SportsWrath

350 rushing for the Seahawks

NeMesiS

Yes, but Reese has had 10 years with this team now. George Young ran his course, so did Accorsi. fact is the last 4 years he hasn't gotten this team back to the level he set himself.

Reese and Young are similar.... Both of them figured they were the smartest guy in the room and let a championship calibre team crumble

Disagree....a better DC would tell the DE/LB to plant and seal the edges.

Or maybe the talent just sucks ass.

Either way, this beyond injuries....the most injured unit played the best this week.

The DE/LBs seal the edge and than Wilson exploits the underneath game which has been wide open all season because he has all day to throw.

He send the DEs and crashes them in and then Wilson or a misdirection play bounces outside.

He can't count on the LBs doing their job because they simply don't have the talent to run plays down or cover. The D-line cant generate pressure with four so he cant drop LBs because then Wilson runs wild or a WR gets open.

I mean he threw everything he had at the Seahawks and none of it seemed to work, he just isnt all that imaginative hiding the weakness and lack of talent on the D side of the ball, which most DCs can at least attempt to do.

Spags was able to cover weaknesses by exploiting the pass rush and dialing up LB blitz to send more people than anyone can block, but he was able to do so because of the talent he had along the front four.

Fewell doesnt have the imagination or talent to do anything when the offense adjusts to his game plan.

Disagree....a better DC would tell the DE/LB to plant and seal the edges.

Or maybe the talent just sucks ass.

Either way, this beyond injuries....the most injured unit played the best this week.

There's absolutely no way that Fewell didn't tell them that. He may be an idiot, but he's certainly not blind. I think after the 15th time of that happening, we can safely say that the players were absolutely incapable of reading and reacting to that play.

This has been going on for years... I mean, we either have the smartest defensive coordinator of all time. Or we have one of the dumbest players in the league. How many time does Perry Fewellstein have to dumb down the defense? How many times?

I bring the point back to Mara JR.

The Giant's have had what? three GMs in the last 30 years.

I doubt JR is going anywhere in the next few seasons, Mara will make Fewell/McAddo the scape goats and I'm sure he will even throw Coughlin under the bus before he goes after a guy in the FO.

Wonder what Mara Sr would be doing in this situation.

Wellington Mara swore while he was alive that he'd never sell PSLs to fund a stadium. He put the league ahead of his own team and was largely unconcerned with profits, and understood that putting the fans first in regards to ticket prices, concessions, and parking was how you made a profitable business.

John Mara is NOTHING like his father. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Wellington Mara swore while he was alive that he'd never sell PSLs to fund a stadium. He put the league ahead of his own team and was largely unconcerned with profits, and understood that putting the fans first in regards to ticket prices, concessions, and parking was how you made a profitable business.

John Mara is NOTHING like his father. I wouldn't put anything past him.

shit changes and this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I do recall saying something about stopping the MOTHERFUCKING RUN while you guys were busy counting sacks and your pass rush hissy fits.

Not sure who you are referring to but I've been beating a drum for linebackers for years....to stop the run.

For years I've been hearing the linebackers are unimportant. And I've been thoroughly unimpressed with JWill

There's absolutely no way that Fewell didn't tell them that. He may be an idiot, but he's certainly not blind. I think after the 15th time of that happening, we can safely say that the players were absolutely incapable of reading and reacting to that play.

Yeah, he was on the sidelines going c'mon man. The scheme was there to stop it, talent not. JWill may be the worst LB in the NFL. I think Tempest said, would you rather have Herzlich? after tonight that's a maybe

You seen what happens when we take shots

In Manning's defense, that took a flukey bounce into Thomas' hands. ODB had been making Richard Sherman his bitch but Sherman got position that time and Manning underthrew it a bit. 9 times out of 10 that harmlessly falls incomplete at worst.

Plus, with a guy like Beckham, it doesn't matter that he isn't a 6 foot 4 physical beast. He attacks the ball and he goes up to get it at its highest point. I have no issue with that call. Chances are we would have stalled at the 40 and punted it anyway.

Not sure who you are referring to but I've been beating a drum for linebackers for years....to stop the run.

For years I've been hearing the linebackers are unimportant. And I've been thoroughly unimpressed with JWill

Agreed.... We have been hearing how this is a passing league... Which is true but you still have to be able to stop the run... Otherwise well I just to erase yesterday from my memory.

The Giants suck, from the owners, to the gm, to the coaches, to the players. They are embarrasingly bad, in every aspect. Time has come for an overhaul.

From the Daily News:

All you need to know about the Giants’ clueless response in allowing the Seahawks to set a franchise record with 350 rushing yards on Sunday was this: Asked if they made any second-half adjustments, Jason Pierre-Paul said, “I don’t know. I was in the bathroom.”

And the daily news article concludes:

After yielding 510 total yards Sunday, they’ve allowed at least 400 yards six times this season. Last year, that only happened three times. But that was when the offense was broken.

This year’s defense?

Flush.

Eh, sometimes the contain guy read the play wrong and crashed down, but a lot of the time they just weren't even lined up right to contain anybody.

My opinion on the read option crap is that a base defense with good gap discipline should be adequate, but better still is to attack the mesh points and hit the QB regardless of where the ball goes. But the Giants were trying something else yesterday... the guy with contain was reading the play from way off the ball. And it worked in the first half too, but Seattle figured it out. It was a poor attempt, I think they were lucky it worked as well as it did in the first half. It was pure read and react crap, I hate that.

On the bright side, if that game plan doesn't get Fewell fired, nothing will.

lot of contact on sherman's part on that interception too. i guess the refs felt bad about that huge pile of shit he had on his head in the first half

I thought it was a brilliant play by Sherman. The way he used his leg to interfere-without-interfering was incredible. Eli's only bad pass of the day too.

Eh, sometimes the contain guy read the play wrong and crashed down, but a lot of the time they just weren't even lined up right to contain anybody.

My opinion on the read option crap is that a base defense with good gap discipline should be adequate, but better still is to attack the mesh points and hit the QB regardless of where the ball goes. But the Giants were trying something else yesterday... the guy with contain was reading the play from way off the ball. And it worked in the first half too, but Seattle figured it out. It was a poor attempt, I think they were lucky it worked as well as it did in the first half. It was pure read and react crap, I hate that.

On the bright side, if that game plan doesn't get Fewell fired, nothing will.

What plan? Fewel plays the same defense every game... he even rushed 3 again on 3rd and longs... I don't fucking know who advocated from him... and Coughlin can go to hell for all I care.. his tenure.. yes 2 SB because we peaked at the right time has been more frustration and jubilation...

What plan? Fewel plays the same defense every game... he even rushed 3 again on 3rd and longs... I don't fucking know who advocated from him... and Coughlin can go to hell for all I care.. his tenure.. yes 2 SB because we peaked at the right time has been more frustration and jubilation...

Yeah, Fewell really benefitted from:

1. Winning a Super Bowl with a D that got hot at the right time, and

2. Having Beason and Will Hill come in at the right time last year and make him look like a genius.

Other than that, the guy's been pretty sub-average for his tenure here.