs us nothing.

WR: Cruz, Beckham and Randle, everything one else can leave. Randle can stay next year, because he won't be resigned.

TE: Donnell, everyone else can go, but Donnell is not the answer.

Defensive line: Hankins, Kuhn, Ayers. If I can extend Cullen Jenkins another year, then I do. I'm not on JPP's bandwagon, he's not getting back to where he was, I don't give him big money at all. Kiwi needs to move on. Damontre Moore can stay because he's cheap and plays well on special teams. Bromley because he hasn't really gotten a chance.

Linebackers: Kennard looks like he has something. Beason because of the contract, McClain has some serious upper body strength issues, he can't tackle average size running backs, but he might be worth it. The other "experiments" need to leave.

Secondary: Let's just lump this crap as one. You keep Rodgers Cromartie because of his money, You pay Prince. Rolle IMO has now outstanding qualitites to keep him only his mouth. Everyone else can fuck off for all I care, overallsuch a below average group.

Punter/Kicker: I'm good here, both can stay. I'll give Brown a contract on that play alone and make him assistant Defensive Co-ord teaching tackles.

Pretty much spot on. However...

QB: Keep Eli (agreed) but the real decision is whether to extend him or not. I believe he's only signed through 2016. Nassib, you have to keep pending Eli's contract status. I think we're pretty much stuck into keeping what we have.

OL: Agreed on all accounts. If we go OT - it needs to be a first rounder who is thrown into the mix from day 1. If we go G/C - it needs to be a 2nd rounder who is thrown into the mix from day 1.

RB: Jennings/Williams stay. I'd keep Cox too, only because he can return kickoffs. Not saying he's great at it, but he can do it if needed. Hillis has run his course/served his purpose.

WR: Agreed, though I like what I've seen from Parker in flashes this year. A draft pick here would be a good idea.

TE: Agreed.

DL: Agreed. JPP should get an offer, a good offer even, but not a top 5 DE in the league offer...maybe top 10. Kuhn, Bromley, Hankins, Moore...they can all stay. I'd even keep Patterson and/or Jenkins for depth because you can't replace everyone. Another draft pick here.

LB: Keep McClain and Kennard. I'd even keep Williams given his speed and for depth if nothing else. Infusing some youth/talent would be hugely beneficial

DB: DRC, Prince, Thurmond, and McBride should all be brought back. It was a good secondary (on paper) that deserves another year.

S: We might need to bring in 2, via draft or via FA. Rolle is the best and most consistent we have and he's a FA (and expensive at that). So it's definitely a position where we'll need some help. Hopefully Berhe advances enough to make this less of an issue.

K, P, LS: Don't change anything.

The GM and all coaches are gone. I'd love to see Cowher here since he's a veteran that knows how to build from the ground up and knows how the Maras work, but JR and co. have to be out of here.

As far as the players go:

QB - Eli and Nassib both stay. Eli's gone after he plays out his contract and we either groom/draft a kid in the next year or see what Nassib's got.

RB - Jennings and Williams can both stay, but we need someone else here. Not sure Williams has it as much other than a short-yardage guy until he starts seeing the holes better.

WR - Beckham is the real deal and a guy you can build around. We keep our fingers crossed that Cruz returns to form. Everyone else is gone.

TE - Everybody goes. Yes, Donnell is too invisible for too many games, and his blocking is flat-out awful.

OL - Pugh and Richburg can stay. With Beatty and Schwartz we have no choice on due to their contracts. We (once again) need at least three serviceable guys here. Walton is pretty terrible and so is the guy from Miami; ditto for Charlie Brown.

LB - McClain isn't great but is good enough to keep. Literally everyone else needs to go, aside from maybe Kennard who might develop. This unit remains pathetic under Reese.

DBs - Rolle is over the hill; I admire his tenacity but show him the door. He's not a guy to build around. DRC is staying, and I'd offer Prince a good contract; he's a keeper. Everyone else needs to seriously be looked at to see how they bounce back from injury.

DL - Hankins is a flat-out beast. I'd keep Jenkins just as veteran insurance, and offer a middle-of-the-road contract to JPP. Ayers deserves another year to see if he's really this good. Moore needs more playing time. I have a feeling that could be the core of a pretty decent line. Kiwi and Patterson can both walk.

That's what I would do. Cut the junk and let Cowher work his magic... dude went to the playoffs with guys named Maddox, Tomczak, and Stewart as his QB. He'd be my guy.

Trade Nassib or not, I laugh at those wanting to trade for veteran backup. Come on now, Eli does not get hurt so we're good there.

If anything, I'd do what any team does during times like this...bench the starting QB and start a younger player or get him reps.

Nassib might not be the answer, but I think it's time we start grooming another QB...

The GM and all coaches are gone. I'd love to see Cowher here since he's a veteran that knows how to build from the ground up and knows how the Maras work, but JR and co. have to be out of here.

As far as the players go:

QB - Eli and Nassib both stay. Eli's gone after he plays out his contract and we either groom/draft a kid in the next year or see what Nassib's got.

RB - Jennings and Williams can both stay, but we need someone else here. Not sure Williams has it as much other than a short-yardage guy until he starts seeing the holes better.

WR - Beckham is the real deal and a guy you can build around. We keep our fingers crossed that Cruz returns to form. Everyone else is gone.

TE - Everybody goes. Yes, Donnell is too invisible for too many games, and his blocking is flat-out awful.

OL - Pugh and Richburg can stay. With Beatty and Schwartz we have no choice on due to their contracts. We (once again) need at least three serviceable guys here. Walton is pretty terrible and so is the guy from Miami; ditto for Charlie Brown.

LB - McClain isn't great but is good enough to keep. Literally everyone else needs to go, aside from maybe Kennard who might develop. This unit remains pathetic under Reese.

DBs - Rolle is over the hill; I admire his tenacity but show him the door. He's not a guy to build around. DRC is staying, and I'd offer Prince a good contract; he's a keeper. Everyone else needs to seriously be looked at to see how they bounce back from injury.

DL - Hankins is a flat-out beast. I'd keep Jenkins just as veteran insurance, and offer a middle-of-the-road contract to JPP. Ayers deserves another year to see if he's really this good. Moore needs more playing time. I have a feeling that could be the core of a pretty decent line. Kiwi and Patterson can both walk.

That's what I would do. Cut the junk and let Cowher work his magic... dude went to the playoffs with guys named Maddox, Tomczak, and Stewart as his QB. He'd be my guy.

They can release Beatty by June 1st and the dead money doesn't count against them and absolutely no on Cowher

We should play Nassib the rest of the way to see what we have.

Once mathematically eliminated from playoffs, I would in all seriousness, give Eli/Nassib alternating halves. Eli starts and Nassib finishes. Next week, Nassib starts and Eli finishes. Yes, it would end Eli's active starting streak and no, I couldn't give a shit less.

I think they should play the QB who they think will be the starter next season.

Unless the McAdoo experiment is already over, in which case... lets Nassib it up out there.

1. If they fire McAdoo, the Giants front office just set the team back big time. You switched offensive coordinators...that's not something the Giants do on a whim. I think they have to stay with McAdoo for at least another season, maybe two.

2. As for who starts next season, I think that a true evaluation on how Nassib runs McAdoo's system is needed before you can determine which of the two QBs on our roster shoudl be the opening day starter next season.

I think that if we're seriously considering letting Eli walk next offseason coupled with the fact McAdoo should still be around, it'd only make sense to see how Nassib would run his system prior to bringing in another QB or extending Eli.

This.

You need to PLAY somebody and DEMONSTRATE THEIR VALUE if you want to actually get something for them.

I don't understand where this whole notion of trading Nassib comes from... couldn't he be just our next starting QB? There have been many successful QBs who weren't 1st rounders as there have been many busts who were.

Also, is Patterson playing on the DL? I'm not one who looks at each play to see who's in the line up... but my last impression of him from last season was good... he should stay for depth.. who's been starting at DT next to Hankin?

As far as McAdo is concerned, way too early to call him a bust.. I think the FO did their homework with him and it's not fair to the guy the level of criticism he's getting here... almost GMB-esque.

Also, is Patterson playing on the DL? I'm not one who looks at each play to see who's in the line up... but my last impression of him from last season was good... he should stay for depth.. who's been starting at DT next to Hankin?

Cullen Jenkins primarily, until he was injured. Mike Patterson. Kiwi at times. Kuhn at times. Ayers at times.

We should play Nassib the rest of the way to see what we have.

Unfortunately that will never ever happen. The Giants could be 0-10 and Eli with 20 INTs and he would still be starting. Old warhorse, for good or bad, will stay with the sinking ship until the very end.

Nassib has more trade value now. If he sits another year which he will if eli is still here, then hes worth nothing in 2016.jets,titans, bills could all be looking for qbs.

We need to be looking qb in the first round the yeAr before eli retires

Unfortunately that will never ever happen. The Giants could be 0-10 and Eli with 20 INTs and he would still be starting. Old warhorse, for good or bad, will stay with the sinking ship until the very end.

Eli sells tickets, Nassib doesnt.

They wont bench him simply because Mara/Tisch are still paying for the new stadium.