SportsWrath

350 rushing for the Seahawks

NeMesiS

So basically every co-coordinator is terrible or is it just maybe the talent not present. Many times the D hit Lynch but he just shrugged them off. That's not scheme, that's players.

Fewell's frustration with players not even attempting containment was evident. It's still on him to make it work, but the players, particularly the OLBs, aren't helping him out any.

In Manning's defense, that took a flukey bounce into Thomas' hands. ODB had been making Richard Sherman his bitch but Sherman got position that time and Manning underthrew it a bit. 9 times out of 10 that harmlessly falls incomplete at worst.

Plus, with a guy like Beckham, it doesn't matter that he isn't a 6 foot 4 physical beast. He attacks the ball and he goes up to get it at its highest point. I have no issue with that call. Chances are we would have stalled at the 40 and punted it anyway.

Manning himself said it was a bad decision, but the best QBs in the game take a reckless shot usually once per game......in the case of other QBs, the ball is incomplete, or caught for a TD.....in Manning's case, it's always tipped for an INT.

Fewell's frustration with players not even attempting containment was evident. It's still on him to make it work, but the players, particularly the OLBs, aren't helping him out any.

Seriously, fuck Fewell. He should have pulled Kiwi and J-Will out at halftime when it was evident that were either physically or mentally incapable of playing his "scheme".

How many times has this team turned soft at critical moments?.....how many times have players begged him to change shit up?

The old whipping boys - Tuck, Osi, etc - have moved on.

Manning himself said it was a bad decision, but the best QBs in the game take a reckless shot usually once per game......in the case of other QBs, the ball is incomplete, or caught for a TD.....in Manning's case, it's always tipped for an INT.

That play should've been overcome.. but the many decisions taken by the coaching staff and the horrible showing or lackthereof of the defense lead to the loss.. the O played ok given the makeshift (work in progress) OL and a rookie RB... I'm glad we had 3 rookies starting on the offensive side of the ball yesterday... not sure why Bromely and Moore weren't on the defense.. I mean.. it couldn't get any worse..

Seriously, fuck Fewell. He should have pulled Kiwi and J-Will out at halftime when it was evident that were either physically or mentally incapable of playing his "scheme".

haha.. did you see JPP's response to "What adjustments were made at halftime?"

All you need to know about the Giants’ clueless response in allowing the Seahawks to set a franchise record with 350 rushing yards on Sunday was this: Asked if they made any second-half adjustments, Jason Pierre-Paul said, “I don’t know. I was in the bathroom.”

Can't make this shit up.

Yeah, Fewell really benefitted from:

1. Winning a Super Bowl with a D that got hot at the right time, and

2. Having Beason and Will Hill come in at the right time last year and make him look like a genius.

Other than that, the guy's been pretty sub-average for his tenure here.

This ends the argument of bad coaching or bad players. Clearly, the schemes work when there is competent execution.

In the end the Giants were doomed anyway. Set the edges and Lynch runs up the middle for 8. Crash in and Wilson runs outside for 8. If the D could have stopped either one of the two it would have made scheming a lot easier on Fewell but when neither can be stopped it’s game over. There is no way Fewell could have saved this game; none. It was weather made perfect for running and Seattle has the team to execute.

This ends the argument of bad coaching or bad players. Clearly, the schemes work when there is competent execution.

In the end the Giants were doomed anyway. Set the edges and Lynch runs up the middle for 8. Crash in and Wilson runs outside for 8. If the D could have stopped either one of the two it would have made scheming a lot easier on Fewell but when neither can be stopped it’s game over. There is no way Fewell could have saved this game; none. It was weather made perfect for running and Seattle has the team to execute.

Last I checked the Seahawks last a few games this season too... they're not that great. A little bit of film study might've served Fewel well...

Last I checked the Seahawks last a few games this season too... they're not that great. A little bit of film study might've served Fewel well...

How? Wilson cannot throw and it's raining. Lynch is running easily up the middle so crash all in. Guess what he still runs for 5 anyway. Now Wilson starts scrambling outside so you set the edge to contain him maybe bring a safety to watch for him. Now Lynch is running for 12 up the middle. So riddle me the fix?

How? Wilson cannot throw and it's raining. Lynch is running easily up the middle so crash all in. Guess what he still runs for 5 anyway. Now Wilson starts scrambling outside so you set the edge to contain him maybe bring a safety to watch for him. Now Lynch is running for 12 up the middle. So riddle me the fix?

My point is defenses plan for those kinds of offenses... Even the Giants in the past were able to contain the McNabbs and the RG3s... just not these Giants.

My point is defenses plan for those kinds of offenses... Even the Giants in the past were able to contain the McNabbs and the RG3s... just not these Giants.

To be fair McNabb had the Giants number in and air and on the ground until they were able to get a winning combo in Strahan and Osi.

The fix was easy - stack the box and attack the read-option mesh points.

Guys were crashing in on Lynch, but they were spaced so wide that they were irrelevant to the play anyway. It was garbage play design by Fewell.

Yeah, Fewell really benefitted from:

1. Winning a Super Bowl with a D that got hot at the right time, and

2. Having Beason and Will Hill come in at the right time last year and make him look like a genius.

Other than that, the guy's been pretty sub-average for his tenure here.

It's beginning to look like #2 should be "Having Freeman, Barkley, Pryor, and Tolzien come in at the right time last year and make him look like a genius."

Wilson wasn't even contained on passing downs. It was ridiculous.

Wilson wasn't even contained on passing downs. It was ridiculous.

I was watching with an eight year old. Halfway through the second quarter, as Wilson was scampering for another 14 yards the kid yells out, "that's the EXACT same play they've run three times already!"

A fucking eight-year old figured it out, but JaQuain Williams was baffled every time.

I was watching with an eight year old. Halfway through the second quarter, as Wilson was scampering for another 14 yards the kid yells out, "that's the EXACT same play they've run three times already!"

A fucking eight-year old figured it out, but JaQuain Williams was baffled every time.

Same play he ran in for a TD too.

JaQuain was probably wondering who "57" was, and why the coaches were yelling at him so much.

Will he take a 2 year contract?

These guys know the plays. There's a reason why seattle runs them over and over again every week. The problem is execution

Exactly. Beason is hired and suddenly Fewell looks decent. Beason leaves and shit hits the fan. Coaching or execution the issue. If one or two players, seems to be MLB, is competent the D works great. Clearly the Giants need to draft or sign a very good MLB for this D to work but of course Reese doesn't want to hear that.

At what point do you try something different, like putting in a different DL or LB than Kiwi and JWill?

150 rushing yards?.....200?.....250?.....300?......just wondering.

Maybe the answer is 400 rushing yards in order to give Moore and Paysinger a shot?

Call me nuts, but I would have thought about maybe giving Cullen Jenkins a couple reps at DL, put Moore in there at SAM, and Kennard or Paysinger at WLB.....maybe sliding JWill over to a strong safety spot.

Eh... one pick.. Wilson had 2... Now if you were looking for perfection then yes.. :)

So I guess you could say we have no mental toughness. after that pick it stuck in their heads for the rest of the game. Maybe you're right, time for TC to retire and take the rest of them with him.

So I guess you could say we have no mental toughness. after that pick it stuck in their heads for the rest of the game. Maybe you're right, time for TC to retire and take the rest of them with him.

Oh that's a given... the team didn't even look interested in playing... almost look slow motion out there... mental toughness? more like mentally (and physically) beat up. TC needs to retire... and I'm with Fringe.. bring Harbaugh in here... there's a time when mere modifications are counter-productive... Eli (look at his brother) still has 5 or so years under his belt.. and he's good... It shouldn't take long to surround him with talent...