SportsWrath

Jerry Reese and the 2012 NFL Draft

RandolphScott

"we can just sign cruz and have randle be our #1" was the general consensus two offseasons ago

I thought we should of drafted two WR's or at least got somebody in free agency to replace Nicks, i.e LaFell. I think WR is priority one this off-season, even if Cruz is healthy he's not going to regain his 2011 form

I thought we should of drafted two WR's or at least got somebody in free agency to replace Nicks, i.e LaFell. I think WR is priority one this off-season, even if Cruz is healthy he's not going to regain his 2011 form

If we don't look at the offensive line that Dallas is sporting and take a page out of that book - I'll be royally pissed. Next season, we'll have Westburg in his 2nd year (where I'll expect growth andd development)...Pugh in what, his 3rd? That's a good start...but I'd have to say that the other 3 positions, while better overall than last year, remain question marks. I'll roll with with our skill positions as they are.

After a 1st or 2nd spent on offensive line, depending on whether we go OT or G, I'm perfectly fine spending every other pick on defense. LB-CB-DE-S are all needed. I still want Thurmond back in the secondary to go in with Prince-DRC-Thurmond. I'd like McBride too. I still think that's a good collection of DBs in today's league.

As for coaching, can't say for sure if Coughlin is gone, but at a minimum - Fewell needs to go. The smiling on the sidelines when his defense gives up a big play...the lack of adjustments at halftime (confirmed by JPP's comments as well as the 2nd half play of the defense)...just speaks to the DC being ineffective.

And as much as the one article I read suggested that McAdoo was a head-coach-in-waiting took some liberties at suggesting it - I don't know that it's too far off. Changing the offense was a drastic move in the offseason and one that I can't believe the FO took lightly, especially for a slow-to-change organization like the Giants. You don't want to change the offense for one season just to go back to what you had before. So I have to think that McAdoo is here to stay longer term. That, I have to believe, is the thinking behind his being a coach in waiting. So, the issue becomes, how much does McAdoo know about defense, given he's an offensive coordinator. Is he well rounded enough to be a head coach or know what he's talking about to select a defensive coordinator. Those are big time decisions that the Giants will have to make.

Let's assume my pipe dream comes true and we land Dez... or someone similar... the trio of Dez, ODB, and Cruz will be formidable... I continue to believe this team is not as bad as it has looked recently... the injuries are a huge huge factor... get everyone healthy (Yes we need better conditioning staff) and get a solid DC and this team can compete....

i'll gladly use another 1st round pick on cooper or strong

yes but it was the general consensus around here too. i thought it was pretty premature

yeah, all around it was a classic case of wish-casting.

In fairness to Randle, he's ahead of where Toomer was through three seasons, and Toomer turned into a hell of a player in season four.