SportsWrath

Cheerleader might not be back next year...

Not for nothing, but where the fuck does all this McAdoo praise come from?

Their offense is 18th in the league, and they've failed to score over 20 points in 5 of their losses. Even worse, they've consistently been outscored in the second half... a sad indicator that McAdoo isn't making the necessary halftime adjustments.

Its awesome that he's not Gilly, but he's not setting the world on fire, either.

3. Assistant coaches will be fired

With the Giants defense now statistically the worst in the NFL, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell probably will be shown the door at the end of the season. Fewell and special teams coordinator Tom Quinn are believed to have one year remaining on their contracts, and, barring a late-season playoff run, it seems likely the Giants will not bring either back, especially if Coughlin is done, too.

Ain't gonna lie, sporting wood over that thought. Take the LB coach with you, Perry.

Their offense is 18th in the league, and they've failed to score over 20 points in 5 of their losses. Even worse, they've consistently been outscored in the second half... a sad indicator that McAdoo isn't making the necessary halftime adjustments.

Its awesome that he's not Gilly, but he's not setting the world on fire, either.

I'm not really seeing it, either. I'm not condemning him, but he's not exactly a miracle worker, either.

The only difference I've seen is that Eli isn't making the desperate deep shots that wound up being INTs last year. I don't know if that's smart, or conceding games.

Though not his fault, everything else is pretty much the same results. Oh, and the TE is competent enough to catch a ball that gets to him.

If Tom retires, I wouldn't blame him for a minute.

The question after that is whether Eli stays (and I'd fucking bolt for the exits if I were him).....but assuming he stays, I'd imagine it would only be if McAdoo stays as well.

Lets make it through his first season as an offensive coordinator before passing judgement.

Ain't gonna lie, sporting wood over that thought. Take the LB coach with you, Perry.

I'm not really seeing it, either. I'm not condemning him, but he's not exactly a miracle worker, either.

The only difference I've seen is that Eli isn't making the desperate deep shots that wound up being INTs last year. I don't know if that's smart, or conceding games.

Though not his fault, everything else is pretty much the same results. Oh, and the TE is competent enough to catch a ball that gets to him.

you have to have Lbers in order to have a coach though right?

If Tom retires, I wouldn't blame him for a minute.

The question after that is whether Eli stays (and I'd fucking bolt for the exits if I were him).....but assuming he stays, I'd imagine it would only be if McAdoo stays as well.

why would Eli NOT stay? There would be no reason for him to go. He has improved quite a bit this year. If given better OL help and a maybe another RB (goodbye Hillis/ Cox) Plus the WRs next year OBD #1 Cruz #2 Candle #3 Parker and Washington waiting in the weeds. Fix the OL and who know s Maybe the new (if we get one) HC would also hire a new OL coach,

why would Eli NOT stay? There would be no reason for him to go. He has improved quite a bit this year. If given better OL help and a maybe another RB (goodbye Hillis/ Cox) Plus the WRs next year OBD #1 Cruz #2 Candle #3 Parker and Washington waiting in the weeds. Fix the OL and who know s Maybe the new (if we get one) HC would also hire a new OL coach,

I don't think being on a sub 500 team that is hitting the reset button is going to make Eli want to finish his career in NY, especially with Peyton having a resurgence in Denver at age 67.

The real question is, if JR hits the "panic fuck me throw everyone under the bus" button and lets Coughlin, Fewell and others go, would he spend money on a QB that would be asking for a large portion of cap space when a new HC regime would want to start with a clean slate.

We need a better X WR to compliment ODB.

I never expected HOF'ers from this lot. But even Sherman managed to develop something out of Blackburn when he was LB coach.

Yea that's true.. Reese might've not spent 1st or 2nd rounders on LB but he got us a few either thru the draft of FA and for whatever reason (outside of Beason) none seem to work... and beason as much as I love him when healthy, is made of glass. I've been complaining about Fewel when most everyone was complaining about Gilbride... Not that he didn't deserve to be run out of town either...

Lets make it through his first season as an offensive coordinator before passing judgement.

Exactly.

Why is this article anointing him as the "head coach in waiting" when at the midway point he's a slightly worse-than-average coordinator statistically?

Exactly.

Why is this article anointing him as the "head coach in waiting" when at the midway point he's a slightly worse-than-average coordinator statistically?

That part I paid no mind to... they pulled it out of their ass.

With respect to Coughlin, when you look beyond the SBs, there are 3 division titles, and 5 playoff appearances. Back in 2010, they missed the playoffs even though they were 10-6.

Assuming they end 2014 with a losing record, that would be 3 losing seasons out of 11. If a coach was available that could guarantee the same track record of Coughlin's Giants, the bidding war for that guy would be off the charts.

I'm not saying Coughlin is perfect....far from it. I think one of his greatest qualities - his loyalty - can be a double-edged sword. I think he's been too protective of players and assistants who haven't gotten the job done. But again, I'll take the bad with all the good. This team keeps playing for the guy, and I think that even this year, that will happen.....we might still have something to play for in December if they can get things turned around starting next week. I doubt that will happen, but only because Coughlin doesn't have much to work with.....injuries have wiped out the free agents that were brought in, and our draft picks have been spotty at best.

My hope is Coughlin, McAdoo, and Eli are part of the solution in 2015.......I think the organization requires an upgrade in defense coordinator, and special teams coordinator. Clearly, they need another strong draft. And, for once, they need the Injury Wildcard to pass this team in 2015.

Even with all that happening, there is no guarantee next year will be a special year. Which is why getting 2 Lombardi Trophies out of Coughlin squads should always be remembered, and the bad seasons taken in context.

Maybe it's because I live in Chicago......ask any Bear fan what they think of Coughlin, and most of them would respond, "I wish we had a guy like him out here."

Some of us are living in 2011......think about living in 1985.

With respect to Coughlin, when you look beyond the SBs, there are 3 division titles, and 5 playoff appearances. Back in 2010, they missed the playoffs even though they were 10-6.

Assuming they end 2014 with a losing record, that would be 3 losing seasons out of 11. If a coach was available that could guarantee the same track record of Coughlin's Giants, the bidding war for that guy would be off the charts.

That 2010 season just pisses me off every time I hear "The Giants haven't been in the playoffs in X out of Y seasons." 9 out of 10 times, 10-6 gets you a berth. Especially knowing we should have been 11-5, at least. It's a bullshit statement, even moreso when the time we were in the postseason we won it all.

It's fair to complain about 2012 on, but anything before 2011? Spoiled, whiny bitching. The fact I can even say "spoiled" makes a statement about TC's regime.