SportsWrath

Some fixes for next year.

Ditto

1. Pawn Girardi off on the Cubs, and give the job to Posada so he doesn't play any more.

2. Bring back Molina so he can tutor Montero, our first string catcher next yr.

3. Keep Berkman.

4. Sign Jeter and fix him.

5. Keep Arod away from the weights. He's getting too fuckin' muscle bound.

6. Put Joba back in the rotation. From what I saw, Alby can take his place in the pen, no problem.

7. Get a top notch out fielder, one with a good arm, speed, and can hit in the post season.

I think the only real fixes they need is pitching, pitching, pitching......and getting Montero ready for the full time job at catcher.

1) Sign Lee

2) Re-sign Petite for 1 year

3) Trade Joba and Vazquez for a stud young pitcher

4) Package AJ with some prospects to get a consistent starter (who is young!!!!)

5) Plan on using Nova as the 5th starter

6) Spend what it takes to keep Kerry Wood as the setup man (I'm afraid another team will be dangling big money under his nose to make him their closer so keeping him might be a pipe dream)

There's talk of the Yanks picking up Werth (whom I have disliked in the past), but he would probably make a damn good DH and make a good 4th outfielder. His catch Saturday night was pretty impressive.

Id love them to trade for Greinke, but I dont know if his psyche would be good in NY...the dude walked away from baseball for over a year due to anxiety..playing in Kansas fucking City. Not sure how he would handle New York..kid might kill himself..seriously.

They could use an upgrade at cather, but Jesus is not good back there at all..he is just as bad as Posada..maybe worse.

Id love Carl Crawford and Lee

Id love them to trade for Greinke, but I dont know if his psyche would be good in NY...the dude walked away from baseball for over a year due to anxiety..playing in Kansas fucking City. Not sure how he would handle New York..kid might kill himself..seriously.

They could use an upgrade at cather, but Jesus is not good back there at all..he is just as bad as Posada..maybe worse.

Id love Carl Crawford and Lee

Carl Crawford will be the hot commodity (non pitcher)- along with Werth.

I don't know their POS or OPS whatever but I know this.

1. Pawn Girardi off on the Cubs, and give the job to Posada so he doesn't play any more.

lol..fine.

Thats fine.

3. Keep Berkman.

See nothing wrong with this.

You can't fix age.

Keep Arod away from October.

6. Put Joba back in the rotation. From what I saw, Alby can take his place in the pen, no problem.

Joba is a lost cause.

7. Get a top notch out fielder, one with a good arm, speed, and can hit in the post season.

Jason Werth.

Werth would look good in orange and black but I'm concerned about giving big contracts to ex-Phils. cough cough Aaron Rowand.

I'd be very concerned about giving him a big contract.

He didn't do much while he was with the Dodgers, yet comes to the Launching Pad at Citizens Bank Park and lights it up.

View PostDitto, on 23 October 2010 - 11:34 AM, said:

lol..fine.

Thats fine.

3. Keep Berkman.

See nothing wrong with this.

You can't fix age.

I beg to differ. <_<

Keep Arod away from October.

Joba is a lost cause.

Joba is just beginning to mature, an exc. #3

Jason Werth.

I'm fine with that. From what I've seen of him, another Paul O'niell, and he'll probably be cheaper than Crawford.

I'd be very concerned about giving him a big contract.

He didn't do much while he was with the Dodgers, yet comes to the Launching Pad at Citizens Bank Park and lights it up.

He had a series of misdiagnoses on his wrist while in LA...once he finally got the right diagnosis he got the right treatment and was able to perform. His home/away splits favor CBP, but not overwhelmingly.

My link

1. sign 5 aces that can all pitch in october

2. keep everyone that hits well in october, get rid of everyone who doesn't

3. sign a stud OF, catcher, and set up man

4. get a new manager with more than one world series ring who never makes questionable pitching decisions

5. draft robert gallery