SportsWrath

Highest paid football player

TrashTalker92

rodgers and ryan are up next. rodgers will beat it for sure and ryan even has a small chance too

Exactly. Highest paid player for now. It's just the way the market works. The two mentioned above and guys like Luck will eventually surpass it in all likelihood.

Joe Flacco's six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens is worth $120.6 million, two sources who've seen the contract told NFL.com's Albert Breer on Sunday night.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport and Breer reported the deal also has been finalized, according to Flacco's agent Joe Linta. The one remaining detail that Flacco's agent and the Ravens need to work out Monday deals with marketing related to the contract. However, the issue is expected to be resolved quickly, Breer reported.

Flacco's new contract includes $52 million in guaranteed money and the quarterback will also receive a $29 million signing bonus.

Here's a breakdown of Flacco's new contract, the richest in NFL history:

» $6.8 million salary-cap number in Year 1

» $29 million cap number in Year 4

» $30 million in Year 1

» $51 million through Year 2

» $62 million through Year 3

» $80 million through Year 4

» $100.6 million through Year 5

Option bonuses of $15 million and $7 million are also part of the contract.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh texted the following reaction to Breer: "Just very happy for Joe, his family, and also for Ravens fans. He always been our QB. So to me, this is very fitting."

Flacco's teammate, linebacker Terrell Suggs, left no doubt about his feelings: His text to Breer consisted of one word: "AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!"

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees previously held the distinction of NFL's highest-paid player with a five-year, $100 million contract, including $60 million guaranteed, signed last year.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ized-agent-says

I was just about to make a post about this! Other then the obvious he is not really all that amazing to demand such a salary... why would a QB do this to his team? Wouldn't lets say $100 million be ok and maybe that helps get you a stud olineman to keep you off your ass for the next couple years? Maybe gets you a big WR to toss the ball to?

I was just about to make a post about this! Other then the obvious he is not really all that amazing to demand such a salary... why would a QB do this to his team? Wouldn't lets say $100 million be ok and maybe that helps get you a stud olineman to keep you off your ass for the next couple years? Maybe gets you a big WR to toss the ball to?

For what looks like $81 million guaranteed, I'd take a beating and retire in 2 years. Not like they're going to repeat or be a true contender for years to come, with or without him. I still can't believe they won the SB.

For what looks like $81 million guaranteed, I'd take a beating and retire in 2 years. Not like they're going to repeat or be a true contender for years to come, with or without him. I still can't believe they won the SB.

This^....he has a modern day Trent Dilfer look all over him...a little more talented...lets hope for his sake he is half the broadcaster Dilfer is. :P One thing about ex QB broadcasters I find Dilfer to be the least obnoxious and totally non-homer in his analysis. I can almost forgive him for being a Shitbird...