SportsWrath

Giants comfortable letting eli play out deal

Herc

Trust me... I'm on the Amari Cooper bandwagon and I hate all things SEC. Reason being, there is no way in hell you'd ever have a WR Corps as talented as OBJ, Cooper and Cruz without paying an enormous amount of money UNLESS it's by some marvel that we draft the 2 best WRs in back to back drafts. Plus the sheer threat of those 3 on the field at the same time would do wonders for a potentially great offense. Get Cooper and you have OBJ-Cooper as a tandem for at least 4 years which'll pretty much be the rest of Eli's career.

My biggest concern after that is DL and unless Shelton is on the board I'd want to wait on the DL spot. There's something about the DEs in this draft that I'm not too thrilled about, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's that they all seem way too lightweight for the NFL.

OL I want taken care of in the 2nd or 3rd round. We didn't/couldn't land any of the free agent interior OL I wanted, but there are good guards that should be available in rounds 2 and 3.

As far as the hole at S goes... here's to hoping Stevie Brown comes back and turns into Ed Reed.

I doubt it'll happen, but those 2 lit up the NCAA with average QB play. OBJ broke rookie records in 12 games with no real threat opposite him last year. That tandem would be beyond insane and a complete nightmare for DCs.

I think this is just one of those situations where you forego need (though I do see wr as a need) and take the best chance at a superstar. Nobody was talking how bad the o-line was when beckham blew up and turned us into a passable offense

I think this is just one of those situations where you forego need (though I do see wr as a need) and take the best chance at a superstar. Nobody was talking how bad the o-line was when beckham blew up and turned us into a passable offense

Outside of the anemic run game, which at least some of the blame goes to the RBs, too, the offensive line kept Eli upright and did well in pass protection...

Outside of the anemic run game, which at least some of the blame goes to the RBs, too, the offensive line kept Eli upright and did well in pass protection...

Sometimes... Because I do recall Eli running for his life... And when Eli runs, it's never pretty.

I think having someone get open as quickly as beckham does helps but yeah their play seemed to improve. I don't think our o-line is as in dire straights as it was a year ago but it could use some work still

The need on the oline is at LG and i'm not keen on taking on a guard at 9. I also don't see the point of RT just to move Pugh to guard. Yes, they can get a WR in round 2 or 3, but guard presents better value there. Marpet is not plug and play and I have a feeling someone reaches for Marpet before he gets to 73 which is where I would take him(maybe even later.) Arie Kouandjio might present good value there. With a top ten pick you have take a production pick. Cooper can play slot or boundary. Cruz I think is done.

I think we can forget about JR taking an O-lineman in round 1. He's already gone on the record as saying he'd take a playmaker over an O-lineman if given the chance, and there's going to be plenty of playmakers in that spot. The only question really is do we go D-lineman or WR?

I doubt it'll happen, but those 2 lit up the NCAA with average QB play. OBJ broke rookie records in 12 games with no real threat opposite him last year. That tandem would be beyond insane and a complete nightmare for DCs.

That would be fun to watch. Draft a serviceable OLineman and it's off to the races.

Given our run defense, I have to believe that's the focus in round 1.

1. OL (DE) Vic Beasley (Dupree if Beasley is gone).

2. WR Sammie Coates

3. OG Ari Marpet

4. SS Durrell Eskridge

5. DT Grady Jarrett

6. CB Nick Marshall

7. DE Deion Barnes

7. OT Corey Robinson

The thing too is, how many teams are really looking for a veteran QB to come in and play for four years at that price? Most clubs either have their franchise QB in place already or have a young guy they're developing. I mean, there's always the Raiders but is that how a guy like Eli really wants to end his career?

There is another team who plays in our stadium that would make a move on Eli I am certain.

Given our run defense, I have to believe that's the focus in round 1.

1. OL (DE) Vic Beasley (Dupree if Beasley is gone).

2. WR Sammie Coates

3. OG Ari Marpet

4. SS Durrell Eskridge

5. DT Grady Jarrett

6. CB Nick Marshall

7. DE Deion Barnes

7. OT Corey Robinson

Beasley is not good against the run

Beasley is not good against the run

That has more to do with his size and an inability to set the edge. There is little doubt that if an OT gets leverage on him, he's getting driven out of the play. He's quick enough to avoid that. Further, he would line up solely as a LBer...no DE duty for him...because that would immediately put him at a disadvantage.

My draft is

1. Devante Parker WR Louisville

2. Clive Walford TE Miami

3. Derron Smith FS Fresno St

4. Josue Matias OG Florida St

5. Shaq Riddick DE West Virginia

6. Damian Swann CB UGA

7. Junior Sylvestre LB Toledo

7. Zach Zenner RB North Dakota St

That has more to do with his size and an inability to set the edge. There is little doubt that if an OT gets leverage on him, he's getting driven out of the play. He's quick enough to avoid that. Further, he would line up solely as a LBer...no DE duty for him...because that would immediately put him at a disadvantage.

Beasley is my top edge, so I don't think he makes it to us anyway. I'd put on him on the line has a 9T