SportsWrath

Well you don't say. ....

Lughead

You think maybe Gettleman had a point to trade him?

I don't think Gettleman traded Beckham Jr. because Gettleman was thinking of OTA attendance. He took a fair deal for a generational talent. Saquon Barkley made Odell Beckham Jr. expendable.

I don't think Gettleman traded Beckham Jr. because Gettleman was thinking of OTA attendance. He took a fair deal for a generational talent. Saquon Barkley made Odell Beckham Jr. expendable.

Theres's a dude who understands football.. :huh: . you can only have one all star on offense. that's how you win super bowls.

Not all... but primarily it was about the money.... the Giants felt the need to get out of salary cap hell... so they traded their most expensive player not named Eli and got draft picks and a pretty good Guard and Safety...

Not all... but primarily it was about the money.... the Giants felt the need to get out of salary cap hell... so they traded their most expensive player not named Eli and got draft picks and a pretty good Guard and Safety...

I'll say it was the factor if the Giants go on a spending spree in 2020. We weren't in salary cap hell, salary cap hell is when you are over the cap. Simply had too much money invested in 4 players with a very weak roster. Giants aren't 1 or 2 players away from competing and now we have a QB change to factor in...Could be years away from the playoffs outside of a great run in 2019.

I'll say it was the factor if the Giants go on a spending spree in 2020. We weren't in salary cap hell, salary cap hell is when you are over the cap. Simply had too much money invested in 4 players with a very weak roster. Giants aren't 1 or 2 players away from competing and now we have a QB change to factor in...Could be years away from the playoffs outside of a great run in 2019.

When you have a weak roster and 4 players making too much thereby hamstringing you from attracting additional talent, that qualifies as salary cap hell... also I think the turnaround is sooner than you think... Jones being the tipping the scale in either direction.

I'm really liking the OTA reports this off season. Sounds like a real good, cohesive group of guys.

because we have everybody committed to be there for every OTA, the mandatory mini camp in June is scheduled as if its just another OTA. Unlike most teams, they won't need to waste time getting the no shows up to speed. It's like a day or two extra practice. And... we need it.

I'm really liking the OTA reports this off season. Sounds like a real good, cohesive group of guys.

because we have everybody committed to be there for every OTA, the mandatory mini camp in June is scheduled as if its just another OTA. Unlike most teams, they won't need to waste time getting the no shows up to speed. It's like a day or two extra practice. And... we need it.

Bethea is supposed to be the big stand out on defence, not only is he in position so far on everything, but he's getting all the rookies lined up and making sure everyone knows their job.

Sure he's 104 years old but maybe we finally have a leader on this team.

Also Shepard and Paul Perkins are having a hell of a camp offensively.

Bethea is supposed to be the big stand out on defence, not only is he in position so far on everything, but he's getting all the rookies lined up and making sure everyone knows their job.

Sure he's 104 years old but maybe we finally have a leader on this team.

Also Shepard and Paul Perkins are having a hell of a camp offensively.

Paul Fucking Perkins, that's a name we haven't heard for a while.

Jones has proven the arm strength too.

All the young corners are getting good reviews.

A lot of reason for optimism. May get back to .500!

I hope Perkins can bounce back, he looked like he could become a really good change of pace guy when the Giants drafted him, and we need depth behind Gallman.

And all the talk about Jones is encouraging, he's been throwing bombs all over the field.

The only thing I don't like so far out of OTAs is from two other NFC East teams.

Haskins is looking like a day one starter, and Sweat supposedly has gotten a clear bill of health on his heart and might be the best pure pass rusher in the draft.

That RB the Eagles got looks like a top 10 pick RB they got in the second, and Dillard sounds like he's going to be the next Jon Runyan, and we don't have Strahan anymore.

11-5