SportsWrath

Should we be worried about the WRs?

BlueInCanada

Obviously moments after a loss everything looks worse.

However, the Giants went up against a pair of good CBs, and even had one get hurt and his replacement came in.

The combo of Shepard/Tate/Engram didnt really do much to help out Jones this game.

Shepard and Tate especially.

Slayton had some catches but he was playing against some slot guy, not the Vikings best, but he may become something more reliable over time.

Jones is a rookie QB, like Eli he needs a WR to help him out and bail him out at times. Engram mostly plays on the line or in the slot, he's running intermediate stuff.

Down the field though, when the game is on the line, I really don't trust Shepard or Tate at the moment to really out physical their CB to make the play.

Shepard dropped two catchable passes that would have been 14 points.

That's my point as well.

You can't be a winning team and your highest paid WR is dropping passes when it matters.

Just like how your highest paid CB shouldn't look like he's a 59 year old man running around on the field.

Or how your highest paid LT looks like Flowers 2.0.

Or how your highest paid LB is on the injury report.

Or how your highest paid QB is on the bench.

Or how your highest paid safety is more of a LB

Fuck this team is in a bad shape lol

Seriously is the Vikings defense THAT good? Or do we suck THAT bad?

Easily a top 10 unit.

One of the best LB cores in the NFL, Dline is good and their secondary has one of the best safetys in the NFL, plus two of the better CBs.

So yes this is what a REAL NFL defense looks like.

If Shepard had caught those 2 TDs - different ball game.

Yep.

Supposed to be some really good WRs coming out this year of college as well from what I've read.

We need to get Jones a guy who WILL catch those passes.

Then we don't even have to worry about kicking FGs.

There were a couple of for sure drop against coverage... but with out having to defend against any semblance of a running game its tough for them to get open

See that's what I'm worried about.

Even with Barkley, this Oline doesn't look good as the season has gone on, against any decent Dline.

So what? Barkley and the run game shuts down we dont have a passing game since our WRs just arent good enough to win one on ones?

This needs to be addressed going forward, simply for the sanity of Jones.

See that's what I'm worried about.

Even with Barkley, this Oline doesn't look good as the season has gone on, against any decent Dline.

So what? Barkley and the run game shuts down we dont have a passing game since our WRs just arent good enough to win one on ones?

This needs to be addressed going forward, simply for the sanity of Jones.

Yes a big possession sort of WR would be one hell of a safety blanket. But I think Engrim can play that roll if LB s have to even consider run any time other than 1st and 10

The online had some breakdowns today against the different blitzes that the Vikings were bringing, but that is the strength of their D

No Barkley on Thursday night its going to be a very ugly game we are going to drink through

Yes a big possession sort of WR would be one hell of a safety blanket. But I think Engrim can play that roll if LB s have to even consider run any time other than 1st and 10

The online had some breakdowns today against the different blitzes that the Vikings were bringing, but that is the strength of their D

No Barkley on Thursday night its going to be a very ugly game we are going to drink through

Engram might be able to fill the role, but so far Shurmur hasnt put him in that situation.

He either needs to get Engram outside more often or get him down the field more.

Let Jones just throw it up at him and let Engram make the play.

If he cant then well they better hope they can land someone in FA or the draft, because it will also help this run game/O line out immensely if the defence has to keep a CB and safety on one side of the field to shade a #1 WR.

Also there were a few passes that if Jones puts in a better spot they are probably caught for a TD.

I mean sloppy game overall but I mean this "BIG RETURN OF TATE" was really uninspiring and having to relay on both him and Shepard to win games isnt going to work out for the Giants...atleast not so far.

Barkley and Jones can't be the only play makers on the O.

WR is something I think they definitely should be looking at this off-season, along with MLB and more O-line help.

Even throw back up RB on that list.

As much as Barkley is a demi god freak of nature, seeing him not in the line up made me realize we need a reliable back up behind him.

Someone who isnt going to fumble or just be hurt 90% of the time.

I'm sure this is something that can be addressed in FA though or a late round pick.

Gallman has just looked awful this year and so far Penny is the better runner out of the rest.

Yeah I'm with you on RB. I was really hoping we'd get a power back this year with a late round pick or FA.

You know after the NFL seeing the power that was Brandon Jacobs, I'm surprised there isnt more power backs in the NFL.

He would literally fall forward for 4 yards.

I know they dont last long, maybe six years and then you're getting into injury territory.

I guess Barkley type of build is the new "power back" but still I'd love to find a Jacobs 2.0

Unfortunately I was traveling and only got to see the second quarter. But about Tate, I'm not very worried about a lackluster performance his first game back. No practice for a month, and when he was practicing Jones wasn't the starter yet.

I saw the Slayton TD... could be that part of the solution at WR is already on the team.

If Tate doesn't work out, AJ Green may be available next off-season. He'll cost a lot of money and has been missing games, but he is a consummate professional, I would not be surprised if he has a couple damn good seasons left in him.

I dont want to judge our OL in this game - esp against that front 7 who can be handful on a normal days. Without Barkley and then when Gallman went down, the Vikings just brought out their entire blitz dictionary and did what they wanted to at will. Even in short yardage situations they knew we didnt have anyone to take a toss and turn the corner or bounce it to the outside, just just kept blitzing and the OL kept getting owned. In turn - our offense looked extremely inept.

Shepard - when was left all open on the first drive - shouldve made that catch. Jones delivered it under pressure. Ive seen enough of him going down and getting up and tapping his jersey number saying 'Ma fault ma fault'. Bitch - we know, next time make the fucking catch.

Jones then misfired a bit and what should have been an easy TD catch ended up becoming a tough one which again Shepard dropped.

Then the third one - that is one that Shepard should have contended and come down with. It was right on the money and he was in position. Beckham makes that catch.

WR is something I think they definitely should be looking at this off-season, along with MLB and more O-line help.

After seeing how the Vikings DL was operating, we definitely need a couple of DEs...

They're the least of my worries. Playcalling, the OL, LB, and the secondary are my concerns with this team. And the vikings should have put up 35-40 points yesterday, if not for their mistakes and bad playcalling. The game was more of a blowout than the score indicated.

Well by that logic, Our O should have had at least 14 more points since DJ missed a wide open WR twice.. once in the end zone no less. I just don't think the sky is falling.. our team is rebuilding and we know it.