SportsWrath

Russel Wilson

Sephiroth

After ranking 25th in passing yards, and 30th in passing offense overall, I'm thinking that the "Russel Wilson is elite" conversation has gotten awfully quiet.

However, I'm sure after today the Giants will have that fixed. GO GIANTS!

Lucky someone hasn't taken his fucking head off yet. Robert Griffin jr had his wings clipped just like every other running QB. His time will come and then we will really see what kind of QB Wilson is.

Not advocating this, but strictly pragmatically speaking I wonder if it wouldn't be "smart" to swallow 15 yards once or twice just take some real cheap shots on those scrambling QBs early in the game.

Not advocating this, but strictly pragmatically speaking I wonder if it wouldn't be "smart" to swallow 15 yards once or twice just take some real cheap shots on those scrambling QBs early in the game.

That would be hovering then falling flat right into "scum bag" territory and the penalty for that would be ejection from the game, 15 yards, and loss of down.

Wilson isn't as good as Luck...that system is too good to him, his game is inflated by the team surrounding him. Place him on the giants with no running thread and a horrible offensive-line...he'd be horrible.

Wilson isn't as good as Luck...that system is too good to him, his game is inflated by the team surrounding him. Place him on the giants with no running thread and a horrible offensive-line...he'd be horrible.

Don't hate the playa hate the game :smartass: :P

True, football fucking sucks now

It only sucks when your team sucks.. football is a great game.. but when your team plays like ours did last night, we may need to call our doctors and ask for prozac... that was depressing.

I think this is why the "Read-Option" offense is going the way of the Wildcat and the Run and Shoot. People are figuring out, "oh, we don't know if the QB has the ball or not... well, fucking drill him and find out."

It only sucks when your team sucks.. football is a great game.. but when your team plays like ours did last night, we may need to call our doctors and ask for prozac... that was depressing.

I have to disagree, Nas. Football is terrible these days.

I went from watching 3-5 games a week to 3 quarters of football a week. If football wasn't a big focal point of my family gatherings I wouldn't watch at all.

I have to disagree, Nas. Football is terrible these days.

I went from watching 3-5 games a week to 3 quarters of football a week. If football wasn't a big focal point of my family gatherings I wouldn't watch at all.

The game changes... and I'm very ok with player safety put in first... this coming from someone who's been dealing with horrific migraines/nerve pain for years after so many concussions etc and I didn't even play at their level... yes sometimes the league over-reaches with rules but that's just humanity and its pitfalls... I still love the game.. just not when the Giants suck donkey balls.

The game changes... and I'm very ok with player safety put in first... this coming from someone who's been dealing with horrific migraines/nerve pain for years after so many concussions etc and I didn't even play at their level... yes sometimes the league over-reaches with rules but that's just humanity and its pitfalls... I still love the game.. just not when the Giants suck donkey balls.

Its not just that. Its the rules, the horrible officiating, free agency where every team is average, the over commentating, the celebration of assholes (Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders... now Dick Sherman). Its just not that interesting to watch anymore.

Its not just that. Its the rules, the horrible officiating, free agency where every team is average, the over commentating, the celebration of assholes (Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders... now Dick Sherman). Its just not that interesting to watch anymore.

Absolutely

Understood but the Warren Sapps and the Deion Sanders are a reflection of society.. you really can't penalize being a jerk...

That would be hovering then falling flat right into "scum bag" territory and the penalty for that would be ejection from the game, 15 yards, and loss of down.

No doubt, total Buddy Ryan move. Just looking at it as a cost/benefit thing.

I think this is why the "Read-Option" offense is going the way of the Wildcat and the Run and Shoot. People are figuring out, "oh, we don't know if the QB has the ball or not... well, fucking drill him and find out."

And I wouldn't call that a cheap shot at all. If the guy is faking being a ball carrier, then by rule he is fair game to be tackled. Every time a team fakes a read option, the QB needs to be ground into the dirt.

No doubt, total Buddy Ryan move. Just looking at it as a cost/benefit thing.

And I wouldn't call that a cheap shot at all. If the guy is faking being a ball carrier, then by rule he is fair game to be tackled. Every time a team fakes a read option, the QB needs to be ground into the dirt.

I remember back in the day when playing football against another neighborhood, I'd always insisted on playing the MLB spot... what I lacked in size I made up for in speed and correct technique not to mention being fearless (which caused me a lot of physical pain)... I was totally fooled on a fake run where the guy ran up the middle and and I leveled him.. he didn't realize the fake had worked on me so well and started to take it easy... he was leveled so badly but was laughing me so hard... then when got up he let out and ouch... classic Nas :flex: